NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

How about the freaking music?! XDD

It's all good so far and stays true to the same style established by the other games. Not a whole lot of it could be described as "catchy" or anything though, more epic and immersive. There's certainly a LOT of music though as the separate planets have multiple areas each with their own separate themes.

Not much in the way of oldschool remixes this time though but that's unsurprising as they'ved already remixed and used the majority of the important Metroid and Super Metroid tracks for other stuff already.

Meh, I'm stuck already. I'm on Bryo on a place with a giant and grappling thingies both which I don't have suit upgrades for. What to do?

Meh, I'm stuck already. I'm on Bryo on a place with a giant and grappling thingies both which I don't have suit upgrades for. What to do?

Go to the grassy bit and there is an odd wall bit. Morph ball bomb it... then go on the get the grapple swing.. thing!!!

(ps. if you let the small thing stick to you they carry you up, helps you get the Missile upgrade!)

Played for 6 and a half more hours (in one sitting). Is anyone else amazed at how little effort the controls take to use? And I only because

The pirates kept destroying the spire and the megagigajoulethermonuclear bomb thing.

And I didn't expect a "protect the x" thing in the game

I've gotten lost once or twice (I turned the hint system off) but the backtracking has really improved with things like the ship. Has anyone else found themselves falling in love with the ship?

I actually got quite emotional when my ship sent me it's distress call.

I've turned the voucher alerts off. Is there any way to turn the "Press A to interact" (or whatever) message off?

Got it today from Toys-R-Us for £26. (Anyone got it cheaper?)

Now I didnt enjoy Metroid Prime on the GC but loved Metroid Fusion on the GBA, so I wasnt sure If I would like it or not.

But this game is AMAZING, the graphics, the controls and the music are all superb.

Played for 6 and a half more hours (in one sitting). Is anyone else amazed at how little effort the controls take to use?

Yeah, they do work so well.

I have found 2 problems though:

1) If you have to scratch you nose/eye etc... the view goes mental...

2) When you first step out of your ship you end up nearly walking off the platform until you correct yourself! lol

Got it today from Toys-R-Us for £26. (Anyone got it cheaper?)

Now I didnt enjoy Metroid Prime on the GC but loved Metroid Fusion on the GBA, so I wasnt sure If I would like it or not.

But this game is AMAZING, the graphics, the controls and the music are all superb.

Good price, I got it for £27.99 from game.net with a nice coca cola staff discount code :D

Just finished this, great game crappy ending!

o_O..Do you guys always play your games in such a rush? How can you enjoy the game that way?

I'm taking my time with this, really don't wanna rush through it or anything.

Beautifull game, really love it. Haven't played a game of this calibur in a while.

Bloody hell Caris, that was quick! :eek: Probably explains the ending too. :heh:

How many hours?

Nearly 17 hours, i got 84%.

I actually got quite emotional when my ship sent me it's distress call.

haha, so did I. I was like: that bastard, wait till I get there, I'll show you...

I was wondering, are you guys playing on veteran difficulty as well?

I played the beginning on the ship on normal but found it too easy so I started again on Veteran and must say it was the right choice.

1) If you have to scratch you nose/eye etc... the view goes mental...

I just use my left hand...

This game has been incredible so far, but I'm afraid I'm already near the end.:(

I just started the battle with...

Omega Ridley. He looks unbelievable. I'll finish him off tomorrow.

What do I do with second landing spot on the northern map on Bryyo? It has a heat beam only door next too it.

The game is great so far, though some of the puzzles frustrates me and I hate being left clueless of what to do next when I have finished an objective. Also, the loading times are bit too long.

Up to the second area of Elyssia...

The ice area of Bryyo.. just wow. Beautiful. I've had a good ol' explore of Bryyo now I've got the plasma beam and I've racked up 45% items.

I've been playing this game a lot this weekend! and upon each play it just gets better and better! :D

but i'm playing it on Normal like the Noob i am. :heh:

I have 99% and the Pirate Code!!! I must be very near the end of the game.

On another note, why are people saying that people could of rushed? They just might of wanted to play it all the time. I've played it for about 7 hours today :P Does that mean I rushed it? Don't think so :P

Good

• Soundtrack is amazing. Best of the series imo.
  • The grapple stuff was fun
  • The using the vouchers to buy stuff is a neat idea
  • I am SO glad that Kraid was not in this. I was totally expected them to put him in ths one. That would have felt really tacked on.
  • I always hoped you'd get to go to the planet where phazon comes from, so I was pleased.

Bad

• Lock on system is awful
  • It didn't really explain much or clear up anything about the story. If anything, it only left more questions.
  • What? No powerbombs?
  • It really did feel like I was playing Hunters at times, with the whole "only one way/route to go" stuff.
  • With that said, there wasn't much back tracking.
  • Last boss was way too easy. Actually fighting the Metroid Prime would have been nice.
  • Ending was pretty meh too.
  • The DANGER level meter thing from the previous games would have been handy at times.

Overall, fun game to play, better than Echoes, was just hoping it would clear up the whole story rather than leaving many even more confused. The music was probably the highlight for me though.

Bought it today. Controls take a while getting used to. Of course I'll use Advanced. Basic SUCKS. Standard is ok-ish, but Advanced is where it's at. On Advanced there is no bounding box at all. IGN's basis for saying MoH:H 2 is superior in controls is that they are customizable so that you can eliminate the bounding box completely. Well, MP3 on Advance doesn't have a bounding box either. The view starts turning as soon as you leave the very centre of the screen, fact. What can change in MoH:H 2 to make IGN say it's better, is only the speed at which the view turns, but I'd say it's very satisfactory in MP3. Like I said, takes a bit getting used to, there's a sort of target practise in the begining, and you have to get used to the idea that the stick no longer turns, it strafes. For people who are used to playing the GC MP games and MP3 is their first 1st-Person game on Wii (like me), this might be the hardest part to get used to.