Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Top 3 Moments of E3 2006

Stocka

Now that everyone has had time to let all the happenings settle in and reflect back upon most likely the best E3 ever, what are everyone's top 3 special moments of E3?

(They don't have to just be wii related but I thought the thread should be here considering the Wii basically stole the show)

1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl Trailer

I woke up in the morning and came on the PC before going to school to see if there was anything interesting from E3, but when I saw the words 'Super Smash Brothers Brawl Announced' and 'Trailer' I was absolutely shocked, the fact it was so unexpected made it so delightful. Watched the trailer and was in love, the music really made it so special too.What a wonderful thing to wake up to :D

2. Intro to Nintendo Conference

Watching Shigsy enter the stage and then composing the Zelda theme...one hell of an introduction.

3. Yoshi's Island 2

When I saw this I was suprised and so so happy, my favourite 2D game ever had got a sequel (and I never thought it would)

Guest Jordan

1, Super Smash Brothers Brawl Trailer

This is awesome, infact i've watched this trailer a good 60 odd times.

2, Halo 3 annoucement trailer

Although it showed no gameplay footage, this fantastic trailer sent shivers up my spine.

3, A decent 3D Sonic game

To be blunt (although i'm a fan of them) we've never had a good 3D Sonic game, Wildfire will hopefully change this.

3-Nintendo conference; too many Nintendo related things to choose from(though none singularly would have got any higher anyway0. From Wii sports through to Smash Bros; Nintendo had a great show.

Very close between these two (2 and 1) to be honest:

2-Assassins Creed; looks beautifully fluid, all reports point to a brilliant historical based game, with the feel of Prince of Persia, but soooo much better.

1-MGS4; what else could win. This is hands down the game I am most looking forward to for next year. The story, the trailer, raidens kick ass return....everything was just brilliant. I need this game

3. The genius that is NeoGaf and their army of photoshoppers

2. The Smash bros trailer due to surprise and random but awesome newcoming of snake (even tho its big boss in MGS2 solid snake outfit)

1. now cmon, what is better then a 15minute trailer of the most awesome series not made by nintendo

1.Super Smash Brothers :Brawl

Like Stocka I went on to R-E before I went to school and saw the announcement and saw the trailer which I couldn't keep my mind off.Even the music was great.When I saw the trailer my jaw dropped .The graphics look stunning and with new characters getting introduced I almost started dancing.

2.Sonic:Wild Fire and Metroid Prime 3 :Corruption

I can't really pic which one I prefer so i'll put them together.

Sonic :At first when I heard the whole Arabian Nights thing I got put off but when I saw Sonic in motion I feel in love with it right away and it looks like it could be the best 3D Sonic yet.Running fast bolting through levels with a great camera and good graphics looks like it can be a great game especially with the control scheme.

Metroid: I never knew much about this at all but when I saw this during the conference I started laughing in joy and it only got better once I saw footage of it and read hands on impressions and it sounds fantastic and really fun.With good graphics and an amazing control sheme it will be a game to remember.

3.WiiConnect 24

When I heard this in the conference and read it a bit about it I thought it was a really good feature and has great potential.It is a great idea keeping the Wii on all the time with low electricity consumption it will be a great feature to have,especially downloading new content for games.

3. Halo 3 It was the music that done it for me, and the subtle hype that led up to it from Gatesy and Moore. When that big hole opened in the ground, my jaw was on the floor.

2. The lines! Next to no people for PS3 and a four hour queue for Wii!

1. Watching the Nintendo Conference live First time I watched a conference live and it was the most exciting thing since sliced bread. So many great games anounced for Wii and DS, and also the embracing of the name Wii by the public after seing it so well used in the conference.

Super Smash Bros: Brawl After not seeing this in the conference I was distraught, then to switch on my PC and find a trailer available for it, with Snake in it... great!

MGS4 Simply just a great cinematic trailer and I love the MGS's!

Nintendo Connect 24 and the possibilities it has!

I have to add, that the massacaring of the Kojima production site at 2:30 am on wednesday morning was halarious, me and 100000 people must of been refreshing the under construction page for what was probably 30 times a minute.

power_of_the_force.gif

another highlight ^^

I'm extrmely disappointed not a single person has said Super Mario Galaxy, the true sequel to Mario 64 people have been waiting 10 years for. It looks and sounds amazing from everything I've seen and read, definitely top of my most anticipated.

1. Super Mario Galaxy shown

2. Smash Brothers Brawl trailer

3. Super Paper Mario announced

-Iwata bitching about load times in pseudo-english

LOL, I was watching the conference on TV with some friends, we couldn't stop laughing, even the crowd was laughing , at some point he just gave up and started mumbling shit.

1. SSBB, it was 4 am and I had no one to talk so I came here, I never posted that much.

2. Super Mario Galaxy, it looks so awesome.

3. Disaster, seems to be a great game, I love the art, and if we can base our expectations on Baten Kaitos than we can hope for great things.

1. Smash Bros Trailer.

This is my best moment just for the fact that I thought it wasnt going to be shown. I woke up and checked teletext gaming news like I do everyday and seen it was shown at E3 so I ran down stairs and checked the net to see an awesome trailer.

2. Halo 3 Trailer

Despite it being extremely short the trailer has a massive impact on you if you have followed the series. From the opening with Cortana to when the music kicks in this trailer is amazing. Finishing the Fight cant come soon enough.

3.Nintendo Conference Intro

A strange one this for sure. If it wasnt for the Zelda theme being played then it wouldnt have got my vote but just hearing that music being played so well always gives me chills.

1) Smash Brothers Brawl

2) The Wii Stampede :grin:

3) (ties)

--Red Steel Trailer

--IGN.com interviews with people saying they thought Nintendo won hands down

--Seeing the Nintendo execs jumping around on stage playing tennis!

(1) Super Smash Brawl trailer <- No explanation needed.

(2) Red Steel trailer <- Came at the peak of the hype and it's a damn good trailer

(3) Mario Galaxy presentation <- Immediately felt like this was Mario as he should be, right from the first look.

Ironic that Brawl is my top moment while it only really is going to be a graphical update. Ah well, never been consistent.

I can't pick, seriously it was all so good. But the BEST bits:

3. Nintendo getting the attention they deserve.

2. MP Corruption is the game we've all wanted it to be.

1. Mario Galaxy. It just rocked in every way, wanna see so much more of this game!

I'm extrmely disappointed not a single person has said Super Mario Galaxy, the true sequel to Mario 64 people have been waiting 10 years for. It looks and sounds amazing from everything I've seen and read, definitely top of my most anticipated.

1. Super Mario Galaxy shown

2. Smash Brothers Brawl trailer

3. Super Paper Mario announced

I agree with what you said about Super Mario Galaxy. It looks and sounds fantastic. I can also see why so many people have over-looked it though. This E3 has been phenominal for Nintendo. There's so many great moments that it is hard to narrow it down to 3.

My top 3 is this:

1. Smash Bros. Brawl Trailer being shown. Best damn trailer in existence.

2. Super Mario Galaxy being revealed. This is a damn close second place.

3. Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto (NOT george harrison as i stated, bugger) and the sweepstakes winner all playing tennis on Wii. Symbolises the coming together of people, and future multiplayer games. :)

Err.

1. The PS3 price confirmed as £410 (that's going by current exchange rates from USD - EUR - GBP and not including VAT) so expect nearer to £450.

2. Smash Bros. being announced as a non free hand game. (it would have ruined it face it)

3. Grand Theft Auto 4 for the 360.

Nintendo doesn't deserve the third moment because they royally ballsed up Nintendo Connect 24. I doubt I'll forgive them for that.

It was an okay E3, didn't blow me away. the main step forward was the abundance of free video streams which will only get better each year from now on.