Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's update: The return of the dreaded Friend Codes! :yay:

Well thats annoying, if a little predictable. I still don't get why Nintendo can't implement some sort of simple friends list system? Would be nice to only have to enter a code once.

Even better would be if it was possible to see what people were playing and message them instead of having to arrange games in advance over MSN/Forums/Phone/Real Life and then hope it all goes right.

Maybe one day...

Well thats annoying, if a little predictable. I still don't get why Nintendo can't implement some sort of simple friends list system? Would be nice to only have to enter a code once.

Maybe one day...

Because if somebody had more than one name on their Wii for Smash Bros. as in adam, bob, claire etc then that means the person entering the Wii code would have to be friends with all of them, whereas if each individual has a unique code it's not the case.

Because if somebody had more than one name on their Wii for Smash Bros. as in adam, bob, claire etc then that means the person entering the Wii code would have to be friends with all of them, whereas if each individual has a unique code it's not the case.

If each individual player had their own freinds code and it was the same for each game, that would be fine. Why Nintendo don't do this, I don't know.

The Battle for the Smash Ball

A Smash Ball appears! The tension rises. Since it gives you an attack as powerful as the name Final Smash implies, everyone will battle frantically to get it.

technique09_071205a-l.jpg

There it is! Get it! Get it!

You can’t get the Smash Ball by simply touching it. You have to bash it and smash it many times until the player who breaks the Smash Ball gets it.

The Smash Ball’s endurance diminishes with each hit and with time.

technique09_071205b-l.jpg

How should you pursue it? Even this becomes a battle.

technique09_071205c-l.jpg

Yes! I got it!

Once a character gets it and begins glowing on standby, he or she just does a standard special move to unleash the Final Smash. Just press the B Button without any directional input.

It depends on the particular Final Smash, but simply pressing the button at a random time or place might not work to your advantage.

technique09_071205d-l.jpg

Some can be dodged fairly well...

So pick a position that your move will strike from. Or create conditions under which you will definitely hit your foes. Do all of this while glowing on standby.

technique09_071205e-l.jpg

Now just jump up and fire off that Final Smash!

However, if the character on standby gets hit, he or she may fumble the Smash Ball!

technique09_071205f-l.jpg

Even if someone gets it,

attack is often the best form of defence!

Do you use it as soon as you get it? Or save it for later? Do you run from an enemy who got it? Or do you chase him? You’ll need some instantaneous situational decision-making!

And then there’s an element known as the Pity Final Smash. Once a significant point advantage is reached, the losing player is given a bonus chance. When you get this, you will reappear after a KO in Final Smash standby mode.

technique09_071205g-l.jpg

It’s OK to give this out, isn’t it?

Now, if you don’t want to use Final Smashes whatsoever, you can restrict the appearance of this item in the Item Switch. If you just turn Smash Balls off, you’ll be set.

The game-changing Final Smash. Using it is fun. Running from it is fun, too.

[/Quote]

X: Tunnel Scene

"X: Tunnel Scene" (1:00)

Composition Supervisor: Kazumi Totaka

Arrangement Supervisor: Yusuke Takahama

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.

• Check your volume settings.

My song choices for this game were made very carefully after surveying song popularity, using opinions submitted to the Smash Bros. website and listening to the songs themselves.

But there are also some songs I added based entirely on my own whims. This one song is from a Japan-only Game Boy game called X. If a song is good, that’s enough for me.

Of course, there is no X stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but this time, the songs in Smash Bros. aren’t limited only to those series represented by characters and stages. We’ve taken some that are from completely unrelated games.

Can you expect to hear this song or that song? You’ll just have to wait and see.

[/Quote]

So, you can get a Final Smash for free as well, if you're doing really bad. And item switch confirmed as well. The music is good too.

Also if you can turn off Smash Balls there could be a way to play as ZSS without them.

i think they'll put a censor on it prolly

You're probably right, but I hope it will be free text, at least among friends. I'm really looking forward to this feature.

It’s OK to give this out, isn’t it?

No!!! We don't want Smash to become the levelled-out fudging that Mario Kart has become! I'd like to turn this off, but keep the Final Smash item.

I hope his exactly the same, cause he's funny and he's like a Wobbuffet should be.

Right...There's no such thing as Mirror Coat etc ey:indeed:

Exactly. The only improvement I can see is if he doesn't hurt you the moment he comes out (Very annoying).

I find it rather odd that you've been hit enough by him to find it annoying. I can't actually recall being hit by him as he comes out once, though I'm sure I have, so it can't be THAT annoying.

Well they'd supposedly already be able to be contacted on a Wii a group uses anyway so...

Why not be able to enter a Wii number ONCE per console, and then individual Mii numbers once for your Mii:

A Mii counts as your Gamertag...But instead of a registered name, it's a number....well 2.

The Wii the Mii belongs to, and then the Mii's number for that console.

So when you're logged in as your Mii on an online game, you should only have to select a Wii already registered on your Wii, then input the Mii number you want to be friends with on that console. And they should be registered as selectable for all games.

This could very well be possible, but if I had to criticise one thing about Brawl, it would be that some of the customisation options seem limited.

SSBM had lots of customisation options, this one already has more and we haven't seen everything, so care to explain where you got that idea?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!