N-Europe

Phil Harrison: "We didn't copy the Wiimote, We invented 3D games & PC's are obsolete"

Anakenobi

I don't know what was the first fully 3D game, but a Star Wars arcade game was one of the firsts. There was also Elite for Commodore 64... The only right thing he says is that PCs are obsoleet.

I had a Star Wars game for my PC way before the PS1 came out and it was in 3d.

Why are PC's obsolete?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrogant faggot.. im gonna print this when i get the chance and show it to anyone that is considering a ps3, he doesnt know why pc's will be obselete because they won't be, hes stalling.

Oh wait, PCs don't cook your beef while keeping out the fat

The main thing about PC's is that you don't have to replace them every 5 years or get a new TV for it.

They have full software interaction. they have the weight of microsoft behind them. They have ease of programming, several kick ass operating systems and you have total control over everything that goes on onscreen.

I think it is he who is attempting to make the PS3 gimmicky...

Current gen, I was initially put off buying a PS2 because of the attitude of Sony but later that became overriden by the selection of great games available. Still haven't got one yet though as I don't have enough cash. Fuck all chance I'm gonna get a PS3.

So the BluRay can now go into hyper space eh? Harrison, there's a black hole with your name on it.

Current gen, I was initially put off buying a PS2 because of the attitude of Sony but later that became overriden by the selection of great games available. Still haven't got one yet though as I don't have enough cash. Fuck all chance I'm gonna get a PS3.

well, you should be getting a system for the games anyway, how much the president of the company pisses you off should have no bearing on your choices. otherwise you are missing the point of gaming.

You know, Giant Crabs do actually exist, as Rudolf here will testify

redkingcrab_small.jpg

I was watching Animal Planet (as you do) a few weeks ago, and they had this feature on giant Arthropods, and there was this crab the size of a fully grown man...It was scary to say the least...:cry:

well, you should be getting a system for the games anyway, how much the president of the company pisses you off should have no bearing on your choices. otherwise you are missing the point of gaming.

Yeah, I know. But that was back then when I was a shameless fanboy. My point is that there is far too much putting me of buying a PS3 already and Harrison just isn't helping.

It has some bearing on my choice of console. The Sony management are the faces of the people selling you their Playstations. If Phil was an ice-cream vendor, there's no chance I would buy a 99 from a smug arrogant Phil who tells me he invented ice cream, no matter how nice it tasted.

How the hell are PC's obsolete?

Anyone?

*silence*

There is a reason I would rather spend £1300 on my new PC than £425 for a P$3 and £1000 for an HD-TV...

Don't even get me started on the "4D console" stuff, just don't go there, it's far, far to stupid.

(Basicly, the 4th dimension is time. Apparently the P$3 can travel through time, which would explain the "massive damage" done to your wallet/crabs's weak point through buying it...)

All this recent Sony stuff makes some Sony supporters long for the day when Sony was just another faceless corporation.

But I guess the big wigs at Sony also wanted to imitate Nintendo in the "famous and charismatic representative/head honcho" department. Like Ninty has Shigeru Miyamoto and Reggie.

So they told Phil (we don't need PC's) Harrison and Kaz (no next-gen until I say so) Hirai to become the new faces of Sony. Maybe that way they'll become as famous as Shiggy and Reggie.

Well they have become famous alright. But for all the wrong reasons!

:heh:

But I guess the big wigs at Sony also wanted to imitate Nintendo in the "famous and charismatic representative/head honcho" department.

And they also wanted to imitate them in the "we invented this and that" department but all they could really do was imitate instead of invent.

And they also wanted to imitate them in the "we invented this and that" department but all they could really do was imitate instead of invent.

I guess so! :)

Amazing Ninty still can be considered a leader even to the top dogs.

Ninty is like the little brother that invents stuff only to have the big brothers take all the credit and beat the crap out of him.

:heh:

Because a Mac is a Mac.

It's like saying a Burger King isn't a McDonalds.

A Mac is a type of PC. PC means personal computer. Mac's are personal computers, yeah? Although generally people say PC's meaning a Windows computer and a Mac is well, as a Mac, running OS X.