NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I can foresee a few scores in the high 8s circling around. Brawl isn't going to appeal absolutely everyone. People who don't own Wiis mostly.

Melee is one of those games that you play non-stop for a few weeks, then you and your mates get bored of it a bit faster and don't play it for a little while. Then one day your bored, and say "Hey, lets play Smash Bros! Haven't play that for awhile" and then suddenly your playing every day again.

Im assuming you are gonna play Brawl with them, right? Right?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Agreed, why would they release Brawl 3-4 months later when Twilight Princess' and Mario Galaxy's and Metroid Prime 3's release dates weren't even that far apart.

Yeah....Nintendo of Europe have been getting better.

Because of how their system works (releasing about one "big" game a month), some dates can be a little streched (Excite Truck, Trauma Center) and also translation.

However, all the BIG games have effort put in to make sure they're released not too far appart from the US and Japan, other "B-rank" games are spread out to stop drought and stop them overshadowing each other.

I can foresee a few scores in the high 8s circling around. Brawl isn't going to appeal absolutely everyone. People who don't own Wiis mostly.

What excuse could the possible give for an 8?!

A character they wanted in didnt make the cut? Too samey as the last one? Stupid reason I know but you know what the gaming press is like.

I dunno. Maybe if Sakurai raped your mother or something.

I was quite surprised when reviewers gave Melee 8s. Their main complaint I believe was that the controls were too erratic and jumpy. What a load of bollocks.

When this game arrives im sure you would forgive him though.

I can but try.

I would offer him my mother if this game arrived soon.

Sakurai EARNED my mother.

Maybe we should all threaten to rape Sakurai's mother if he doesn't release in next month in Europe? :P

Sakurai EARNED my mother.

See, now I'm going to have two quotes of yours in my sig. Good job.

I honestly don't see anyone giving this game any lower than 9.7, and that's pushing it.

I have faith in people's stupidity.

And I say this without having even played the game, which completly reinforces my unbias(is that a word?)

I'd be surprised if this gets perfect scores, 9s sound about right. It just takes Melee and adds new features, stuff like that is always penalised.

I'd be surprised if this gets perfect scores, 9s sound about right. It just takes Melee and adds new features, stuff like that is always penalised.

In a way and I'm sure that this will happen, but it's still fucking stupid. I mean 98% of the games are just like that while this one adds a truckload of content, totally original characters that deviate completly from the norm (Olimar, Pokémon Trainer, Snake's Final Smash), great features, the best sound team ever, crossovers between Mario, Sonic and Snake, the Final Smash, Assist Trophies, adding a story mode. I mean they didn't just add a few things, they just blew the whole damn load. Unless people wanted this to be like, I don't know a FPS with VR or something.

But I'm sure a lot of reviewers will follow their train of thought. And I'm also sure they'll wake up one morning with a severed horse's head next to them.

The review community can be an odd lot. As much as I enjoyed the Halo 3 multiplayer and it's features, I still don't understand how what was overall a fairly temperamental package earned such ludicrously high praise.

Something to keep you guys entertained:

Kirby sings!

Fucking win!

Nope... found it on some random other place i've forgotten.

Something to keep you guys entertained:

Kirby sings!

That video is legend.