N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

I'm not completely suprised by the UK sales! I would have liked Mario Galaxy to be at the top as it is the best game and deserves to be number 1!!! :grin:

but i know many a man who has bought Assassins Creed instead of Mario...

The Fools!

I pity them.

But Assassin's Creed did better in those two days which is a bit of a bummer.

AC's numbers were for the whole week, while SMGs were for those days. There's no telling which did better in those 2 days. Wouldnt be surprised if it was AC though

My Guessing is that Wii shortages are going to stall SMG sales for quite a while?

UK sales charts never make any sense to me anyway, I swear Wii games always sell really low or something. Chances are it's sales will peak a few weeks before Christmas anyway.

Hmmm.

How does that work out tho when there are still X million Wii's out there?

I pity them.

AC's numbers were for the whole week, while SMGs were for those days. There's no telling which did better in those 2 days. Wouldnt be surprised if it was AC though

‘Assassin’s Creed’ was released on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with Microsoft’s format claiming 67% of sales and becoming the second fastest selling new IP on an individual format behind ‘The Getaway’ on PS2 (launched December 2002), as well as the 3rd fastest selling Xbox 360 game within a weekly sales period, behind ‘Halo 3’ and ‘COD 4’.

Assassins Creed is actually very good!

I expected Mario Galaxy to be No.2 though, but COD4 is also a excellent game...

How many did Galaxy sell in 2 days?

It was up against some stiff competition, it deserved number 1 overall me thinks, but hey! Number 3 ain't bad at all!

Been playing it somemore, got myself 15 stars now. Liking some of the music(and the hints of old songs), and I think it's brilliantly beautfiul colourwise. I played it on my mate's massive TV through his component cable yesterday, and worried my regular old CRT wouldn't be as good, but it's all so vibrant and colourful! It's probably even better cos the edges aren't as sharp so they don't look too rough. I am rather impressed by it all, better than my first few hours on sunshine.

Assassins Creed is actually very good!

I expected Mario Galaxy to be No.2 though, but COD4 is also a excellent game...

How many did Galaxy sell in 2 days?

It was up against some stiff competition, it deserved number 1 overall me thinks, but hey! Number 3 ain't bad at all!

Nintendo occupy the next two spots in the All Formats Chart as new entry ‘Super Mario Galaxy’ beats Zelda to become the fastest selling Wii game, debuting at No5 ahead of ‘Dr Kawaskima’s Brain Training’ which is a non-mover at No6 despite a healthy 62% rise in sales.

How does that work out tho when there are still X million Wii's out there?

I know alot of people who said "I'll buy a Wii when SMG comes out". Now that it's out, they can't get it. My friend is a primary example :shakehead .

Obviously you'd still except alot of hefty sales, but it's bound to have an impact. Much like parents who are putting the game away for their kids at Christmas, or console owners who are just waiting till Christmas anyway.

That is very, very disappointing, fukcing assasins creed! What is happening.....This game is the greatest game I have ever played!! This is actually depressing and makes you look at the state of play!! How come Assasins creed was released the same week but people think it's more than two days worth of sales?

I really want mario to be one of the best selling games of all time and in Japan and UK it hasn't had the best of starts has it?!

Anyways, back to the game, it is depressing thinking it's going to end and I;ve seen all the worlds, it's pretty much perfect, the only thinkg that annoys me are

Super Mario Galaxy has sold 70000 in it's first week's release in the UK (or 2 days), making it the fastest selling Wii game in history, outpacing Twilight Princess's debut of 68000 units.

Source is starting to spread around the internet, bound to come up sooner or later. For now you can just take my word for it :).

Great sales figures though, and for anyone interested:

Assassins Creed sells around 135,000 on Xbox360 and 65,000 on PS3 for 200,000 total sales

Call of Duty 4 sells an amazing 120,000 in week 2 (290,000 total) on 360 and a total of 185,000 across all formats

Super Mario Galaxy sells 70,000 this week with the biggest Wii debut on record, beating Twilight Princess's 68,000 launch.

Brain Training sells 68,000 this week with massive DS sales all round.

Any fears that I had yesterday about this games longevity were quashed earlier today.

A five hour play session yielded a rather paltry 12 stars (incl at least one that took numerous attempts) , I am now up to 96 and I also now realise that those remaining 24 are going to be a bit tough especially as there are 1 or 2 that I keep failing at.

This has actually further improved my already ecstatic opinions on this title and it could very well become my most favourite game ever.

I've now got about 54 stars. Loved every minute of it so far. Stopped myself playing after a couple of hours. I really don't want to rush through the game.

This is still one of the must fun and enjoyable gaming experience I've had in a long time. Camera can be slightly annoying sometimes, but that's my only complaint.

‘Assassin’s Creed’ was released on both Xbox 360 and PS3 with Microsoft’s format claiming 67% of sales and becoming the second fastest selling new IP on an individual format behind ‘The Getaway’ on PS2 (launched December 2002), as well as the 3rd fastest selling Xbox 360 game within a weekly sales period, behind ‘Halo 3’ and ‘COD 4’.

I'm sorry but how does that contradict what I'm saying. And I forgot the fact that it's also on 2 platforms.

Ok I got 60 stars now and can go to the final boss, but i'm gonna leave that for tomorrow.

This is prolly a stupid question though but i wanna be sure, if I go and beat the final boss does the game ask you to save? If so does it effect your save file when you continue, like does anything happen?

I actually found a few "hidden" stars today by mistake, I love it when that happens, bloody great feeling.

Still smiling as i play this game, the looks, the sounds, the music, the gameplay... the all round fun, it's like a duracell bunny, keeps going and going.

God Bless Nintendo, everyone :heh:

Just found the red star flying Mario power up too, bloody fantastic, i thought the wing cap in Mario 64 was great, but something about this one just feels better. Just wish they put a cape on him alá Super Mario World, now that would have been epic.

Oh and can anyone tell me, does that power up appear in any of the levels? I've found it in the hub after you get the 100 purple coins, but i'd like to use in some levels too

This is prolly a stupid question though but i wanna be sure, if I go and beat the final boss does the game ask you to save? If so does it effect your save file when you continue, like does anything happen?

Remember, in real life:

When a star dies a new one is born and thus a new Galaxy is born. That would be pretty exciting I reckon.

Assassin's Creed was the exact number of days as Galaxy, it released on Friday.

I guess the redeeming factor with the sales is that it probably would've been first if there wasn't so many big hitters and multiplatform titles out around now (in the overall UK charts the Simpsons game is also above Galaxy but it has like a million versions I guess).

I just hope it keeps up consistent sales. Prime 3 is out of the charts already and dropping like a fly from the charts was a common event with Gamecube games and has been for every non-casual Wii game.

Does anyone else get slightly disappointed when they rech a level for the first time and find it's a 'normal' Mario 64-style level, like the Honeybee one, rather than lots of little planets, like the Good Egg one? The larger levels just don't seem that original after playing some of the new style levels, even if they are better than anything in Sunshine.

I like the mix of the different ones.

I do too, I just definitely prefer the new-style levels, and out of the old-style ones I've seen so far, they just don't seem to have the charm of, say, Bob-omb's Battlefield or Tall, Tall Mountain from Mario 64.