N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wario: Final Smash

Wario-Man

Wario’s Final Smash is Wario-Man!

wario_071128a-l.jpg

Eat garlic!

wario_071128b-l.jpg

Wario-Man!

Even after becoming Wario-Man, you control him as you normally would. And he doesn’t unleash any overwhelmingly powerful attacks.

But he is able to negate a variety of moves and boasts some rather odd abilities...

wario_071128c-l.jpg

Punch to pummelpummelpummelpummel!

wario_071128d-l.jpg

It’s a sideways-sliding shoulder tackle!

wario_071128e-l.jpg

His mid-air moves make him fly?!

His special moves are also powered up, but the one thing you can’t do is ride his bike.

Don’t do it.

This may seem like a joke, but you absolutely must not ride it.

wario_071128f-l.jpg

Tooooooo faaaaaaaaast!!!

[/Quote]

This one is great. :laughing: Very unexpected and very fun as well, best update of the week until now definitely.

It ain't complicated. Almost square screen = 4:3, Rectangle = 16:9

If you have a widescreen TV it tends to be blatantly obvious:

4:3

31J16YQFRNL._AA280_.jpg

16:9

215uWx-%2B9rL._AA280_.jpg

If you can't figure out the difference between those two then i worry for you...

It's not that I can't tell them apart (I'm not completely stupid, mind you :indeed:).

It's that my TV has a 16:9 option when is doesn't look like a widescreen TV. When playing some DVDs I can see more of the picture when using 16:9 (I get the black bars in top and bottom, but the picture gets smaller so more of the sides can be seen). Though when playing other DVDs the picture simply stretches. Both are even the case on one of my DVDs: In the menus I can see more of the screen, but when playing the actual movie the picture just stretches. This could be because the movie itself doesn't support widescreen, but why do the menus, then? Seems weird.

When using the widescreen option on the Wii (together with my TV's option, of course), I get even more confusing results: In some places I can see more of the sides, but in other places I can actually see less.

If anyone can clear all this up for me, please do. :wtf:

On today's update, it's cool that they haven't just made a powered up version of his nuclear fart. The bike thing is very funny, though I have the feeling some people will learn to use this to their advantage.

wario_071128d-l.jpg

This picture gives me hope that Wario-Man is actually classic Wario. Please make it happen.

Even if he isn't classic Wario, he still looks great. One of the best Final Smashes, definately (bested only by Giga Bowser).

I don't think Wario-man is from any game in particular, or is he?

It's not that I can't tell them apart (I'm not completely stupid, mind you :indeed:).

It's that my TV has a 16:9 option when is doesn't look like a widescreen TV. When playing some DVDs I can see more of the picture when using 16:9 (I get the black bars in top and bottom, but the picture gets smaller so more of the sides can be seen). Though when playing other DVDs the picture simply stretches. Both are even the case on one of my DVDs: In the menus I can see more of the screen, but when playing the actual movie the picture just stretches. This could be because the movie itself doesn't support widescreen, but why do the menus, then? Seems weird.

When using the widescreen option on the Wii (together with my TV's option, of course), I get even more confusing results: In some places I can see more of the sides, but in other places I can actually see less.

If anyone can clear all this up for me, please do. :wtf:

On today's update, it's cool that they haven't just made a powered up version of his nuclear fart. The bike thing is very funny, though I have the feeling some people will learn to use this to their advantage.

You're TV can accept a 16:9 signal and display it, so if the device is sending out a 16:9 signal the picture will be correct on screen. This is good, but if the device is pumping out a 4:3 signal when in 16:9 mode it will stretch it.

This is what Sakurai means by setting you're TV to "Full". Basically you probably want to use you're TV in 4:3 mode for games, with the 4:3 mode in the game. This is the safe way to play it, the picture will always be correct. Using different combinations can yield miked results, because the picture processing on TVs has a habit of being crappy. Use 4:3 on conventional sets and 16:9 on wide sets, ignore any fancy TV settings and you'll have no problems.

Events

It’s the return of Events! This is a single-player mode in which you battle through predetermined situations.

various16_071129a-l.jpg

This is the Events selection screen.

Oh! The pictures make it easy to understand.

various16_071129b-l.jpg

And it has different difficulty settings!

For these, a harder setting is probably more exciting, but you can go ahead and set it however you like.

For example, you’ll find these kinds of situations:

Two Trouble Kings

various16_071129c-l.jpg

Character: Mario

Bowser and King Dedede battle as a team!

And Mario stands alone against them.

Pink Ball Repulsion

various16_071129d-l.jpg

Character: Meta Knight

Kirby must not be allowed on the Battleship Halberd!

Blast Kirby off before the platform lands on the Halberd!

Cleaning House in Skyworld

various16_071129e-l.jpg

Character: Pit

Destroy all the terrain in Skyworld!

Wario both gets in the way and helps out?

Sleeping in the Eggs

various16_071129f-l.jpg

Character: Yoshi

Using Yoshi’s Egg Lay standard special move,

put both enemies inside eggs simultaneously!

Dark Link Duel

various16_071129g-l.jpg

Character: Link

It’s a fated battle with your own shadow.

This is a stamina-based match.

High scores are recorded for each challenge at each difficulty level. You don’t just clear these challenges – competing for time will magnify the fun.

Enjoy Smash’s chance meetings between a variety of characters!

[/Quote]

Great to see events back, I liked them a lot in Melee. Difficulty settings is a good addition as well. Hope they're going to put a whole lot of them in.

I just noticed that in the Dark Link picture they have 200HP, could we finally alter HP in stamina mode this time?

Woohoo! Events are back and better than ever.:yay:

I just noticed that in the Dark Link picture they have 200HP, could we finally alter HP in stamina mode this time?

That image gives us hope. *Prays for it happen*

Hypothetically/educated guess etc there might be 40 events?

Thats if the current 10 that are shown as squares at the top of the screen doubles over to stretch across the screen @ 20, then a row below it.

I wouldn't bet the event number on the select screen picture. At this point, we can't know for sure how many events there will be. *Prays for it to be 50*