N-Europe

Classic Cartoons

Eddage

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom&Jerry, I moderately enjoyed Top Cat, Captain Planet and Ninja Turtles were fun, but I have to say that Powerpuff Girls hold a very special place in my tiny belgian chocolate heart (<3 Bubbles) and Samurai Jack deserves the term 'classic' already. I must say I enjoy Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob quite a bit when I have the time.

Sure there's a lot of shit on tv nowadays but cartoons haven't really gone down in quality (at least, the stuff you see on CN) over the years, they've just evolved.

I can't remember much of the Raggy Dolls either but I loved it. How can you not like the theme tune? Raggy Dolls Raaaggy dolls. Ok I can't really remember that either.

I couldn't say it was a classic but I loved Dogtanian too. All I remember doing one summer is watching that with my brother and sister.

Yeah...Modern 'kidish' cartoons are complete shit, with a few exceptions. (Invader Zim, Spongebob - Fairly Odd Parents now annoys me because it's so annoyingly sucky)

They're all the same and about some annoying American 10 year old boy, or a group of annoying girls. After Nickelodeon lost all its greatness (Bogey, Rood (sp?), Mike McClean (sp?) Mou (sp?) & Lou) and all that, cartoons began to go downhill as well it seems.

Therefore, I only watch Invader Zim & Rocko's Modern Life on Nicktoons really now.

I'm not going to bother naming classic cartoons really, because they've all already been said. I get surprised about how many people day Biker Mice form Mars and Street Sharks though, even as a kid they seemed really kiddy to me. Bucky O'Hare i missed out on really; didn't watch that many episodes.

Edit: No-one's said SECRET SQUIRREL!!!!

Yeah...Modern 'kidish' cartoons are complete shit, with a few exceptions. (Invader Zim, Spongebob - Fairly Odd Parents now annoys me because it's so annoyingly sucky)

How come everyone likes Spongebob!? It's shit!

It's like The Office, complete wank yet everyone seems to love it.

Ah ha I knew Alvin and the Chipmunks brought down the Berlin Wall, plus this guy pretty much sums up why old cartoons are better then new ones.

That guy has it spot on! I used to love it when they would try to teach you something important at the end of episodes, kinda like the Superted episode where he saved Spottyman from being hit by a car then taught him how to cross the road safely - genius!

I hate it too, I couldn't stand it the first time I saw it and couldn't believe it became so popular. It's painful to watch.

ack, i can't believe i forgot MASK, that show owned!!!! wish i had a motorbike that could turn into a helicoppter

Funny you should mention that but me and the lads at work we on about the very same thing the other day. What was the deal with all the hand movements while talking?

Well they had to do something to make up for the lack of facial expession.

Also did you know that in about 90% of the "in suit scenes" the American actors aren't in the suits (and no i'm not talking sunt doubles either), all the "robot" and "in suit" fights are taken from footage from the original Japanesse show, the american show just creates stories around the stock footage from Japans previous seasons (ie: whats showing in Japan today will be used in next years "new" show here), i only found this out a few months ago from a issue of Neo, i always knew that Power Rangers was "copied" from a japanese show but never knew that they used footage from them (to save production time and costs).

And pretty much every Ranger-esque show that followed used the same method (using stock footage from Japanese shows), in fact remember VR troppers? The stock footage used for the 3 heros "robot forms" was taken from 3 different and unrelated shows, haha, madness.

The only Ranger-esque show that didn't use stock footage from Japan was Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog (haha, the Irish one, hehe) but due to not having stock footage it cost too much to produce and was the main reason it got cancelled. And to this day Power Rangers is the only one left standing::shrug: , i think i still have the orginal Megazord in the attic somewhere, i should look for it over the weekend.

Soory i went a bit off topic there, i went on a bit of a roll:heh:

Well they had to do something to make up for the lack of facial expession.

Also did you know that in about 90% of the "in suit scenes" the American actors aren't in the suits (and no i'm not talking sunt doubles either), all the "robot" and "in suit" fights are taken from footage from the original Japanesse show, the american show just creates stories around the stock footage from Japans previous seasons (ie: whats showing in Japan today will be used in next years "new" show here), i only found this out a few months ago from a issue of Neo, i always knew that Power Rangers was "copied" from a japanese show but never knew that they used footage from them (to save production time and costs).

And pretty much every Ranger-esque show that followed used the same method (using stock footage from Japanese shows), in fact remember VR troppers? The stock footage used for the 3 heros "robot forms" was taken from 3 different and unrelated shows, haha, madness.

The only Ranger-esque show that didn't use stock footage from Japan was Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog (haha, the Irish one, hehe) but due to not having stock footage it cost too much to produce and was the main reason it got cancelled. And to this day Power Rangers is the only one left standing::shrug: , i think i still have the orginal Megazord in the attic somewhere, i should look for it over the weekend.

Soory i went a bit off topic there, i went on a bit of a roll:heh:

You learn something new everyday.

You've reminded me of VR Troopers. The only thing I remember about that show was that in probably every show one of the characters who was possibly the leader of the Troopers was getting his arse handed to him for starters, main and dessert whilst his allies had some problem getting to his aid, when they'd finally arrive the "Leader" was about to pay the bill for the Arse D'Oeuvres towards the weird monster thingummyjig, and they'd kill the baddie with a gun or something.

And that has reminded me of another show I cannot remember the name of, but sure it had the word "Samurai" in it. It was a show in which a teenage lad would be transported into some computer world to destroy some monster that had appeared in there, possibly a virus. I can't remember it that well. And I bet no one here knows what I'm talking about.

The Office is wank in your opinion.

It's wank in my opinion too, but I can see why people like it. I'm not into awkward cringe-comedy with so much realism, but some people are -- that's why it has a following.

I always loved Power Rangers. I was young, it was fun, I couldn't care less who stole what from whom.