Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't comparing it to Halo 3, just saying its difficult to be impressed after playing it. And it's not just H3... Bioshock, skate., anything I've been playing lately. This game just doesn't look modern.

It's still a great game don't get me wrong....

Hows everyone liking it so far?

I hope people agreed with my (much) earlier impressions and i didn't help over-hype them or something!

I still believe this metroid lives up to all expectations!

Though, i'm not using any walkthroughs and it gets extremely complicated early on and still is almost half-way through!

I haven't actually finished it yet, because i haven't got alot of time, but i don't mind as i LOVE it!

I actually hate completing games this good! So i pro-long them! :D

Cool, i was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure if they put them out at midnight or not.
Well they didn't have strikers out but they got my copy from out of storeroom so you should be fine!

I like MP3s graphics alot. It's a bit better than Prime 2s and little details like Varia suit look a bit more realistic.

But to be honest I have said "Wow" at a couple of points in the game so far.

And I love the music! I want the OST already.

I'll go one better heres the link to get all 3 OST's.

*Edit by RedShell*

No you won’t. :wink:

OK, how cool is the…

…Phazon Enhancment Device!

Seriously awesome bit of kit, love the visual effect when you enter Hyper Mode. :awesome:

The graphics in the game are outstanding. Some incredible textures and lighting, cool motion blur effects, huge environments, and it all runs so smoothly. No online media (or that preview channel) can prepare you for just how good it looks in the flesh, especially on a nice TV running in progressive scan.

Easily the best game so far to back up Iwata’s “you will say wow” comment. :heh:

The soundtrack has actually bugged me :/ The opening music was great and all, but a few levels in, when I was on Bryyo (I think it was called) there was an 'epic' style deep chorus that seemed to be trying to echo Halo but instead became irritating and repetitive.
Yeah that tune on Bryyo started to annoy me after a while too, it just seems to loop too quickly.

I have been spending alot of time in the 1st level just scanning stuff and getting some Friend Vouchers and various coloured credits. Took me a while to get 20 on the mini game on the 1st level but it was worth it :)
Have you activated Connect 24 mode? You're not showing up as a MP3 owner on my roster. :hmm:

If I go to the store where I pre ordered tomorrow and they don't have it... oh boy, I'd hate to be them.

Which store was that? In Portugal they hardly ever get games on launch day. I had to go buy SPM to Spain 5 days after release. I wish I'd get MP3 tomorrow, but I'm not too hopeful. Maybe I'll go to Spain again this weekend.

Which store was that? In Portugal they hardly ever get games on launch day. I had to go buy SPM to Spain 5 days after release. I wish I'd get MP3 tomorrow, but I'm not too hopeful. Maybe I'll go to Spain again this weekend.

El Corte Ingles. Just because they give a Metroid T.Shirt for those who pre ordered and they usually get them on time :P

Impressions:

Okay, just a warning first off i'm incredibly tired so this might be the reason for all this.

Yet another game that fails to impress me, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is just pushing the boundries of medicority yet again.

The graphics are underwhelming with bad models, poor textures, jaggies fucking everywhere and no true widescreen support. The music borders on the annoying in some areas which is stupid considering how fantastic Prime 1's score was.

Controls are just daft, the button placement in this game is just shit. Seriously. Why the hell, when a message come up do i have to press the 1 button to skip through the text/speech? Its such a hard to reach button! The visor selector is useless, its slower than your normal speed and annoying to manage. Not to mention my thumb is killing after an hours play due to repeated hitting of the A button and the jump/fire switch just confused me further. The morph ball jump, basically works when it wants to and you have to put so much force into making the damn nunchuk grapple work that my other wrist kills. Give me back my GameCube pad, right now.

The level design is... alright i guess. I'm on the second section of the second planet and its nothing on Prime 1. The first level feels stripped from another FPS that came out recently only done poorly and for some reason the game feels ultra clostrophobic.

It also doesn't help that for some reason i started on Vet difficulty. Which was a daft idea, since i kept dying on the boss battles. I deleted my save and i'm starting again tomorrow, hopefully less tired and i'll do a Prime 1 and end up loving it the second time around. I damn well hope so, i've been looking forward to this game for so long and its a huge disappointment.

Like i say, i'm really tired. That could be the reason for all this, so please let me have a second chance before fully making my mind up.

Impressions:

Okay, just a warning first off i'm incredibly tired so this might be the reason for all this.

Yet another game that fails to impress me, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is just pushing the boundries of medicority yet again.

The graphics are underwhelming with bad models, poor textures, jaggies fucking everywhere and no true widescreen support. The music borders on the annoying in some areas which is stupid considering how fantastic Prime 1's score was.

About the graphics, it's not a 360 game. It's a Wii game, and it's really nice for Wii standards. I think the graphics are great. And I'm playing this on a small tv screen, so jaggies don't really bother me. The music is just a matter of opinion I guess. Some of it I like, some of it I like less.

Controls are just daft, the button placement in this game is just shit. Seriously. Why the hell, when a message come up do i have to press the 1 button to skip through the text/speech? Its such a hard to reach button! The visor selector is useless, its slower than your normal speed and annoying to manage. Not to mention my thumb is killing after an hours play due to repeated hitting of the A button and the jump/fire switch just confused me further. The morph ball jump, basically works when it wants to and you have to put so much force into making the damn nunchuk grapple work that my other wrist kills. Give me back my GameCube pad, right now.

I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned so far. I wouldn't want to go back to GameCube controls, they feel to stiff compared to the Wii controlls.

The level design is... alright i guess. I'm on the second section of the second planet and its nothing on Prime 1. The first level feels stripped from another FPS that came out recently only done poorly and for some reason the game feels ultra clostrophobic.

The introduction levels of some Metroid games have always been pretty straightforward. It's just there to get acquainted with the controls, and in this case, with the story as well. And, I like it when Metroid gives me a claustrophobic feeling. I thought that was part of the Metroid series' most important elements?

It also doesn't help that for some reason i started on Vet difficulty. Which was a daft idea, since i kept dying on the boss battles. I deleted my save and i'm starting again tomorrow, hopefully less tired and i'll do a Prime 1 and end up loving it the second time around. I damn well hope so, i've been looking forward to this game for so long and its a huge disappointment.

Like i say, i'm really tired. That could be the reason for all this, so please let me have a second chance before fully making my mind up.

I hope you'll enjoy it more on the easy setting. Maybe the reason why you're dissappointed is because you were expecting too much?

Again, I hope you'll enjoy it, because in my eyes this is a real gem.

Oh, and get some rest! :p

I started the game on Veteran and immediately turned the hint system off, and I'm liking it a lot. The difficulty is just right haven't died yet anyway. I had to get used to the controls because I kept controlling it like the first two games, so I was strafing left and right all the way. :p I just got the

PED suit

and stopped right after that. I didn't really notice any huge difference graphically, except for that one room with the heated floor which looked great + some miscellaneous effects, but I don't mind as it looks amazing and I'm only just past the intro.

Some more about the controls, I didn't have any problems using the grapple beam. I barely have to move the nunchuk to use it. And reaching the 1 button is not really a problem for me. The visor selection is my biggest complaint but it's not that bad, I'll get used to it

About the graphics, it's not a 360 game. It's a Wii game, and it's really nice for Wii standards. I think the graphics are great. And I'm playing this on a small tv screen, so jaggies don't really bother me. The music is just a matter of opinion I guess. Some of it I like, some of it I like less.
I'm sorry, but it's not, it's barely above average for Gamecube standards.

Has anyone gone to the ship radio and put the first password back in? I did and got

a Japanese message from Iwata-san

:D no idea what it all says mind... but I was able to pick up a little

Something I have been thinking for MONTHS! Jordan, why do yu moderate on a Wii forum? You are one of the most negative Wii people here and constantly bumming the 360, now everyone is entitled to their opinion and you are intelligent and rational in your response but its doing my head in a little, you put such a downer on things sometimes when I want to get excited about games - NOTHING in anything thats not in HD pleases you. I dont go in the 360 forums and declare how much the games bore me to tears, which they do yet I'm still a sucker and keep buying them, because whats the point!? You're a great poster, but stop being so down and anti Wii!