N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly didn't expect a new character today. So this probably means Ness isn't in this time? Although the place of the Mother icon (in between all of the returning character's icons) + a hint at Ness in this update could mean otherwise. I didn't like Ness anyway and Lucas seems to have some similar attacks.

Lucas looks....dull. I don't like him. Not Ness either.
I agree, there's just something about him I don't like (especially compared to Ness), I think it's the short blonde hair just making him look dull and like a normal person almost.

Ness was cool with the black hair and baseball cap!

I have a feeling he has replaced Ness which is a real shame! If not then this new guy would basically a clone, which they supposedly don't want this time around!

BOOOOOOOOOOOO! bring back Ness!

lucas_071001d-l.jpg

The "Whoa! What's that behind you?!" move, classic :laughing:

Hope that move doesn't work on a Zelda character...But then again, Ganondorf did fall for thee ole fishing hook trick...And whoa, look at the denim on those jeans, is that Levis? ;P

I'm looking forward to see his psycic (damn, I can never spell that word) abilities.

i was windering. Will they have the kick ass arena entrences like they did in the 64 version, or will they stick with the boring old appearing out of thin air on a glowing platform? .....

if its the 64 entrences i'll be crapping my pants with excitment

I asked that earlier on in the thread :heh:

Woohoo! Japan-only characters for the win! Even if it is a relatively recent one! That's how we got Fire Emblem (my third favorite Nintendo series).

And I love his design! I wouldn't mind if Ness was replaced by this guy. I never liked him to begin with, but I kinda like Lucas.

God this makes me want to play MOTHER 3.

(Note to self: Play MOTHER 3 before SSBB. Melee would've spoiled me if I hadn't seen Sheik's identity in OoT. And I heard MOTHER 3 has huge spoilers.)

Todays update is about Snake and his battle stage: Shadow Moses Island!

snake_071002a.jpg

Shadow Moses Island

This stage recreates the structure in front of the helipad on Shadow Moses Island.

stage13_071002a-l.jpg

High walls on the left and right?!

Walls tower over the stage on the left and right, giving it a caged death-match feel.

stage13_071002b-l.jpg

The searchlight spots someone, and the"!" icon appears!

You can destroy the walls on the left and right with attacks. Those who aren’t skilled at launching foes upward may want to be proactive about attacking them.

stage13_071002c-l.jpg

The walls come tumbling down.

Oh, and occasionally a Metal Gear will appear from the background.

stage13_071002d-l.jpg

Metal Gear REX!

stage13_071002e-l.jpg

Metal Gear RAY!

Apparently one other kind appears, too. It’s supposedly a slightly newer model.

On this stage, Snake communicates with his team to learn the key characteristics of his rivals... Whoa... Seriously?

We’ve intercepted some of these communications and we’re delivering those to you now.

stage13_071002f.jpg

stage13_071002g.jpg

stage13_071002h.jpg

Todays update is awesome! One thing though...on the American and Japanese sections of the site, their are 3 extra movies of Snake talking to Octacon,Mei Ling and Col Cambel via codec...but its not on the UK section.

mmm wonder why that is? i dont think they just forgot to put it on the uk / ireland section?

Maybe they have not translated the movies for the other European countrys yet so have not put them up yet.

There's so many things I like about todays update, the stage itself looks great, Metal gears smashing through the stage while you battle and not just Rex...Ray and probably a new metal gear from MGS4 too.

The Codec screens are funny too...I love the Octacon movie where he's explaing Yoshi to Snake.