N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the trailer. I wish they'd revealed more new characters, though. Most of the levels have got a great look, especially the Yoshi's Island one, but the actual layout of the levels could be better -there seemed to be quite a few that were just a long bottom platform and a few shorter platforms above it, like the Fountain of Dreams in SSBM.

well it'll be similiar to the f-zero stage in the previous game, I really want to know the percentage complete in this particular game, I want to know who from nintendos characters who wil be included. I reckon they could/might put in around 50 characters imagine the tourneys hopefully this will mean we can decide basically who the greatest character of all time is

Most of the levels have got a great look, especially the Yoshi's Island one, but the actual layout of the levels could be better -there seemed to be quite a few that were just a long bottom platform and a few shorter platforms above it, like the Fountain of Dreams in SSBM.

I thought that too. It has me worried. Also does the lack of Samus in a suit piont to Mega man being in the game. Also no one has mention the space level. It seems to be samus'. I suprised by how good it looks, not that I'm really bothered mind.

Plus I'm loving the Fox design. I want a new character to be shown every week.

I'm quite sure in the early days.. when it was still called Revolution that the creator said that all the old characters will be back from Melee, with a few special guests.

Personally I thought there were a few unbalanced characters and rubbish ones like Mr. Game and Watch.. but heritage is heritage.

I am not worried about the line-up, levels.. character design, Snake having explosives, Sonic or the logo anymore.

I am merely worried about the online play- news on this would be nice.

Also a story mode would be a silly waste of time.. the game doesn't make sense enough as it is.. let it just be.

I am merely worried about the online play- news on this would be nice.

You mean apart from the fact that online for SSBB is confirmed?

Also a story mode would be a silly waste of time.. the game doesn't make sense enough as it is.. let it just be.

All the more reason for a crazy story mode.

Wow that trailer was well good! and about the fox thing:

-In melee, fox was deigned to look simple as he is a VERY fast character, and is the only character than, when mastered, would be able to kill most characters instantly. Now, for this game, the pace of the game is supposed to be 'between melee and smash 64', and i'm guessing that HAL wanted to give fox a new look and probably would make to want him a bit slower. Also, the new look means we could well see fox have a new moveset, probably to suit his new look.

Also, why are samus' breasts so....you know....

Edit: Wait a sec...on the level that looks like a new FoD (the new Pit level), there were destructable environments!

You mean apart from the fact that online for SSBB is confirmed?

All the more reason for a crazy story mode.

I know it's confirmed.. but I'd like to know how it's going to work.. how many players, in general NintendoConnect24 is a bit of a black horse right now.

It exists but it could be as bad as the DS.

With regard to the story mode.. that kinda makes some twisted sense, they would need to go all out.

eg. Princess is stolen, Bowser runs through different worlds of the Nintendo universe and Mario has to trail them or something with different battles in each world.

wow i just noticed some very interesting things that will be loved by hardcore smash fans...

1. Short hopping is still in the game!

2. It appears at the end that fox jump-cancels out of his shine!

3. At 2:10 Wario wavelands (as he is still in his normal animation) before performing his dash-attack.

4. L-cancelling appears to still be in the game (as it was on n64+melee). Wario performs the same air move TWICE, yet one time, it has VERY little lag whilst the other does.

5. Rolling is very quick.

6. And finally, this trailer seems to be much like the original Melee trailer, where not everything has been added as the final DI isn't yet in the game (as it wasn't with Melee early on).

Thankgod the competitive things about Melee are still in. This will truly be Nintendos first competitive online game, and should rival Halo 3 pretty well :D

Except halo doesn't really take very much skill compared to Melee :heh:

Anyway, awesome that all that stuff is still in, I was kinda worried there for a while, but now theres no doubt about it, those techniques were purposely put in the game.

Can't wait to pwn some n00b ass online man...

Off topic...I would love if they made Street Fighter 2 (which is out in japan on launch for the virtual console :angry:) was online too...

Guest Stefkov

the new trailer is awesome. Destructable environments are great news.

Fox yay, he was bound to be there. Why does he keep hopping around, it doesnt seem right.