NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

GS is so going to be flamed for this.

I like the emblems it got. Three of them I have never seen before and they really show how awesome the game is. Especially the boss emblem.

fucking idiots. Doesn't do anything different except the controls are completely fucking differet. Spread across multiple planets has voice acting and cinematics..

now lets see halo 3 make that jump.

...now lets see halo 3 make that jump.

This is where I'd like to see how Gamespot do! They've been off the mark on a few games I'd say!

I told you they'd give it 8.5! I said earlier in the thread, it was obvious. The more contraversial the score, the more hits they get.

8.5 from Gamespot

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidprime3/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

I don't get Gamespot, they say that Twilight Princess got 8.8 because it felt too familiar to other Zeldas and yet they underscore Metroid Prime 3 because it feels different to the other Prime games... that to me doesn't make sense!

What a fucking surprise. These guys are so biased it's not even funny.

Also, the guys says in his blog he didn't even finish the game, he's just halfway through.

Way to go Gamespot!

Maybe they just rushed through it.

There's no excuse, they are getting payed to review games, they're supposed to be professionals with years of experience, they can't rush through games, contradict themselves or be this much biased. They just plain simply hate the Wii.

i agree with u hellfire. they hate the wii and love the 360. I love to see their review for halo 3

Am I the only one that found GS' score incredibly funny? I mean, it's got to the point of "ridiculousness". I seriously did laugh out loud when I saw the 8.5.

Anyway, October 26 can't come soon enough, 8.5 or no 8.5.

MP2 Review:

Despite the addition of a middling and somewhat unnecessary multiplayer component
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime2/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

"Multiplayer... Who needs it?"

MP3 Review:

While the lack of multiplayer is disappointing, the single-player campaign won't leave you wanting.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidprime3/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary%3Breview&page=2

"Where's my multiplayer?"

Zelda Review:

little disappointing that the series hasn't evolved much at all with this latest installment.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/thelegendofzelda/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary%3Breview&page=2

"More of the same... FAIL!"

MP3 Review:

Its core control scheme is a revelation, but the resulting tempo adjustment and streamlining is missing some of the careful pacing that made Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 so superb

"Too different... FAIL!"

Controls:

Streamlined controls make things a little too easy and a little less adventurous

Good controls make the game easy! We'd rather have crappy dual analog making it more challenging, let's take some points then :-D incredible. (and Metroid Prime 3 is bound to have a unlockable hard mode)

According to gamespot... Metroid Prime Hunters on DS beats the living crap out of Metroid Prime 3 :-D

What a mouthful :grin:

Well, to be fair, 3 different people reviewed those 3 games.

Apparently there's still people that go to gamespot. Only time I ever use it is for live conferences.

If you think about it (and according to posts here) they only rate x0.5 now, meaning that if it had originally been 8.6, the game would have a 9.0 rating. But instead it gets 8.5, which means the game scored between 8.0 and 8.4.

Apparently there's still people that go to gamespot. Only time I ever use it is for live conferences.

If you think about it (and according to posts here) they only rate x0.5 now, meaning that if it had originally been 8.6, the game would have a 9.0 rating. But instead it gets 8.5, which means the game scored between 8.0 and 8.4.

Hang on, I'm confused. It got 8.5 right? Well then that would mean it would have to have got either 8.3,8.4,8.5,8.6 to be rounded to 8.5. Or have I got mixed up?

Is anyone else playing this today besides me? This game is definately a 9-er. Hard to put down but i managed so i could eat lunch.

What the hell are you talking about! Pretty much everything in this game has been done before, unlike Bioshock which has far more newer concepts in it. Seriously you actually don't make sense sometimes. The fact that this game got such a high review yet is so similar to the older gamers shows how amazing it is; it's pretty much perfect. It would only ever get higher if Prime 1 never existed.

I disagree, I think the fact it has a whole new control scheme and nails it is pretty impressive. I also think the navigating between planets, voice acting, ship control and the new gestures, gear and items are BIG changes. I thought from reading reviews that Bioshock was a very polished FPS with a great story, wonderful design and geat atmosphere. I'd say there's as much new in MP3 as there is in Bioshock!

I think the fact that they both scored the same in every department yet one gets a lower score is odd, if you don;t think that, fine.

8.5 from Gamespot

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidprime3/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

I don't get Gamespot, they say that Twilight Princess got 8.8 because it felt too familiar to other Zeldas and yet they underscore Metroid Prime 3 because it feels different to the other Prime games... that to me doesn't make sense!

Gamespot are wankers, if their offices burned down and they wee all trapped inside I would laugh. They do this for attention because their site is nothing but a pale imitation of IGN.

What a fucking surprise. These guys are so biased it's not even funny.

Also, the guys says in his blog he didn't even finish the game, he's just halfway through.

Way to go Gamespot!

Total wankers, I'm seriously pissed now I've read this. The Wii's biggest release since LoZ:TP and they pass a review without even playing the whole game. That is appalling. They are not proffessionals, just a bunch of jackasses who love causing a stir with stupid review scores.

Is anyone else playing this today besides me? This game is definately a 9-er. Hard to put down but i managed so i could eat lunch.

Yeah, rub it in...

Enjoy it man, for the sake of us PAL people.

8.5 from Gamespot

Ridiculous, absolutely ludicrous.

No wonder I don't ever go there any more, that site is a joke!

8.5? HAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Sorry but it's quite hilarious when everyone on here was stating that they only do things by the .5 and they actually predicted the score!

Well, to be fair, 3 different people reviewed those 3 games.

It's the same site nonetheless, there must be some internal coherence.

And controlling the ship, hyper mode, new controles, gestures and whatnot seem like good enough innovations for a sequel.

What is their problem with the Wii, seriously? I just don't get it. I dread to think what galaxy will get.

It's the same site nonetheless, there must be some internal coherence.

And controlling the ship, hyper mode, new controles, gestures and whatnot seem like good enough innovations for a sequel.

Yep and multiple planets,more cinematics and actual voice acting.

I keep saying it but let's see what halo 3 does different!

Then let's see what score it gets.. i hate gamespot.

Yep and multiple planets,more cinematics and actual voice acting.

I keep saying it but let's see what halo 3 does different!

Then let's see what score it gets.. i hate gamespot.

Halo 3 will get higher due to it being a online multiplayer game with endless replay value and a extremely in-depth co-op mode.

I do however agree that Gamespot aren't very good and have scored this pretty poorly.

What is their problem with the Wii, seriously? I just don't get it. I dread to think what galaxy will get.

perhaps an.....8.5..

Lets face it if they would give them both an 8.8 if they could. gamespot have a legendary bad taste in games.

their favourite game of all time is still Tony Hawks pro skater 3... They gave it a perfect ten..

they gave legendary games like mario kart 64 a 6.4(aren't they funny:indeed: )

They cannot review for shit. Their forums are also full of assholes. The worst fanboys I have ever seen.

Halo 3 will get higher due to it being a online multiplayer game with endless replay value and a extremely in-depth co-op mode.

I do however agree that Gamespot aren't very good and have scored this pretty poorly.

And here i ask.. What does halo 3 do differently do halo 2?

See what i mean. it might do it better but thats what metroid prime 3 did.. They just hate Nintendo and have a history of it.