NEurope
Sarka

Super Paper Mario

I've emailed Nintendo Service Centre about this game and it's release date....They won't help me, or do anything....BUT i wanted to put my opinion across. I think it's appalling that USA and Japan are getting this in a few days time...and they haven't even given us a vague release date....at this time it seems we won't be seeing this till end-of May/June.

I've emailed Nintendo Service Centre about this game and it's release date....They won't help me, or do anything....BUT i wanted to put my opinion across. I think it's appalling that USA and Japan are getting this in a few days time...and they haven't even given us a vague release date....at this time it seems we won't be seeing this till end-of May/June.

I do think it's unfair that we have to wait longer, and it feels like we're being discriminated against because we have such a vast amount of languages in Europe.

I think either they should speed up localisation, so that us Europeans get the game around about the same time as everyone else, or they hold back the release date in other territories so that everyone gets treated fairly.

"It's one of the best games we've ever played..." - Ngamer Uk :o

yep but then i see reviews like this that are good but are not best game ever standard. One sec let me find it

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/game/reviews/article.jsp?articleId=20070330102557989000&sectionId=1000

I'm not sure about the reliable of this site though but they say like games like wind waker and metroid prime 2. It gets bad towards the end

Why does Britain have to suffer for the rest of Europe? Why do they have to stuff every European language into a game sold in an English speaking country?

I do think it's unfair that we have to wait longer, and it feels like we're being discriminated against because we have such a vast amount of languages in Europe.

I think either they should speed up localisation, so that us Europeans get the game around about the same time as everyone else, or they hold back the release date in other territories so that everyone gets treated fairly.

It's really bullshit. If sega and ea can do it so can nintendo

Why does Britain have to suffer for the rest of Europe? Why do they have to stuff every European language into a game sold in an English speaking country?

But you see it isn't just nintendo. at least nintendo have a reason maybe. Europe is their smallest market but sony treat europeans like shit. No choice in ps3 model, get it about 5 months after every else and lets not forget that the psp was delayed a whole year and europe is sony biggest market

You think you suffer, we Dutch have to wait for as long and it doesn't even get released in our language!

It's something that needs to be sorted out, and I think it is a bit ridiculous how games like Pokemon Battle Revolution have been out in Japan for quite some time, yet we Europeans are having to wait almost a year for it to come over here.

Yea it really is annoying waiting for it all the time.I mean it's easy enough to send the script to the translators while the game is in development and translate it at the same time.

They should change the NTSC format to PAL and have NoUK(is there one?) to distribute it.

You think you suffer, we Dutch have to wait for as long and it doesn't even get released in our language!

I know, I feel sorry for you for that. In general, Europe just gets treated like dog crap. Something annoying on their shoe.

It's something that needs to be sorted out, and I think it is a bit ridiculous how games like Pokemon Battle Revolution have been out in Japan for quite some time, yet we Europeans are having to wait almost a year for it to come over here.

If anyone can find that comic where the translators are translating Animal Crossing, and they do one word then leave for a party, major kudos from me. :heh:

I understand about localization, but too make it fair...this game and others which have alot of text should be held back in every country until it's availible for distrubution in USA, Europe and Japan at the same-time....

To be fair to the translators, the English version of a Thousand year door did a VERY good job of translating to the english sense of humour, and lots of random English phrases. The game was better for it because we didnt have put up with American "humor" *shudders*.

This one seems to have slipped under my radar, though I'll admit I sadly haven't played the first one. It looks... insane.

Would be nice if they were holding off so that they could release Paper Mario on the Virtual Console on the same day.

I made a few observations about how they translate. First there are only one or two people involved and they translate from Japanese what could take up quite some time.

But the text isn't implemented at the very last minute so things should be a lot faster.

I get the impression NOJ releases the game, America can translate it to English, NOA releases the game, Europe can translate it into the various languages, NOE waits until they feel the time is right to release it.

But it's only my assumption but if that holds true there's a lot of room for improvement.

Well this delaying because of translating has always pissed me off.. I remember sitting playing old text adventures waaaaaaay back with a dictionary in my lap to look up all these foreign english words like.. "go north", and "examine bunk" or "lie down in front of bulldozer".. and I almost learned english in the process..

And I don't want to play it in german or spanish.. so hurry the f*** up and get the game out here...

To be fair to the translators, the English version of a Thousand year door did a VERY good job of translating to the english sense of humour, and lots of random English phrases.

Yea, I woldnt mind waiting a bit longer for more games that do that - even fixing small annoyances like spellings (e.g. colour) in our version - I see no reason why they can't change it all the spelling within an hour. (TimeSplitters, for example. And that's made in this country).

Yea, I woldnt mind waiting a bit longer for more games that do that - even fixing small annoyances like spellings (e.g. colour) in our version - I see no reason why they can't change it all the spelling within an hour. (TimeSplitters, for example. And that's made in this country).

Completely agree. I wouldn't mind waiting for the translators quite so much if I knew that the English version would be modified for the UK, but as it stands, all we get is an overly long wait for a game that's exactly the same as the one as the Americans play.

Well its confirmed. It's not coming out in Q2 in Europe

I AM NOT AMUSED

Seriously, has anyone got links to NOE on this forum? We need to find out wtf is going on. I don't give a shit about Mario Sports game 112. Whats so hard about giving us a game in english which is being relased in the US next week?

EDIT: And is there a Wii region free mod yet? Right now would be a great time for Datel to come out with a freeloader =/

Well its confirmed. It's not coming out in Q2 in Europe

I AM NOT AMUSED

I know. Absolutely disgraceful.

Seriously, has anyone got links to NOE on this forum? We need to find out wtf is going on. I don't give a shit about Mario Sports game 112. Whats so hard about giving us a game in english which is being relased in the US next week?

EDIT: And is there a Wii region free mod yet? Right now would be a great time for Datel to come out with a freeloader =/

At least Mario Strikers is online. But I don't like how Nintendo seem to think that compensates for other games such as SPM missing from the release schedule.