N-Europe

DK Bongo Blast (GC)

This was my idea for a Revo-europe (then Cube-europe) competition entry!

The competition was to come up with a novel new game for the bongos... AND THIS WAS IT! I did not win, but feel I should get some kind of belated prize for prophetic majesty... or something.

Damn my genius!

FYI: My version was called "Bongo Rally".

The competition was to come up with a novel new game for the bongos... AND THIS WAS IT! I did not win, but feel I should get some kind of belated prize for prophetic majesty... or something.

Damn my genius!

you get applause! Am I the only one interested in this game, I thiunk it looks awesome!

Looks absolutely brilliant. Just when i thought Nintendo had given up on the bongo's and Gamecube they bring out a cool racer like this!

I'm keeping my bongo's until future notice now! Definately getting thid for Chrimbo! :grin:

Noooo. Not another bongo game. Donkey Konga was fun. For a week. I'm not very interested.. Damn, i miss DK64. Someone bring out a proper DK platformer, and do it now damnit.

If I see bongos on the Wii I will not be a happy panda.

Damn my genius!

Well Nintendo do read the site ;)

Jungle Beat is one of my favourite GC games - lots of replay value! Not sure if I'll bother getting this, though - I expect there'll be more interesting games to grab my attention by the time this comes out.

you get applause! Am I the only one interested in this game, I thiunk it looks awesome!

Hmmm...

This is the only GC game at E3 I ever got excited for. Appart from Zelda of course. Quite unexpected, and interresting, allthough I really expected something else *looks in game catalogue, looking for Excitebike 64*.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Having a Blast on Wii

We all know DK Bongo Blast is gone from GameCube and reborn on Wii. The title is set for release on Nintendo's new system this year, along with Kirby, for that matter. Efforts like Wii Health and Wii Music will also be coming, but that's another blog post. For now, let's talk Bongo Blast.

Up until recently, people have speculated that Nintendo would make available some bongos for Wii so that peeps could best enjoy the experience. But I don't think so. Why? You've got the bongos already: the Wii remote and nunchuk.

That is all.

Source: http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2007/02/02/45604/

^ Cool! We finally get some new info on it.

Though the idea of the nunchuck and wii-mote being used is predictable and also slightly worrying. If you need to move both up and down to accelarate, you could get extremely tired, very quickly...

Lets hope they've thought about that. I'm sure they have.