NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

i wonder if your able to download new missions or levels with wiiconnect24 in couple of months i mean becouse they can upgrade it everytime

Admitedly Heavenly Sword is a PS3 game, but the fact it you should never ever put a Wii game up against a 360 or PS3 game. Its just not fair, the Wii basically isn't a next gen console in terms of graphical and cpu capabilties and shouldn't be pit against the other two.

Admitedly Heavenly Sword is a PS3 game, but the fact it you should never ever put a Wii game up against a 360 or PS3 game. Its just not fair, the Wii basically isn't a next gen console in terms of graphical and cpu capabilties and shouldn't be pit against the other two.
He's just pissed that a Wii game has good graphics and wants to rub it in our faces how his X360 is so much better.

Thing is... Captain obvious, and doing shitty comparisons at that.

Anyone seen the 1Up preview? the guy's a total and utter ass:

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162168

I find it funny, Comparing Metroid with Halo, that and how he didn't touch Halo 3 single player yet and goes boasting about it, and the Bioshock reference is just the same, "what?" is the fucker selling me a game I don't want boasting I should be obvious?

This is blog material, this guy's an asshole.

Darned X360 Fandorks.

That quote from 1UP just makes me very angry. I think a certain element in the gaming press will just bash every Wii game regardless of it's merits.

How the f*ck does he know if it is or isn't better than Heavenly Sword, I hope he, along with his PS3 explode into a ball of flames!

i wonder if your able to download new missions or levels with wiiconnect24 in couple of months i mean becouse they can upgrade it everytime

The lack of a harddrive doesn't get my hopes up for that happening, it would use a lot of storage space. And it would be announced by now if they were going to do that.

to be honest, every one always seems to put graphics far to high in what makes a good game. if i cared about graphics, oid not have a wii. the wii looks bad when compaired to a 360 or ps3, but the fact that i dont care really voids any argument about graphics to me. i'll just bring up the case of rie of the robots, great looking game on the snes, but it played like face rape.

i also dont care about the graphics i only care about it when 3 consoles have the same game and then the wii has 2,5 times lower graphics

but if they make it exclusive like Soul calibur legends then i wont mind buying it becouse it looks good to me same as metroid its just a beautifull game good gameplay voiceacting sound effect

and they have to stop bringing ps2 ports

Nintendo is reportedly proud to be releasing it up against another spacey shooter hitting around the same time: Microsoft's Halo 3.

But is that really a fair match-up? Although the previous Metroid Prime titles may have looked like Halo-esque first-person shooters...Honestly, the presentation and scripting seem amateurish compared to what's going on in megabudget productions such as Halo 3 and Heavenly Sword.

A few new blur effects and a rock-solid frame rate give it a negligible "next gen" sheen and crispness, but one look at the hyperdetailed, evocative visuals in BioShock will make the most ardent Wii-faithful envious.

I cannot believe he just said that

What a complete dickhead!

Nintendo is reportedly proud to be releasing it up against another spacey shooter hitting around the same time: Microsoft's Halo 3.

But is that really a fair match-up? Although the previous Metroid Prime titles may have looked like Halo-esque first-person shooters...Honestly, the presentation and scripting seem amateurish compared to what's going on in megabudget productions such as Halo 3 and Heavenly Sword.

A few new blur effects and a rock-solid frame rate give it a negligible "next gen" sheen and crispness, but one look at the hyperdetailed, evocative visuals in BioShock will make the most ardent Wii-faithful envious.

I cannot believe he just said that

So lets see.... to date, I've only heard a set of positive things and some non-fanboy-esque comments made about one Wii game (that I can remember :heh:) from 1Up.

It makes the reason ever more evident why I don't really go there.

Be a bloody game previewer, with solitary opinions on what your looking at, nothing more, nothing less.

*rant over :heh:*

Anyway, I'm trying to watch few videos as I can, but with American launch nearing.... and my temptation to jump on Gametrailers and IGN (plus gamespot had some new footage), I can't see that happening.

When's this out in America? Because surely IGN should have a review up very soon?

i'm really hoping this game lives up to my expectations. prime is one of the only game i remember getting truely excited about and not being a little disserpointed with in a long time. since then its all gone downhill.

i never wanted to be an american because of the fear of getting blown to bits by terroists But I do now. I want this game:(

When's this out in America? Because surely IGN should have a review up very soon?

Monday in America.

...Nintendo is reportedly proud to be releasing it up against another spacey shooter hitting around the same time: Microsoft's Halo 3.

But is that really a fair match-up? Although the previous Metroid Prime titles may have looked like Halo-esque first-person shooters...

Honestly, the presentation and scripting seem amateurish compared to what's going on in megabudget productions such as Halo 3 and Heavenly Sword.

This tosser looks twice the moron now, Heavenly Sword may look pretty and may have been one of SONY's

megabudget productions
but it has still turned out to be an underwhelmingly mess when it comes to all important gameplay factor.

Shove that up your arse 1UP!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/815/815031p1.html

...throughout you can't shake the feeling that you're playing a tangled mess of brilliant ideas desperately failing to wrestle themselves free from some incredibly misguided implementation.

not much of an ad though is it?

i mean it should be completely dark and what not. Doesn't matter i guess ours will be different.

Not a bad advert actually, but I hope there is a more dark/atmospheric one aswell. I think they've used this style of advert though because they used it for games like SPM and that had great initial sales, so it could work a trick for those who may not normally buy the game. It looks great though!

Bit of a lame ad. "Wow, you can open doors!"

Its what the casual gamers will remember.

I think it should have shown a part of the story or something more epic. Now it just looks like a shooting range with grab functions.

Not exactly the kind of ad I was expecting for a game like Metroid...

Dont remember the other Primes ads?

Dont remember the other Primes ads?

I remember the printed ad, which made a joke about Samus having a change of clothes stating something like 'after all she is a woman'.

But I don't remember any TV ads.