N-Europe

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

phez_boy

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt that they will be activated straight away. nintendo wont let the release date out until they want to be heard.... wait for leipzig! only a little over a week now.

Update!New information says that the clocks will be installed by the end of the week...but will not be turned on until after the Games Convention in Leipzig

told ya so!

See at the bottom 'Price is going to be confirmed in September' (or something along those lines)

Seems like next week isn't going to be the week we are told the price then! Whats the bettings we aren't told a release date either?

Taking the mick a little now...it's not as though we haven't waited is it?

and yes i understand September is only 2 and a bit weeks away but thats...not the point! :heh:

Nah I think we'll be told the release dates next week. It'll practically be September by then, and they've always said we'd know by September (as far as I remember?) It could just be wishful thinking, but I'm almost positive we'll get concrete details next week.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5705

Joystiq, via the website Moz La Punk, via the IGN Insider forums, are reporting that the Nintendo Wii might be set to get even more revolutionary. According to a patent filed early this year, Nintendo are working on a voice chat feature that changes what you say into the Wii controller microphone in to words on your TV screen. Not only this, but the technology will also pick up the tone of your speech and applies corresponding colours, sizes, and fonts. So if you shut "You annoying man, you beat me!" it might appear "YOU ANNOYING MAN, YOU BEAT ME!" on the TV screen via the Wii. Apparently the voice to text feature will be used mostly in first part titles aimed at a younger audience (probably for safety and horrible online grooming reasons), so expect more mature games to feature straight voice-to-voice action.

According to the poster, the Wii will make use of a wireless, head-mounted microphone and the voice to text chat will also be censored, allowing for younger eyes not to be dirtied by rude words. We'll have more Nintendo-tastic rumours as and when someone makes them up. Seriously though, this might just be true...

Would be awesome!!

I think that is a great way to do online chat since it allows young girls to chat online without the fear of being targeted by sexual predators for their young girl-iness. It also helps preserve the illusion since some half-orc hammer-wielding grunt won't wander around talking with the voice of an eleven year old boy.

It also discourages people from saying offensive things since there would be a written record of what that person had said, and it would be attached to their name. That would certainly help protect everyone from obnoxious people.

I think it would be hilarious if it a monitoring system labeled people with things like "potty mouth", "racially intolerant", "poor loser", or even "easily offended" for anyone who frequently reports offensive content. That way people would know what they were getting into when they decided to play against those people. It could also list your preferences like "swear all you want around me".

I can just imagine... "Please say aloud the word or phrase you would like filtered out, followed by the word or phrase you would like to hear instead." That would be hilarious.

Guest Stefkov

I'm not surprised they're doing those clock things, i saw some for the Lite's in at least 3 shops i know of, of course game shops.

i like the talk to text idea. i have difficulties hearing peopel over Live, reading will be somuch easier, even if i have crap eyesight, my eyes have gone through less stuff than my ears.

Im just looking at the Will Wright Spore interview on IGN and one bit interests me:

IGN: Do you have any ideas of how the game (spore) would play on the Wii?

Will Wright: We've been messing around with the Wii dev kit and we're really interested in the possibilities there. It's possible the editors might be more manageable on that system. The DS is also very interesting to us, as its control scheme could be very manageable for the game.

a little forest creature tells me that a knightrider game is heading to all platforms. the wii version will have kitt talking out of the controller and of course fancy steering. est. 2007

Dude are you serious? If so that would be cool to use the F-Wii-Hand speaker for Kitts voice. (yes I'm still calling it a F-Wii-Hand:heh: )

They aren't being switched on until the release date is unveiled.

Yeah i posted that before the god-awful conference, lol. :laughing:

Now i know that they probably won't be switched on till sometime September. :wink:

I'm still trying to work out how many days it will start from? mmmmm

50 days?