NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be the best thing since sliced bread and will shift 50 million units worldwide, 100% GUARANTEED. [/solitanze]

Not in my mind. :D

Ah, good. Neither in mine.

And the updates only reaffirmed my certainty, with the Stage Builder. And the Assist Trophies. And the Coin Launcher. And Pokémon Trainer. And the SSE. And the Sticker Upgrades. And Sonic. And Olimar. And the "achievements". And Wi-Fi. And...

This game's scores will reach infinity.

Uh, aren't you going a little too hasty? I mean, if you expect ultra-perfection, you're definitely gonna be disappointed... Expect less, then you'll enjoy more. At least so I think.

Let's be patient, and then decide if this beats Mario Galaxy :heh:

I REALLY hope this comes out soon. Please March/Early April

i expect it should, at the most early may, but i think that's stretching it, it should come out as you said, late march early-mid april, a week or so after US, or maybe on the same day? hmm, anything's possible

People need to be more realistic with the dates. If NoE knew they were launching it within the next 3 or 4 months, we'd have a date or at least an estimate for that time. They didn't even estimate, or roughly guess, that it'd be out in Europe within the first 6 months of the year.

I know that Q1/Q2 release list wasn't "final" but it had several games that dont have dates at all listed as just "Q2". There's no guarantee they'll even be out in Q2 either. Why wouldn't Smash be there if they had a rough idea that they'd be releasing it in the first 2 quarters, even if it wasn't final?

I'm being realistic with myself, simply to save disappointment, and hoping for August at earliest.

I know that Q1/Q2 release list wasn't "final" but it had several games that dont have dates at all listed as just "Q2".

It was all Q1 dates apart from Mario Kart Wii which was randomly shoved on the end for no good reason.

I'd be very surprised if Brawl didn't permanently surpass OoT on GameRankings etc.

I would be surprised if SSBB even gets into the top 10

My god, I don't know if anyone has seen the latest update but that is incredible. I mean I never would have in a million years predicted he would add something like this, but there you go.

Sakurai says bugger all in Iwata Asks.

IWATA: "To protect the world from devastation, to unite all people within our nation, to denounce the evils of truth and love, to extend our reach to the stars above. IWATA! And... Sakurai. Team Nintendo blasting off at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight!"

SAKURAI: "Sakurai, that's right!"

I am certain this game will be the best game ever. But I doubt it won't come out before June. It just seems very unrealistic. It is weird that Nintendo has not yet announced a date for Europe, but it may very well be because they're not even certain about the US release yet. They've had to change it two times already.

Sakurai says bugger all in Iwata Asks.

IWATA: "To protect the world from devastation, to unite all people within our nation, to denounce the evils of truth and love, to extend our reach to the stars above. IWATA! And... Sakurai. Team Nintendo blasting off at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight!"

SAKURAI: "Sakurai, that's right!"

:bowdown::bowdown: So true :bowdown::bowdown:

Funny how all these recent videos coming from the Japanese demo are all being played on Smashville, the most boring, 'flat' stage of them all (until Final Destination is unlocked, that is..). I suppose I can understand proper tournaments being played on 'plain' stages, but what's the point if you're just having a bit of fun with the game before its release? Some people are taking this far too seriously. :p

I'll definitely be choosing the more interesting stages to play on the most when I have the game.

I am certain this game will be the best game ever. But I doubt it won't come out before June. It just seems very unrealistic. It is weird that Nintendo has not yet announced a date for Europe, but it may very well be because they're not even certain about the US release yet. They've had to change it two times already.

Best game EVER? What the hell...I swear people on these boards are acting like this game is the second coming of God.

I agree with Killer Kirby; this game would be lucky to get into the top 10 of GameRankings. It will certainly be the best £30 you will EVER spend in your lives but i doubt it's going to get perfect 10's across the board from every site. I mean, OoT got such great reviews because it was revolutionary, and so was Galaxy in that it was the return of the platformer. This game doesn't exactly change the formula; they're just giving you more for your money.

Funny how all these recent videos coming from the Japanese demo are all being played on Smashville, the most boring, 'flat' stage of them all (until Final Destination is unlocked, that is..). I suppose I can understand proper tournaments being played on 'plain' stages, but what's the point if you're just having a bit of fun with the game before its release? Some people are taking this far too seriously. :p

I'll definitely be choosing the more interesting stages to play on the most when I have the game.

It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the music. I want to hear some music besides Animal Crossing...

I mean, why play it like a tournament, if it's just 2-minute brawls with items?

There are a couple of fights on the eldin bridge too.

Its mainly because they are having to use Wii-motes and they are just trying to show characters moves and such; on a fast moving level with just Wiimotes I doubt they'd be able to do too much (2minutes isn't that long tbh).

Can I ask a question at the risk of sounding stupid? WHAT THE HELL IS FINAL DESTINATION!? Why are people talking about it? I just don't understand?

Best game EVER? What the hell...I swear people on these boards are acting like this game is the second coming of God.

IT IS!

I agree with Killer Kirby; this game would be lucky to get into the top 10 of GameRankings. It will certainly be the best £30 you will EVER spend in your lives but i doubt it's going to get perfect 10's across the board from every site. I mean, OoT got such great reviews because it was revolutionary, and so was Galaxy in that it was the return of the platformer. This game doesn't exactly change the formula; they're just giving you more for your money.

Jokes aside, my reason for saying this is that this game delivers what many fans want in pretty much every aspect of the game, even adding more exciting stuff when we think it couldn't get better. It's not at all revolutionary, and game critics and fans alike will be able to find critique points, but I believe this game will for many be the ultimate gaming experience, simply because it's so fan-oriented and hardcore in a time with many softcore games. It's also even easier for beginners to get into this game, proving that games can be both softcore and hardcore at the same time.

Can I ask a question at the risk of sounding stupid? WHAT THE HELL IS FINAL DESTINATION!? Why are people talking about it? I just don't understand?

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. :)

Final Destination is a completely flat level with no stage hazards whatsoever. It's a favourite among many tournament players because it offers the ultimate test of the players' skills without the random and tie-turning apearances of items (which of course will have to be turned off) and stage hazards.

The tournaments players (and many players in general) were worried that this level wouldn't be in Brawl, but recently it has been confirmed as the level appears in videos.

2 videos of the DOnkey and Diddy Kong part of SSE:

(No this isn't a pro :p)

Agreed, why would they release Brawl 3-4 months later when Twilight Princess' and Mario Galaxy's and Metroid Prime 3's release dates weren't even that far apart.

The tournaments players (and many players in general) were worried that this level wouldn't be in Brawl

Which is the stupidest thing ever since it would take nearly 10 seconds to create one with the stage editor.

Which is the stupidest thing ever since it would take nearly 10 seconds to create one with the stage editor.

Not picking sides, just stating facts. :p

I really think Brawl is going to rack up higher scores than Melee did. Melee was a very underappreciated game, and most media have seen that Melee's popularity is far larger than their appreciation of the game. That, and the fact that Brawl is going to be a far more complete package than Melee was, will probably give this game some very high scores.