N-Europe

Animal Crossing anime on the way! [Shipping milestone too]

Stocka

According to Japan's Hochi Shimbun online edition, Nintendo has, as of 5/8, shipped three million copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World to Japan. The game, known as Oideyo: Doubutsu no Mori in its native land, has been such a success, in fact, that Nintendo has chosen to branch the franchise off to a new media: anime.

The currently untitled Animal Crossing animated movie is is being prepared for a planned Japanese opening in December. Serving as director is Jouji Shimura, known for his work on Master Keaton and Shin Angyo Onshi. The game's staff is said to be cooperating on the project, which promises to retain the themes that have helped the game appeal to all audiences.

A US release for the movie has yet to be announced.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/708/708595p1.html

On top with that what happened to the whole idea of Nintendo entering the film business? And can anyone back me up on this when I say that I remember Nintendo stating that their first film-venture won't be shown until Q4 2006?

Could someone actually explain how something like this could actually be made into a worthwhile anime/movie or whatever because it baffles me :confused: as the game doesn't really have any sort of plot that would translate well to an anime but heh thats just my thoughts ::shrug:

Easy, Your guy finds out about Tom nooks plans for world Domination, he figures out that he's posioned the water supply and thats why he's the only guy that sells medicine to you, while your investigating the problem you find a secret hatch under the till counter whiel Nook is "out on business" And down there you find all his child slaves that he usues to construct your house so fast, it all dwindles down and you and thje villagers plan on taking him own but then Nook sees you all plotting agaisnt him and then he moves quicker on his plans and he gets into His Nookbot 3000 and goes on a stomping rampage on the village and you have to battle him matrix style.

..Yeah i'll shut up and go away *Runs*

I'd imagine it'll be a kids film and the plotline will go like this;

Dave will move into a town. The opening scene will be in train/taxi (maybe even plane?) like the games. Then he will start to get settled then something bad will happen (robbery, fruits aren't growing etc) and everyone will come together, solve the problem and live happily ever after. Maybe at the end Dave will have a house warming party.

Oh i can imagine it now...

'This is ellie.... She's just moved to her new town, but faces a gigantic problem. NO CASH, NO HOUSE.

Out of the kindness of his heart, Tom nook lends her a house which she must pay a debt for...within a limited amount of time!

"Take your time paying me back!"

Will she pay the mortgage within an infinite amount of days?'

And the sequel will most prob by the house upgrade...

Tut...seems incredibly pointless..WERES THE STORY??

Maybe if it was manga it'd be worth while..

Oh i can imagine it now...

'This is ellie.... She's just moved to her new town, but faces a gigantic problem. NO CASH, NO HOUSE.

Out of the kindness of his heart, Tom nook lends her a house which she must pay a debt for...within a limited amount of time!

"Take your time paying me back!"

Will she pay the mortgage within an infinite amount of days?'

And the sequel will most prob by the house upgrade...

Tut...seems incredibly pointless..WERES THE STORY??

Maybe if it was manga it'd be worth while..

First of all, it is anime/manga, second of all, nobody has confirmed what it is going to be about so I don't see why you're hating on your own imagination. You decided that it's gonna be like in the game and then ask where the story is? Jeez.... just wait