NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

The big final secret is set to be announced, and no doubt details about the console itself. So discuss it all in here.

I would like the 3rd secret to be something to do with the way we see the games. And I dont mean 3d etc i just mean we see it in a differant way.

Apparently the 3rd secret is the nun-chuck adapter also has the motion sensor technology triforce keeper, but it doesnt seem big enough for the secret to be kept..

Still wondering whats behind that flap, must be something secret, they havent shown us whats inside or told us infact.

Still wondering whats behind that flap, must be something secret, they havent shown us whats inside or told us infact.

The flap must do something intresting....must! :D

If you mean the flap on the top, it's the GC controller sockets and the GC memory cards slots.

I know about that flap the fish, but as triforce keeper said its the one by the disc slot. I should of been more specific.

Less than 24 hours guys....

wouldnt that be for DVD's since you need to buy an adapter for it to work with DVDs maybe its an expansion slot???

Good point takeo... but still, i dont see why Nintendo consider this adapter. Surely including the DVD feature in every console wont particularly matter.

Still curious... also I want to see the final version of the motion sensing bar that developers have..

we had a whole discussion about this why would nintendo say the revolution part of it or something in is the flap and its the dvd dongle playback thing, we sdiscussed that it will probably be underneath it, in one of the two 'holes' we've seen in the pics.

i realy want to know whats behind the flap, if it is the dvd playback thing then i apologise in advance.

My moneys on SD card slot and something similarly unsurprising possibly the DVD attachment(that would slot right under the disc drive if it went in there wouldn't it?)

I predict that there is no final secret. Just some small things we don't know.

Good point takeo... but still, i dont see why Nintendo consider this adapter. Surely including the DVD feature in every console wont particularly matter.

Nintendo have to pay to include a DVD drive, everyone does, that's why they sell it seperatly. Microsoft do it too.

I knew that, but i just dont see the point in it.

I basicly said that out of fear that europe will have some crazy task to get one, that sort of stuff dont usually appear on our shelves because NOE cant convince shops to take some stuff.

Maybe im speaking too early, but if that is the case, im going to be so fucking annoyed. NOE are just useless at distributing important peripherals..

According to the EGM it will cost $249.

That's £135 in real money (j/ks, Euro users).

Not bad.

Not bad.

£130 was the Cube's launch price so I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect that for Wii, no more than £150 anyway I wouldn't think.

The speaker in the Wii controller is definitley a cool function, as long as its good quality - To hear realistic thuds as the ball hits the bat (Wii controller) coming from it would be a pretty funky addition though I hope its not the final secret, I'm hoping for something much more exciting :D

Not bad.

That would be around €197, which, yeah, is not bad at all!

I seriously doubt the 3rd secret is the nun-chuck accelerometer.

hmm 150 GBP sounds right! i hope the speaker isnt the last surprise would be a big disapointment after the hype :( still . . .

*wii-ing myself in excitement!*

The speaker could very well be the last surprise, it just leaked recently.

*wii-ing myself in excitement!*

Your not the only one.I think the last secret will be revealed tomorrow.

I want loads more secrets!!!! All this news about the wii and its games are so exciting.....can't wait for tommorrow's conference.

It's probably gonna be the speaker that makes special little sounds like in Twilight Princess when Navi calls you etc...