Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

It sounds a little stupid, but I think nintendo shoul ask have the age rating to 16+, or put some moment of extreme violence in to get it raised.

The reason for this is because if people see Zelda in the shops they think "ha, nintendo, it's for kids! And it's only 7+! (3+ in the case of TWW) It must be for kids!"

Nintendo turned away from that path a long time ago. It sortof goes against everything theyre about.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo likes to make games for a load of different age groups. Hence why they're often refered to as "family friendly", or something to that effect.

Upping the age rating to 16+, and thus outcasting gamers who are under the age of 16, will not help anyone. Infact, it will probably do the opposite.

It sounds a little stupid, but I think nintendo shoul ask have the age rating to 16+, or put some moment of extreme violence in to get it raised.

The reason for this is because if people see Zelda in the shops they think "ha, nintendo, it's for kids! And it's only 7+! (3+ in the case of TWW) It must be for kids!"

(yes, the public are stupid when it comes to games)

If they see Zelda and think "ha nintendo, it's for kids! Wait a sec, it's (let's say)16+...It must be made for adults, I'll give it ago".

You never know what the public think, but this may help swing it, big time.

Sure would make a lot more 10 year olds buy it. The mature audience don't care what rating or how "cool" a game is.

i thought majoras mask was a more mature zelda title... but that was because of the whole apocolypse feel to it. if twilight princess manages to pull off the same feel, i will be delighted.

and yeah, when you are out of your teens, and no longer bound by ESRB ratings, i find that you dont even look at them. i have NO idea what any of my games are rated (im sure killer7 has a higher number though...) and i just get them for the sheer fun of it.

anyone who does buy games solely by the age rating on it probably should be tied to some railway tracks somewhere...

AWSOME!

Its shows quite alot but realy fast... and all of it was new!

Oh and is Link pulling the Master Sword out of the ground!!!

*Edit* Master Sword it is http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/presentation/12.html *Edit*