NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

If a game isn't challenging to master, then that isn't very fun now is it?

no, but it should be easy to get good at, mastering it takes time. but like i said, being good at a game shouldent be reserved for people who spend their lives on it.

Somehow, after Mario Football (connection cutting roughly every two games), I can't really see myself enjoying online play as much as I could unless Nintendo fixes something with the wifi connection.

For me, the biggest problems are the same problems that any online game has. It's just worse on the Wii because Nintendo's style is to have "hidden" tactics, which makes single and multiplayer more fun. And they should never change that.

PETEY!!!!! :shock:!!!

Meta Knight isn't gonna be linked to The Ancient Minister, appart from being a fellow Villain, like Petey...and ROB?:wtf:

Notice that The Ancient Minister has no HANDS!!!

With Petey there it's fairly certain, Ridley will make an appearance, and hopefully Dedede too.

With Petey there it's fairly certain, Ridley will make an appearance, and hopefully Dedede too.

I think many villains will show their faces in this mode. The good guy versus bad guy seems to be the main plot point (dividing the world in two halves).

I really hope the cannonballl threw at Mario's face is Kaptain K.Rool one (and he is playable).

EDIT: Shit! By pausing the movie, we can see that is Petey's cannonball.

Subspace emissary is exactly the thing I wanted for Smash bros.

no, but it should be easy to get good at, mastering it takes time. but like i said, being good at a game shouldent be reserved for people who spend their lives on it.

Since when was grappling onto the side of the stage with Link that hard anyway?

Hellfire > OK, let's say I'm crazy. Now, if you'll explain to me WHY you think I'm crazy? ;)

Marthuser > I don't think it'll be too easy. Like Demuwan, I'm confident Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Zell > Well, I found it particularly hard to time it right.

Today's update > I nearly wet myself - again. It happens every time they reveal something about The Subspace Emissary. This game is gonna be SO great.

Since when was grappling onto the side of the stage with Link that hard anyway?

since it had to be so well lined up and had a patheticly short range. the homing grapple is a nice touch, it just makes it a little easier to get back on. i mean, lets face it, if you7 could already do it, huzzar for you, if your one of the people who found it difficult (like me) its just giving you the option.

Hellfire > OK, let's say I'm crazy. Now, if you'll explain to me WHY you think I'm crazy? ;)

Cause the grappling hook rocked! :P

Also, King if your connection times out often, you should get a new router, I never had any problem.

Do you think online play will be a definate?

Somehow, after Mario Football (connection cutting roughly every two games), I can't really see myself enjoying online play as much as I could unless Nintendo fixes something with the wifi connection.

I agree somewhat, I think a lot of people will complain if there is a lot of lag in SSBB. Hopefully it won't be too bad if you're in the same country.

Ok how the bloody hell can anyone call Links grapple hard to use?

It's pathetically easy to get to grips with. I could use it back when i was a noob at the game and i knew how to do it soon after using Link. It's only hard to use when you're too close to the edge of the stage, and even then you can AIir-dodge first and then quickly grapple. That said, if you haven't realised by now that air-dodging before you grapple is better then well you really must be slow.

since it had to be so well lined up and had a patheticly short range. the homing grapple is a nice touch, it just makes it a little easier to get back on. i mean, lets face it, if you7 could already do it, huzzar for you, if your one of the people who found it difficult (like me) its just giving you the option.

It didn't have to be that well lined up, it just had to make sure you weren't above the ledge. Oh and like Goron said, if you airdodge first its a lot easier to time.

You know who the Ancient Minister reminds me of?

[ATTACH]1402[/ATTACH]

Yeah, I know. Crazy perspective, but both guys fly, both guys have bright, pupilless eyes...

Seriously, though, I think that the Minister is actually a known character in disguise. Not necessarily a villain. Maybe a 3rd party? Or maybe Fawful himself?:heh: Definetely not Metaknight, though.

Do you think online play will be a definate?

mate i really don't think it's a definate in fact as time goes on i'm beginning to think it won't exist Which would make a lot of fans angry.

mate i really don't think it's a definate in fact as time goes on i'm beginning to think it won't exist Which would make a lot of fans angry.

...I kind of feel the same way. Especially since it seems they're going all out to ram pack this game. Though Mario Strikers came out fairly quickly and I am satisfied with its simple yet straight to the point ranking system.

If theres no online, I'll be pi$$ed for sure...I mean what would be the point in adding all these characters?

i think there wont be online in it anymore or they will have to reveal it on one of the Gameshows

they can at least put in a one on one vs play online with options like tournament mode there has to be at least a online battle mode in it

I think many villains will show their faces in this mode. The good guy versus bad guy seems to be the main plot point (dividing the world in two halves).

I really hope the cannonballl threw at Mario's face is Kaptain K.Rool one (and he is playable).

EDIT: Shit! By pausing the movie, we can see that is Petey's cannonball.

Subspace emissary is exactly the thing I wanted for Smash bros.

Surely K.Rool will be making an appearace if Petey does:smile: Otherwise it's madness.

It's kinda weird that the bad guys seem to use Meta Knights ship mainly so far....What about Bowser's? that'd be good to see too.

So which side will bowser be on, we know he's playable (along with meta knight) so at least a few of the bad guys will be. However, if paper Mario has taught me anything, bowser usually forgets all about Mario and even helps him defeat someone who dares to kidnap the princess/take his castle/be generally meaner than him.

Getting 'good' at melee wasn't all that hard. Mastering it, however, took a LOT longer. Shouldn't it stay that way?

Also, I don't think online is a good thing. The lag alone would kill the game.