NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

It might have been discussed before but I was just reading about the Masterpieces.

'Masterpieces are called masterpieces for a good reason, and each of the well-loved characters here come from a past that is worthy of that title.'

Snake? An old Metal Gear game popping up on the VC would be cool.

It might have been discussed before but I was just reading about the Masterpieces.

'Masterpieces are called masterpieces for a good reason, and each of the well-loved characters here come from a past that is worthy of that title.'

I'm curious....I wonder if any non-VC games will have demos. Games such as:

Pokémon Red/Blue (GB)

WarioWare (GBA) or Wario Land (GB)

Pikmin (GC) (unlikely due to space)

I wonder why it's Super Metroid and not Metroid...

And they should put Mother 2 and Fire Emblem 3 demos in the US/European games. Part of the reason (according to Sakurai) is to show where the characters came from so there's no reason not to include them.

I am actually looking forward to the final roster being leaked. :yay: Its taking far too long!!! The only details I am going to make a conscious effort to not read about are key plot details of the Subspace Emissary...

Todays Update:

Vault

The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one.

various24_080128a-l.jpg

Here’s the top menu.

Let’s do a rough overview of the mode known as the Vault.

The Vault is where items you’ve collected or created in Brawl are stored. Objects you’ve received as rewards or downloaded usually appear here.

various24_080128b-l.jpg

This is the Vault menu!

Trophies & Stickers

various24_080128c-l.jpg

●Trophy Gallery

various24_080128d-l.jpg

Browse your collection of trophies here.

●Trophy Hoard

various24_080128e-l.jpg

Line up your trophies and take photos of them.

●Sticker Album

various24_080128f-l.jpg

View all of your stickers laid out neatly in an album.

●Sticker Center

various24_080128g-l.jpg

Enjoy arranging your stickers.

●Coin Launcher

various24_080128h-l.jpg

Fire off volleys of coins to snag new trophies and stickers!

Stage Builder

various24_080128i-l.jpg

You can create all sorts of stages here.

various24_080128j-l.jpg

Build stages like this one!

various24_080128k-l.jpg

And this one!

various24_080128l-l.jpg

If you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you might find something new waiting for you here.

Album

various24_080128m-l.jpg

Check out your best snapshots here. Go to this link for more details.

various24_080128n-l.jpg

All the shots you take can be found in the Album!

various24_080128o-l.jpg

It looks like you might have a new snapshot waiting as well.

Challenges

various24_080128p-l.jpg

Save up to 3 minutes of game play per replay.

Of course, you can record your brawls...

various24_080128r-l.jpg

And your Home-Run Contests!

various24_080128s-l.jpg

And your runs in Target Smash!!

various24_080128t-l.jpg

And your exploits in Multi-Man Brawl!

The power to record and send out brawl replays is in your hands. You can even zoom in for a close-up on individual characters while viewing replays.

Masterpieces

various24_080128u-l.jpg

Savor the "authentic" battles past for many famous characters through Virtual Console trial versions! Find out more here.

Chronicle

various24_080128v-l.jpg

This bonus feature lets you peruse Nintendo’s library of past titles. Missing titles in your Chronicle will gradually fill in as you obtain stickers and other things related to those games. (However, there are some titles that will not be displayed until the very end.)

Mm hmm... ...This is just nuts.

How on earth did we squeeze all these modes in here? I’ve clearly gone overboard with Brawl.

But still, it’s not like I want everyone to play through every single portion of the game. I think I’d rather you played small portions of the areas you find interesting a little at a time.

Whether you choose to go solo or play with friends, you’re covered, because Brawl is about playing the way you want to play.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/index.html

Also: Iwata Aks Vol.5 is now up:

mainimg.jpg

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol5_page1.jsp

Confirming no Animal Crossing playable character:

SAKURAI: The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies.

Confirming Wind Waker Link as a playable character:

SAKURAI: Right. The development for Smash Bros. Melee began soon after the GameCube was released and we had to design each character from scratch. This time, however, we were able to borrow characters from various development teams, which was a big help. Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles.

So the 35 roster will probably turn out true then.

I'd always suspected WW Link to replace Young Link, that was fairly given. His attack set is probably a little different too.

But for all we know, its not Cell shaded Link they included... but maybe Wind Waker Ganon? ;)

Not only that, but untill Thursday/Friday we aren't going to know for sure who is in or not.

Confirming Wind Waker Link as a playable character:

That does not confirm anything. The question Iwata is asking is:

So that’s why you try so hard. Although it’s simply a case of modeling the trophies, you have to design them in a way that fans will be happy with. This must take lots of effort.

That could just as easily make him an assist trophy or even a collectable trophy.

Here is an Youtube account with all the videos seen on Iwata Asks.

Wooo! Norris from EBA (Norris, right? Derek is the other guy) and Sheeda from FE1/3/DS!

Also, Animal Crosser deconfirmed and Jeff from Earthbound is an AT!

Man, too much information about collectables...

Oh, and the interview definately doesn't confirm WW Link, as much as I want him in.

So the 35 roster will probably turn out true then.

If the Animal Crosser isn't in then ROB certainly won't be in.

300ft of swimming? :huh:

You can swim in stages like Delfino now, but only for a short time. You'd have to swim 300ft in stages like that during your fights.

If the Animal Crosser isn't in then ROB certainly won't be in.

You're right about that, and if this interview doesn't confirm Wind Waker Link like the above people (seeing as Tingle showed up in the video after that question) posted that means we still don't know anything.

Indeed, swimming, interesting. Sakurai, have my babies.

I wonder if there will be more water levels as it's now a feature in the game. Like a Wind Waker one.

I wish they would just release the damn game now! :D

Europe still not knowing a date is criminal, seriously.

If you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you might find something new waiting for you here.

AWESOMEvDownloadable charaters over wifi confirmed

Just a small note of interest from the update

The Japanese Dates seem to have more specific dates and it also features Diskun

various24_080128v-l.jpg

Can anyone identify the bottom right game from the Japanese screenshot?

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (or Fire Emblem 3).

Also, Sheena from FE3 is a sticker so i dunno if that implies Marth's return or not.

Can anyone identify the bottom right game from the Japanese screenshot?

Fire Emblem. The third on I think.