NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Let me tell you something about how great this game is going to be: After Melee came out, it was the only thing me and my mates played for four-fecking-years.

Was talking to my friend about brawl the other day, he says apparently that video with the new characters is supposedly fake. Is he totally wrong does anyone know or is there a chance he's right :o?

We'll know all by the end of the week.

Good stuff. I presume unlockables have been cut off on the demo pods?

I would imagine so. Just set levels, characters, items etc.

Ah internet... serious business.

Kill him, my Don ^^

Nah, it's funnier like this.

Though I do understand what Mcmad is saying...The gameplay is nothing new. Melee was magical at first but then after a while the gameplay just felt so mundane...I'm hoping that Brawls longevity, new character styles and wifi will not make this game go in the same path.

There was never anything mundane about Melee. So many nights spent with friends playing solidly until 4am. Twas a glorious age.

I just know this is going to give me and my friends years more of entertainment.

Melee gameplay mundane? It's the exact opposite. It's easy to pick up, but has lots of intricacies (sp? lol) that makes the game quite a challenge to master, no other game is like it, etc. There's nothing mundane about it.

Tbh I still think it will take OoTs place, not because its necessarily better / more revolutionary / whatever, but because do you really see this game getting any bad reviews at all? I don't think anywhere will give it less than a mid range 9, and there will be plenty of 10s considering Halo 3 got them (Halo 3 is to Halo 2 as SSBB is to SSBM, so the "revolutionary" card can't be played).

Also, this is going to sound like I'm trolling, but it's not intended in that way:

Anyone else agree this would be better on the PS3? As in, there would be more space to cram stuff onto the disc, HD stuff, etc. Only downside I can see would be a less suited controller (compared to the GC pad). This just doesn't take advantage of the Wii's biggest features, is all.

If someone takes that the wrong way and flames me for it I'm going to punch them.

Melee gameplay mundane? It's the exact opposite. It's easy to pick up, but has lots of intricacies (sp? lol) that makes the game quite a challenge to master, no other game is like it, etc. There's nothing mundane about it.

I agree it is very easy to pick up and play, but this imo made it rather easy to master particularly with clone characters. I used Mewtwo most of the time for his more complex style.

Anyone else agree this would be better on the PS3? As in, there would be more space to cram stuff onto the disc, HD stuff, etc. Only downside I can see would be a less suited controller (compared to the GC pad). This just doesn't take advantage of the Wii's biggest features, is all.

If someone takes that the wrong way and flames me for it I'm going to punch them.

Not really ya know...I'm actually quite suprised at what they fitted onto this one Wii disc. No need for Blu Ray if you can do this really. Game looks good enough too, just use component cables.

Smash Bros isn't about mastering the characters though. Each on only has a set four moves after all. It's about mastering your opponents.

As long as you mean with Nintendo characters, then yeah, obviously. Actually probably 360 for the online. But, you know, that happens sometimes. Games appear on the wrong systems.

For me Smash was never about mastering moves, it was about getting my mates around and playing the game non stop while having a laugh.

For me Smash was never about mastering moves, it was about getting my mates around and playing the game non stop while having a laugh.

True true...Thats why I have high hopes for the wifi gameplay, 'specially after that Kyoto Vs Tokyo vid.

Though I do understand what Mcmad is saying...The gameplay is nothing new. Melee was magical at first but then after a while the gameplay just felt so mundane...I'm hoping that Brawls longevity, new character styles and wifi will not make this game go in the same path.

:nono:

There was never anything mundane about Melee. So many nights spent with friends playing solidly until 4am. Twas a glorious age.

QFT, and I still do it. That and F-Zero GX are my go to games whenever mates are round. Tis truly timeless. There is an gargantuan amount of depth to the fighting system, no to mention all the possible customisations...

I'm not really fussed for HD. Melee wasn't spectacular in the graphics department, and you don't really notice when you're caught up in frantic battles. However I agree with you about the Blu-Ray aspect, though this wouldn't be a problem if Nintendo released a hard drive and allowed actual downloadable content.

I have to say, I only stopped playing Melee when me and all my friends headed off for different colleges and universities. Once Brawl is released, I'm going to slip my uni mates some rohypnol and drag them round to my place if I have too.

Yeah i agree. Whether people play competitively or just casual, it's incredibly enjoyable.

The game will get some truly solid reviews imo (better than melee did I'm sure) but saying it will beat OoT is being optomistic.

I honestly don't see anyone giving this game any lower than 9.7, and that's pushing it.

I actually agree with what you're saying; but mundane is a bit of a strong word. The problem is that it's played so much so gets boring:heh:

I had about 2/3 periods of time like this; but got over them after a while.

Once Brawl is released, I'm going to slip my uni mates some rohypnol and drag them round to my place if I have too.

Im assuming you are gonna play Brawl with them, right? Right?

Ahh Melee. It's been our turn to game when we didn't feel like playing anything else.

Smash Bros isn't about mastering the characters though. Each on only has a set four moves after all. It's about mastering your opponents.

I agree. While each character has it's own unique features that may require a bit of practice, most of the time you can transfer your smash skills between characters.