NEurope
Sarka

Super Paper Mario

..sometimes you've just gotta laugh..

..this is not one of those times :nono:

Just when you started to believe Nintendo's pap off 'Europe won't be waiting long for Wii games'.

I knew it was too good to be true....

It's mainly Super Paper Mario which is annoying me. I can wait for Mario Party 8 and Brain Training....

Is there much translating needed for this game?

If not, then it must be a tactical decision by Nintendo.

Either that, or they really are taking the piss. We live in Europe, and so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is the real reason.

Either that, or they really are taking the piss. We live in Europe, and so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is the real reason.

They are really taking the piss, what's new?

Well in the IGN podcast matt mentioned there was quite a lot of writing in it.

Also, apparantly there's a 'pit of 100 trials' where each floor has a completely different 2d/3d puzzle. not only does it get harder as you go on, you get a time limit for each floor. Sounds challenging :D

Well its confirmed. It's not coming out in Q2 in Europe

I AM NOT AMUSED

Since when? The most recent thing that NoE have said is 'we don't know when it will ve out'

From the list NoE revealed it looks like we won't be getting it this Q.They dunno when it'll be out cause they'll start translating when it's out in the US.

From the list NoE revealed it looks like we won't be getting it this Q.They dunno when it'll be out cause they'll start translating when it's out in the US.

Hang-on...so they haven't even started translating it yet?

My god....definately a September release then....:shakehead

That list that is full of mistakes (eg Heatseeker in April), missing games (eg PoP, Harry Potter and Sims 2 Pets)?

Hang-on...so they haven't even started translating it yet?

My god....definately a September release then....:shakehead

I was exaggerating it a bit,I hope they started a while ago.

That list that is full of mistakes (eg Heatseeker in April), missing games (eg PoP, Harry Potter and Sims 2 Pets)?

Yup that's the list I was talking about.Even though there is mistakes I don't think they would miss out one of their own games.But part of me thinks it's an old list that they haven't updated.

I shall remain optimistic and hope for a Q2 release though.

Yeah there were some mistakes in that release list as some games are already out.

I won't hold my breath though for this arriving before September, maybe even October.

I was expecting this classic around the Easter/ pre-Summer period. But as optimistic as I want to be, with Mario Footy out very soon I doubt they'll give us two Mario games at once. I would really like to be proved wrong though.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778606p1.html

we have our ign review. You know the one we really care about

Check it out. it's amust buy from me

Reading that makes me want it even more! :(

I feel let-down, big-time. IGN haven't even mentioned 'Europe' in the release information. :heh:

Reading that makes me want it even more! :(

I feel let-down, big-time. IGN haven't even mentioned 'Europe' in the release information. :heh:

yeah from that review is sounds awesome...

i get the feeling we won't get this for a while sadly:(

Me neither...we won't see it before summer now it isn't on that list and we definitly won't see it during summer, as we all know they are traditionally the time of massive gaming droughts....

Just seems so stupid, we will get 2 mario games in Q4 unless....I hate to say this we don't see Galaxy this year, but surely they can't afford to hold it back another year?!!!!!!

The review did say there was alot of text and "pop culture" references, so I imagine that they want to translate it in language, and in references.

If they do that well, I will forgive them for the delay. I mean hey, it comes out in the US around the same time as Pokemon. I can't split my time like that! :p

IGN - 8.9

8.0 Presentation

The Paper Mario series reborn with a new emphasis on platforming. All your favorite characters are back and there's a humorous storyline, but there's also just way too much text to read.

7.5 Graphics

A beautiful 2D platformer and an uninspired 3D one. The worlds Mario explores look fantastic when they're flat, but the moment they gain depth they become barren landscapes.

7.5 Sound

Fitting silly sound effects and a compilation of MIDI music -- some of the tracks really ring true and others are throw-aways.

9.0 Gameplay

Really fun and extremely clever. You'll play it as a platformer, but there's a light RPG in place, too. Tight controls and clever levels that use the 2D/3D dynamic will impress you again and again.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

A good, long adventure that will span upward of 20 hours and that doesn't even consider some of the goodies you might have missed along the way.

IGN give it low score because of 3D "barrenness" and for having lots of texts.

text is no problem for me.I trained myself with phoenx Wright and hotel dusk and the graphics looked fine in 3d to me so basically for me there seems to be nothing wrong with this game...I'm so getting this

7.5 Graphics

A beautiful 2D platformer and an uninspired 3D one. The worlds Mario explores look fantastic when they're flat, but the moment they gain depth they become barren landscapes.

Based on what I have seen in the clips I can't agree with the remark about the 3d-parts. I'd say that that part actually looks really cool.

IGN give it low score because of 3D "barrenness" and for having lots of texts.

It's hardly a low score, it's a brilliant score and better than I was expecting.

Agreed, 8.9 is still very good. Can't wait for this should be amazing, though I can't argue that the 3D bits do look a bit barren.

Good score, remember folks this was first on cube and the graphical upgrade does not seem to be much so of course a 9 is unliky

Based on what I have seen in the clips I can't agree with the remark about the 3d-parts. I'd say that that part actually looks really cool.

Um if you read the review they DID think it was really cool, virtually everyone alive does. It just doesn't look as good visually as it does in the 2d scenes, that's the complaint.