Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

England Team Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to see England vs Jamaica on Saturday. We should play better than we did against Hungary (as long as Hargreaves doesnt come on). Im hoping for a high scoring game seen as Jamaica lost 4-1 to Ghana the other day.

i think the formation against hungary is the one we should use. gerrard as an attacking option is the best for england

I agree, I thought the formation worked well, although Carragher didn't look comfortable playing the 'holding' role. Beckham was fantastic I thought. Really looking forward to watching the game tommorow, the football we play now is so much more exciting and promising than it was before the 2002 World Cup.

I agree, I thought the formation worked well, although Carragher didn't look comfortable playing the 'holding' role. Beckham was fantastic I thought. Really looking forward to watching the game tommorow, the football we play now is so much more exciting and promising than it was before the 2002 World Cup.

Very true that is... it just seems that every time England makes a forward run they have a great chance of scoring a goal because of the quality of the crosses from either Becks from the right or J.Cole from the left.

I agree, I thought the formation worked well, although Carragher didn't look comfortable playing the 'holding' role.

Im hoping to see Carrick in the holding role on Sat. Think he should be first choice in that posistion to be honest.

i think the formation against hungary is the one we should use. gerrard as an attacking option is the best for england

Well it looks like Sven has opted for the standard 4-4-2 approach for todays match with Crouch and Owen up front and Carrager expected to fill in for Neville.

EDIT: A very strong performance from everyone, still I knew Crouch would miss the pen.

Crouch has already got more goals for England then Heskey :grin:

Heskey's a totally different type of player (apart from the fact he is in theory a striker), he holds the ball up more and makes opportunities for other players rather than score himself.

Heskey's a totally different type of player (apart from the fact he is in theory a striker), he holds the ball up more and makes opportunities for other players rather than score himself.

Suppose Crouch spends more time on his feet than Heskey and has a far more entertaining goal celebration. In regards to Heskey being totally different to Crouch, I agree, Crouch can sometimes play excellent like today, unlike Emile.

I was at the game and i have to say Crouch played a blinder (except for the pen, what the heck was he doing)

Other than that, Beckham again was suberb, im glad owen got on the scoresheet, however in the second half he was struggling with pace...still not fully fit.

Was a great day, lost my voice a little with all the singing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!