Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got round to playing this, and this is without any doubt on my mind my favourite Metroid-episode yet! I don't know why people complain about the graphics. They are pure eyecandy, and I own a Xbox360 and PS3. The framerate is smoothysmooth and the effects (bloom, blur, etc.) exquisite. It may not have the polygons, HD or effects of, say, Halo 3 or Heavenly Sword, but I think Metroid Prime wins in the visual departement. Not that they are bad looking games, far from it, but Halo's look is too generic IMO and HS's exchange of textures & polygons for frames per second is a bad deal in my book. No, it really is a great looking game.

Indeed, the advanced-setting is the way to go. It takes some getting used to (could make up my mind: B - jump & A - shoot or vice versa), but it works like a charm.

Truely a masterpiece!

Lock on system is awful

In what way? If you don't like the MP3 style lock-on you can choose to have the MP-style lock-on.

[*]It really did feel like I was playing Hunters at times, with the whole "only one way/route to go" stuff.

Have you got the hint system on? I'm finding MP3 to have much more freedom than the other two.

Edit: I'm using the standard aiming setting. I prefer having a bounding box.

I'm finding MP3 to have much more freedom than the other two.

My sentiments exactly, though I'm not really that far in the game yet (near the 'end' of Bryyo). There is still a lot room for exploring, even though I found it to be harder to find secrets. They seem to be better hidden in MP3. Well, either that or my skillz are deteriorating. :heh:

And yes, the lock-on takes some getting used to in the free-aim-mode. Guess I'm used to that when I lock-on and shoot, it's a hit. It's weird you have to allign your crosshair, but once you've got it nailed, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. So much that, not unlike other Wii-games, it's hard to go back to Metroid Prime 1 & 2.

Yeah, once you get to Elysia, the feeling of freedom does become more apparent, I'm finding. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to get there, because Bryyo really felt linear. I've not got the hint system on, either, but I'm still getting messages popping up all the time from that computer telling me where I should try looking next.

Advanced setting, B = shoot - A = jump.

I find that I only really use the lock-on / free aim when fighting one enemy... if I'm fighting a group I'd usually just aim without the lock-on.

Just landed on Elysia... can't wait to get home from work and get onto this, didn't get much play time this weekend, orders from the Mrs! lol

The trick is not to die at all! Still, it's great that you are enjoying it.

yeah I know.. "be less crap".. but I don't mind dying at this boss as you start right at the fight again..and not somewhere "far away" and you then have to make your way down to the boss again.. boy I HATE games that do that

And I will get him.. eventually

I don't see a problem with the lock on. I guess people actually want it to just not move at all when you lock on. I personally found it handy for bosses and big groups of enemies. It helps to circle around them and pop at multiply locations of the body, especially on a certain boss, it's godsend.

Well.

On Friday night i started the game again, i played alot of it and as of Sunday morning i had killed the second leviathan.

Wow, this game is awesome. Its gotten so frantic and fun, stupidly fun even. I replaced the batteries in my Wii mote, moved the sensor bar on top of my TV and its helped alot. Constantly pointing at the screen can cause some pain in the wrist after a while, but leaning back and playing the game relaxed does help alot.

I gotta say, this is my favourite Prime yet. Especially:

[spoiler=:D!]

Especially! The snow level bit where you get the screw attack. Man that took me back.

After reading or else you will DIE's Pros and Cons i thought id post some as well.

Pros

Controls are great.

Great use of Wiimote at times.

Using the ship to travel is ace.

Buying stuff is a fantastic idea.

Some good tunes.

Cons

Still Doesnt push the Wii's graphics at all.

The ending was very chessey.

Voice acting was Horrible.

No proper Snow planet.

A word of warning, if other people make accounts on your game, they can accidentally accept vouchers from your friends! Then they're lost forever! I had a few sent to me over the weekend and during that time I was away. My flatmate made a game on MP3 and accepted my friend vouchers. Lame! Not his fault but very stupid nonetheless.

(If anyone wants to share vouchers with me out of pity I'd be grateful.)

Btw I can't believe people complain about lockon. It was actually my biggest issue on the first two games. Who wants the aim to be automatic? All you have to do to hit is line up the cursor with the locked on target until it goes red then fire. It takes skill, and even more skill to hit with a charged blast. I love it :D

Played for about 3hrs and 30mins just now and I've just stopped for a break. I'm now at the Bryyo Seed. Totally in love with this game. It's freakin awesome!

I wasn't sure if I would like this better than Metroid Prime (which was probably my fav game on the GameCube) but so far I'm finding it alot more fun. The controls make the game so much fun. Lock-on can be a tad troublesome as it sometimes refuses to lock-on to enemies. But I'm trying not to use lock-on so much.

Using the grapple beam is still so cool!

Finished it yesterday. Veteran 100% 15 hours. not half bad. By far the easiest Metroid to get 100% collectables. Also I might even get 100% scans (something I've not managed before) eventually because your scan list continues over to the next game (genius).

I Might have another run though later in the year on a slightly harder setting.