Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

It isn't. The critic's award probably goes to Bioshock or Mass Effect.

I just read how much Halo 3 cost to produce, and was surprised how cheap it was, considering how much is sold (it cost $15M to make).

It's got me wondering how much SMG cost to produce. Does anyone know?

Unlikely we would ever be told, Nintendo don't tend to boast how much a game cost to make....

How would you know?

Just, curiously - I dont see how anyone could even guess.

Thinking about it sensibly, Nintendo always do things on the cheap and are notorious for it. Nothing about this game really comes across as "huge budget" either, it's big on ideas and creativity, that's what fueled the design and progress, not simply pumping more money and staff into the project.

Nintendo Tokyo's been quoted to have said they were afraid to orchestrate the music, as it might've cost too much. Goes to show that the budget was really quite small. I'd say 5 million is a generous guess even.

Mario Galaxy is not a game that gets value out of its production value, except maybe the orchestrated music. The game is made out of good ideas, which is far more economical.

Some the Purple comets are easy and take time. others just really hard/annoying -like the Luigis Purple coins and the Desert one (2 stars left)

I loved the Luigi Purple Coins one, a great challenge indeed, all the rotating panels and vanishing ones, was fine till when you get the 100th coin and realize the star appears back at the start... man that was a rush risking life and limb with long jumps and such, i made it to the star with 1 second to spare, awesome stuff

Ive just managed to get my 5th Grand Star, 58 Stars now. Im really enjoying this game. It's so much more fun than SM64 and SMS combined! And that's saying a lot.

Playing this game is like being a little kid again, always wondering what kinda fun will be thrown at you. So far Im enjoying every single level, especially the desert levels. There's one planet that has a speedy quick sand in which you collect five blue shards. That one feels so much like an F-Zero track, awesome!

I find myself playing with the gravity planets a lot. It's really crazy. I managed to long jump around a planet for more than full circle, like a few seconds without touching ground. That was so fun :D

A few more galaxies to go. Im intending to get every single star before i head for the final showdown, otherwise i may lose interest in it like i did in SMS.

A few more galaxies to go. Im intending to get every single star before i head for the final showdown, otherwise i may lose interest in it like i did in SMS.

I got every star possible before the grand showdown apart from

x1 Daredevil Comet on Molten Galaxy

x1 Loopdeswoop Galaxy

x1 Bunnies in the snow

I was a little bit annoyed you couldn't actually get all the stars before facing bowser.

I have a thing about collecting everything possible before finishing a game. I didn't attempt the last bowser in mario64 before getting 119 stars (since one of the stars was a red coin one in the last confrontation), and that took me 2 years to complete!

121 star get for me.. wuhuu.. yes, luigis purple coin thingie was tough.. in the end i watched a bloke do it on youtube, got som pointers from that and did it without too many tries.. ha ha the only galaxy that totally annoyed me was the slingshot.. i just couldnt line them up, i kept missing and missing the target at the third slingshot.. grrr.. and if i ever see luigi or mario in i a "spring" again it will be 2000 years too soon

Only read if you've gotten all the stars and completed the game at least once... and are up to at least 30 stars on a second playthrough.

Is it just me or does the Luigi game mode feel a little lazy?

I mean, sure you play as Luigi, but what sence does it make that only a few people acknowledge that you are Luigi? and why the hell are there two Luigis? would it have really been that difficult to swap the one in the mansion with Mario? I know its bonus content, but I just feel they should have added a little bit more so it doesn't feel as tacked on as it does.

Oh but major <3 for the meteor races, so much more challenging, love em!

Just got 120 stars, loved every second of this game! Best Mario to date I'd say! Game of '07 for me too, beating even MP3 and I LOVED that game!

The purple coin challenges were awesome, my favs being Luigi's purple coins and the Dreadnaught's. Brilliant!

Can't wait to start as you know who!

Only read if you've gotten all the stars and completed the game at least once... and are up to at least 30 stars on a second playthrough.

Is it just me or does the Luigi game mode feel a little lazy?

I mean, sure you play as Luigi, but what sence does it make that only a few people acknowledge that you are Luigi? and why the hell are there two Luigis? would it have really been that difficult to swap the one in the mansion with Mario? I know its bonus content, but I just feel they should have added a little bit more so it doesn't feel as tacked on as it does.

Oh but major <3 for the meteor races, so much more challenging, love em!

Was just thinking the same thing earlier, I was sure that Luigi's role in the first playthrough would be replaced by Mario in the second. At first I thought it was going to be really lazy, but they changed the text at least so the other Luigi identifies that he's talking to himself, so that's something I guess!

Quick question, does your Wii make a low buzzing noise after a little while when playing Galaxy? It seems to for mine but it plays fine on other games.

I am on 51 stars now :) I just completed my first Daredevil comet star which was on Battlerock Galaxy I think. It was very good.

I NEED the purple comet musics! :(

It's around, found it on Limewire by searching for purple coins. Amazing tune!

My favourite though, well I have two really, is the Battlerock music and the Gusty Garden music. The music in this game is unreal, really adds to the overall quality.

I completed it last night with 120 Stars. I love the final battle with Bowser, so much fun. Now I'm going to replay again to get another 120 stars. I was expecting a picture on my Wii message board but I didn't get one :(

you get that when you complete the game the second time.. with fella in green