NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

And here i ask.. What does halo 3 do differently do halo 2?

See what i mean. it might do it better but thats what metroid prime 3 did.. They just hate Nintendo and have a history of it.

Not alot different i agree. I'm sure theres a 4 player online co-op though, which is a huge addition. I maybe wrong.

I wouldn't worry MCJ Metroid, alot of the gaming forums are in agreement with you and have stated Gamespot don't know what there doing anymore.

Tbh MCJ, mario kart 64 deserved a 6.4. The only good ones are the original and DS one.

Also zechs, despite the changes, the game is still pretty similar to the older games. I'm still mega hyped for it though.

Yep and multiple planets,more cinematics and actual voice acting.

so what? voice acting, multiple environments (or planets, however they take form) and cinematics have been around for quite some time. just because nintendo decides they want it in a game doesn't mean they are pioneers... these things could have been in metroid prime 1 and it still wouldn't have been a "great leap forward". it's a standard for the genre for years, so don't get too excited when not everybody is impressed. i mean, these things were already rule rather than exception on the ps1, some hundred years ago.

you don't see 360 fanboys going "oh look, we have voiceacting in halo 3!".

and what's with the "we made the game more easy for casual gamers" bullcrap. i thought metroid was for the hardcore gamers. when i play a game that nintendo deams worthy of hardcore label i want to get my dick sucked, and not concider my gramms who might have trouble finding her way trough some impossible maze. that maze is my fucking problem.

The game isn't made easier; it just by now people are used to the formula and the precision of the wii-mote make it easier to to battle. IGN's video review confirmed that this game is still REALLY hard.

Oh, and just for the record, Halo 3 has 4-player co-op. it's a pretty big deal...

But still, 8.5 is a stupid score, but its what I expected from them as there reviewing system says they expect big additions to sequels, so expecting a 9 was hoping for too much imo.

i thought it was made clear that the adventure aspects of the game are notably tuned down and everything is more staight forward. i wasn't talking about the more efficient aiming mechanics.

so what? voice acting, multiple environments (or planets, however they take form) and cinematics have been around for quite some time. just because nintendo decides they want it in a game doesn't mean they are pioneers... these things could have been in metroid prime 1 and it still wouldn't have been a "great leap forward". it's a standard for the genre for years, so don't get too excited when not everybody is impressed. i mean, these things were already rule rather than exception on the ps1, some hundred years ago.

you don't see 360 fanboys going "oh look, we have voiceacting in halo 3!".

and what's with the "we made the game more easy for casual gamers" bullcrap. i thought metroid was for the hardcore gamers. when i play a game that nintendo deams worthy of hardcore label i want to get my dick sucked, and not concider my gramms who might have trouble finding her way trough some impossible maze. that maze is my fucking problem.

i am just saying it's new to metroid games not that they are new to the industry.

Gamespot believe the game is too similiar. We are saying that there are many many differences. Those being another few reasons.

metroid dread could be on the way. don't know if ye have here of the scan thing in corruption about project dread. i'd say its there just to get our tongues wet

i am just saying it's new to metroid games not that they are new to the industry.

Gamespot believe the game is too similiar. We are saying that there are many many differences. Those being another few reasons.

ya but the thing is there are trying to make it easier to appeal to those shitty halo fans whos brains can't handle puzzles

Didn't these dumb fuckers give Zelda 8.8 because it was too much like other Zeldas?

Lol, Gamespot is on another planet.

ya but the thing is there are trying to make it easier to appeal to those shitty halo fans whos brains can't handle puzzles

Halo is certainly more casual and more appealing to people who don't like to THINK during games i'll give you that.

The new metroid should be more accessable however.

And yes they are the same dumb fucks that gave zelda a great.8

Didn't these dumb fuckers give Zelda 8.8 because it was too much like other Zeldas?

you could they gamespot is in another castle........CMON!:confused:

As far as I know it's an ordinary Metroid with all the walking replaced with shooting shit as you walk.

metroid dread could be on the way. don't know if ye have here of the scan thing in corruption about project dread. i'd say its there just to get our tongues wet

Shitty Halo fans? Look, im not a fan of the X-Box but its a bit harsh called someone who plays Halo a 'shitty Halo fan', not only that but saying they can't handle puzzles.

Metroid Prime is a brilliant series, but they aren't exactly taxing in terms of puzzles.

Shitty Halo fans? Look, im not a fan of the X-Box but its a bit harsh called someone who plays Halo a 'shitty Halo fan', not only that but saying they can't handle puzzles.

Metroid Prime is a brilliant series, but they aren't exactly taxing in terms of puzzles.

You think they can?:)

My Halo bumming mate once said and I quote "Metroid Primes boring. All you do is go around shooting stuff."

My Halo bumming mate once said and I quote "Metroid Primes boring. All you do is go around shooting stuff."

The guy never played metroid and going by your quote doesn't have the ability. it takes commitment for a metroid game.. it's hard but at the end it's very satisfying. i find that usually people who don't like the game never bothered to clear it..

how can you judge a game fully without seeing everything it had to offer?

WTF?

AHHHHH

Does not compute :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Seriously though, after he said that did he stop and think about what he just said?

It's good to know that because I really enjoy the Halo series my IQ is suddenly comparable to that of a packet of KP nuts.

Some of you should really take the time to read what you post, and whilst crayoning in your to-do list why not make a note to care more about games and less about scores. "Oh no, GameSpot have rated a game I haven't even played to be below my impossible expectations! I must deride their opinion and call them lots of rude things for only considering the game I haven't played to be great rather than God pressed on to a disk!"

You are not dribbling idiots. Stop acting as such.

even so, these are still changes in presentation, and won't affect the way a game feels or plays. the only change i read about is the use of your starship and the controls, offcourse, and those are adequatly praised.

i guess my point being that the "low" score isn't that low at all and doesn't have a wii-hating taste to it. this is a great game, and the score says "great". so they have issues with some aspects, it's still an opinion, not a universal benchmark.

on a side note, i hate these gamespot assholes; how do they come to imagine that their fat ugly mugs are anywhere near as important as footage when reviewing any game. seriously. is someone waiting for those vile fastfood mauls to appear every now and then and speak? it's vanity, and terribly misplaced at that. i mean, for fuck sake, he even waggles his fucking head from left to right the entire time, looking at the camera in some bizzar angle. so maybe his neck can't support the weight and he was populair in the circus, that's no reason to feature yourself in a video of a nintendo game.

and the other asshole who reviewed zelda was defected too. he seemed thoroughly unhappy for some reason. lack of vitamins perhaps. small penis is more likely though.

i dig the chick from gametrailers. she's hot. yeah. she smiles at me. makes me all nervous.

Tbh MCJ, mario kart 64 deserved a 6.4. The only good ones are the original and DS one.

Also zechs, despite the changes, the game is still pretty similar to the older games. I'm still mega hyped for it though.

Whoah there!!! OK, I can accept that everything is a matter of taste, however I genuinely loved Mario Kart 64. I couldn't even hazard a guess at how many hows I put inot that game, both in solo play and the countless hours and hours me and my mates put in during our marathon 4 player death matches.

I've never had such great multiplayer fun with any other game besides Goldeneye. I think if you wanted to mark Mario Kart 64 down a few points 'm sure you could find niggling things, but 6.4 you re-ignited a rage inside me, I could happily jab a pen in the eye of that reviewer!

Gamepsot hate the Wii, I'm positive that this righteous rage shall be repeated come the review for Super Mario Galaxy.

its probably a joke, because 6.4 looks like 64. did anyone notice? nintendo should have called it mario kart 100.

howtotakeareview.gif

its probably a joke, because 6.4 looks like 64. did anyone notice? nintendo should have called it mario kart 100.

howtotakeareview.gif

yep that's what I meant. A bit of comedy perhaps.

haha i LOL about the wiki page

Haha the forums part is so true is isn't funny.