NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I'm expected a point or two higher from IGN, but still great score. Does anyone ever feel that when it comes to reviews Matt and Co. can be very overcritical of Nintendo products as if they're trying to over compensate to try and prove they're not fanboys?

9 from 1UP is good too considering their rancid preview. I won't hold my breath for the Gamespot review, as they're just 360 fanboys who just hate everything the Wii stands for because it scares them - the whole idea of normal people playing games puts the fear of God into dorks like Gerstman, he feels like the King of the dorks, and normal people entering his domain worry him... A LOT!

IGN's only complaints were:

- It's a sequel and feels familiar

- It has 10-second loading times 5% of the time. The rest of the time there are virtually no loading times.

- They were dopes at one point because the game didn't tell them exactly here the hints in the log book were.

I don't get it. The first two sound like compliments and the last just seems to be a mistake by matt when playing the game...

Ho, and 2 mistakes in the review. He says that the 10-second loading times in MP1/2 never happened. They happened. He also says that the map in the top left cornet was never there before in MP1/2. It was.

..It looks awesome. As much as I would have liked to have stayed away from videos and reviews of this (like I am with Mario Galaxy- I don't really know a thing about that game!) I just had to check out the IGN review as, while I loved Prime, I have had trouble getting motivated to play Echoes. I needed to watch this to convince myself that I was gonna need this game.

I need it. I think I will have to try to get into echoes though and see how far I can get.

The Gametrailers review is up now. I'm just listening to it now (though not watching it, for fear of spoilers!).

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24117.html

9.6! :) And they think it's better than Prime 1, too.

its better to put a spoiler tag on it , becouse they show too much in the beginning so i clicked it away haha

..I watched the Gametrailers review now aswell- I won't watch any more. The game looks incredible. Maybe even those Metroid haters (*cough* darksnowman) will like it..

1up with 9.0

"Amazing as it is to say about a Wii game, Corruption contains some of the best visuals in gaming, period".

They ate thier words really quickly :p

I bet Gamespot will give it 8.2, Great!

Who gives a shit what they think !?

Gamespot only give incremental's of .5 now.

You mean that they can't give it an 8.8???

You mean that they can't give it an 8.8???

LOL, I remember the day that news broke, Jeff "10 out of 10 for Tony Hawk" Gerstman, I bet they'll be looking to repeat that travesty just to get hits. Gamespot is so far inferior to IGN it's unbelievable.

So according to IGN it deserves a 9.8 but because its a sequel it only gets 9.5.

Are they going to take that approach when reviewing Halo 3?

IGN's only complaints were:

- It's a sequel and feels familiar

- It has 10-second loading times 5% of the time. The rest of the time there are virtually no loading times.

- They were dopes at one point because the game didn't tell them exactly here the hints in the log book were.

I don't get it. The first two sound like compliments and the last just seems to be a mistake by matt when playing the game...

Ho, and 2 mistakes in the review. He says that the 10-second loading times in MP1/2 never happened. They happened. He also says that the map in the top left cornet was never there before in MP1/2. It was.

So according to IGN it deserves a 9.8 but because its a sequel it only gets 9.5.

Yeah I think their negative comments are rediculous!!

I actually like the 'stuck door' loading trick! In Prime it really made it feel like Samus was exploring an ancient architectural system, or a broken space station!

And they can't really justify deducting points because it's a sequel, because a number of sequels in the past have scored higher than the originals! and if Prime 3 improves an the formula with better graphics, controls, story etc... then it deserves a higher score than the originals!

As was the case with Tony Hawks 2, Halo 2, Super Monkey Ball 2 etc...

But anyways, the score is still great!

As is the one from gametrailers (who's opinion i probably listen to the most)!

No. Halo 3 will get 9.8, you see.

The reviews have been pretty much sensational for MP3 so far!

9.5 is fantastic!

I flicked through the IGN and Gametrailer video reviews, (trying to avoid spoilers, didn't really work but I'm sure I'll have forgotten most of it by the time we get the game :heh: ) it looks phenomenal, the controls seem spot-on and it sounds as if there's a lot of playtime / replay value too.

Looking forward to it.

haha i like wat Gametrailers said in the review , "" the controls are just perfect after playing this "" you'll never want to play any other FPS with an normal analog controller again

good they gave it a 9.6

I flicked through the IGN and Gametrailer video reviews, (trying to avoid spoilers, didn't really work but I'm sure I'll have forgotten most of it by the time we get the game :heh: ) it looks phenomenal, the controls seem spot-on and it sounds as if there's a lot of playtime / replay value too.

Looking forward to it.

I did exactly the same. I skimmed read IGN's review and watched about 5 secs of the GT video before turning it off! :D

I'm much more hyped for it now.

I did exactly the same. I skimmed read IGN's review and watched about 5 secs of the GT video before turning it off! :D

I'm much more hyped for it now.

Hehehe! It's a bit more important for you to avoid spoilers though, seeing as you'll probably be playing it by the end of the week. :grin:

I read two reviews and neither said anything about length. Anyone heard anything about this?

I read two reviews and neither said anything about length. Anyone heard anything about this?
20+ hours according to IGN.

Thanks RedShell, so about the same length as the other Primes then. It's a shame I ain't going to get to play this till Christmas.

Wow... just wow. In the review, they said the graphics surpass any other Wii game, and that it would look fantastic on any other next- gen console. MP3 is awesome, and it shows that some good art goes a long way.

One thing I didn't like about the review is their failure to mention sound. Mp's eery, dark music is fantastic, and is part of the reasons why I love MP.

Nevertheless, I'm getting this game, good musik or not.