Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Hardware Discussion

Ashley

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would be a pretty stupid move from Nintendo. The DS is selling incredibly well and this would only harm hardware sales. But it could be that they use blank DS cartridges as a memory medium.

Would also be pretty neat for DS demos. Download demo to cartridge, put into DS, turn on and off as often as you like and the demo's still there.

Damn that blue light, it looks so freakin' cool!

Off topic: The more I think about it, the worse the name seems... I know it's memorable, but the same would apply to Shite-Fuck-Wank-Whore.

A console can't be "for everyone" if you call it something that a.) has to be explained, and b.) wont want to be bought by adults who don't want to look foolish infront of non-gaming friends who'll say "haha it's called "wee!".

But I still really want a Wii...

Damn that blue light, it looks so freakin' cool!

Off topic: The more I think about it, the worse the name seems... I know it's memorable, but the same would apply to Shite-Fuck-Wank-Whore.

A console can't be "for everyone" if you call it something that a.) has to be explained, and b.) wont want to be bought by adults who don't want to look foolish infront of non-gaming friends who'll say "haha it's called "wee!".

But I still really want a Wii...

So according to you :

a.) they should've named it "Game Console®"? What does xbox mean? At what hour does the "play" depart at the playstation? (ever noticed what a strange word "chair" is? Sure, it's accepted and all, but still, if you heard that word for the first time in your life, you couldn't imagine what that could be)

b.) adults aren't grownups?

No that's for SD Cards

I'm sure that slot, from looking at that picture, is too small for SD cards. If you I can take a photo comparing an SD card to a DS game to that picture.

Maybe you just put the card in sideways or something. I was just bored and thought DS games looked that size :heh:

I'm sure that slot, from looking at that picture, is too small for SD cards. If you I can take a photo comparing an SD card to a DS game to that picture.

Maybe you just put the card in sideways or something. I was just bored and thought DS games looked that size :heh:

But SD cards are only about 70% of the size of a DS card.

I think it's for the SD cards, it makes no sense for anything else.

^ Moria loses.

ShadowV7, if you find SD cards small, then check the microSD cards:

Microsd_size_comparison.jpg

sandisk_trans_256mb_large.jpg

img?s=MEC&f=1931048_3975.jpg

Now, this is small. And these babies come in 2GB AFAIK.

Why do I lose? Those SD cards look too small to fit in that slot :p

I've got a 512mb MicroSD card for my phone, it came with an SD adaptor too so I'll be able to use it for the Wii too.

:p:^^^ its a ptty that there arnt more then one SD slot .It would have been cool if you could put a few in to give the console a decent amount of memory.

Well, hopefully I can use a 20GB partition of my external HDD for Wii.

wiidszx9.jpg

Wii can play DS games? :heh:

Oh, how I love all these funny little conspirisy theories... reminds me a few days before the Wii-mote was shown for the first time, and everyone was posting all these weird mock-ups and fakes.... hopefully, everything about the Wii will be shown off at the Leizpig games convention so people don't make anmore of these silly conspirisy theories.

Oh, how I love all these funny little conspirisy theories... reminds me a few days before the Wii-mote was shown for the first time, and everyone was posting all these weird mock-ups and fakes.... hopefully, everything about the Wii will be shown off at the Leizpig games convention so people don't make anmore of these silly conspirisy theories.

I was bored :P

I think nintendo semi-confirmed that the Wii will be compatible with any USB mass storage devices that use those unified drivers that windows XP have.

i would like this. i would like this very much. storage for VC games was a bit of a concern of mine

i would like this. i would like this very much. storage for VC games was a bit of a concern of mine

You do realise that, for example, a game like super mario brothers 3 for the NES (which is 3 Mbit) would fit 1365 times on the internal 512MB flash memory? That same memory can hold more than 100 average sized SNES games, or 16 times a N64 game the size of zelda:OOT.

Not to say that the internal memory is enough, but I think that a single (large) SD card will suffice.

But, it's nice that they allow mass-storage usb devices.