Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Im not getting the Elite, im getting the new 60GB premium. Can i still do that?

I actually am not 100% sure in that case :/ but Imo M$ should still provide you with a transfer cable, if not, then they are just mean fucktards. :p

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be very nice on the phone and explain that you are a customer.

My had a froozen 360, sent his console off, came back and was still broke. They said on the phone to send it again, but with the HDD. He quite nicely said no, said he was a customer, and they sent him a new HDD instead.

Yeah they ask that you don't send it with the HDD now anyway even if they "fix" it and it comes back non working, that happened to my brother recently, just got sent back again without the HDD and they sent him a free controller.

It's pointless sending the HDD anyway unless theres a proven problem with it because they tend to go missing before the console gets sent back to you.

should be another few days to a week and then I should have the two 360's that I sent off at moreorless the same time back (mine and my brothers) it had better be properly fixed this time too. >>

With the recent price reduction it looks like I have no excuses for not taking the plunge now.

Noticed Gamestation are doing the Premium with 2 games for £170. Was thinking of going with Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect , any likelihood of being disappointed with those games ?

Will have to pick up Madden '09 as well , of course.

I have my second Wii to use as a trade-in (or may sell it instead) but I still have some concerns over the reliability issues that have plagued the 360.

Are they still as bad or has this been addressed recently ?

Cheers , I did hear mixed things about Lost Odyssey.

Ouch , just phoned my local Game and Gamestation and the trade in value of Wii's has really fallen through the floor recently (was quoted £80/75) , according to the guy at Game quite a few others are doing similar and they have been inundated with the things. Looks like ebay or this forum then.

Anyone here planning on going to the Gamesindustry.biz/Eurogamer expo/career fair? There looks to be some quality titles and exhibitors on hand. Here's a link to each if anyone's interested.

Career fair: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/careerfair

Eurogamer Expo: http://expo.eurogamer.net/

List of games present:

Bionic Commando

Darksiders: Wrath of War

de Blob

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

FIFA 2009

LittleBigPlanet

Mirror's Edge

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Mushroom Men

Prince of Persia

Rayman TV Party

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resistance 2

Saints Row 2

Shaun White's Snowboarding

SOCOM: Confrontation

Street Fighter IV

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009

I'm fucking pissed off right now...on the last bit of Half Life 2 Episode 2, where all those bloody striders are coming at me, left right and centre. I just can't do it....I'm at the end bit of the battle where they are all clustered around the central area of the map. I've tried at least 10 times.

Its really pissed me off and marred such a beautiful Half Life experience for me. Will try and do it tomorrow.

Cheers , I did hear mixed things about Lost Odyssey.

Ouch , just phoned my local Game and Gamestation and the trade in value of Wii's has really fallen through the floor recently (was quoted £80/75) , according to the guy at Game quite a few others are doing similar and they have been inundated with the things. Looks like ebay or this forum then.

I really enjoyed LO I'd have to say, and so did my friend. If you like JRPGs you will probably like this, and you can tell some work has been put into it (unlike Infinite Undiscovery).

I'm fucking pissed off right now...on the last bit of Half Life 2 Episode 2, where all those bloody striders are coming at me, left right and centre. I just can't do it....I'm at the end bit of the battle where they are all clustered around the central area of the map. I've tried at least 10 times.

Its really pissed me off and marred such a beautiful Half Life experience for me. Will try and do it tomorrow.

Are you trying to do the achievement? Use a guide, its piss compared to trying it yourself. Not that I use guides.....

You don't need a guide. After a while it becomes really easy to take them down quickly. Also you can learn where they all come from and head there straight away. I suppose you could always drop the difficulty temporarily too. I didn't find that achievement too difficult. Unlike the gnome achievement... >.>

Are you trying to do the achievement? Use a guide, its piss compared to trying it yourself. Not that I use guides.....

You don't need a guide. After a while it becomes really easy to take them down quickly. Also you can learn where they all come from and head there straight away. I suppose you could always drop the difficulty temporarily too. I didn't find that achievement too difficult. Unlike the gnome achievement... >.>

Guys I'm not even trying to get the achievement....I'm just trying to complete the damn episode!

Its the strider battle, where you have to use those bomb things.

My aim with those bombs is woeful. Doesn't help with the bloody hunters doing everything they can to destroy them as soon as you pick one up.

I'll let you know if I manage to do it....sigh.

Tip: Run over the hunters. Once you've done that, go after the striders. They are much slower.

Alternatively, lower the difficulty to easy within options.

The New Halo 3 achievements have been announced:

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual - 0G

After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

Double Double - 25G

On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.

Alas, Poor Yorick - 25G

On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.

Came… From… Behind - 25G

On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.

Defend This - 50G

On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.

Flag Dropped - 25G

On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.

Road Rage - 25G

On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.

Look Both Ways - 50G

On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.

Hammer Time - 25G

On Assembly, get 5 Hammer kills during any ranked or social match.

Pull - 25G

On Citadel, get a Shotgun Spree during any ranked or social match.

Blades of Fury - 25G

On Heretic, get a Sword Spree during any ranked or social match.

Ghost Patrol - 25G

On Longshore, get 3 kills with a Ghost during any ranked or social match.

Post Mortem - 25G

On Orbital, get 2 Death From the Grave medals during any ranked or social match.

… Get the Horns - 25G

On a Mythic map, get a Bulltrue medal during any ranked or social match.

Awww, Too Bad - 25G

On a Mythic map, get a Killjoy medal during any ranked or social match.

Killtacular - 25G

On a Mythic map, get a Killtacular during any ranked or social match.

Have Fun Respawning - 25G

On a Mythic map, get an Extermination during any ranked or social match.

Save This Film - 25G

On a Mythic map, get a Perfection medal during any ranked or social match.

Delicious Brains - 25G

On a Mythic map, infect 2 humans during any ranked or social match.

Zombie Repeller - 25G

On a Mythic map, kill 2 Zombies during any ranked or social match.

Tank Dropper - 25G

On any Mythic map, get a kill on another player while in monitor mode.

Assembly Skull - 25G

On Assembly, find the hidden skull.

Citadel Skull - 25G

On Citadel, find the hidden skull.

Heretic Skull - 25G

On Heretic, find the hidden skull.

Longshore Skull - 25G

On Longshore, find the hidden skull.

Orbital Skull - 25G

On Orbital, find the hidden skull.

Sandbox Skull - 25G

On Sandbox, find the hidden skull.

Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan 25G

Find all the hidden skulls on the Mythic maps

Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch - 0G

Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.

Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 - 0G

Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.

The new Mythic maps seem to be:

Assembly

Citadel

Heretic

Longshore

Orbital

Sandbox

Edit: The achievements are actually live now. Pity I won't be getting pretty much all of them. Also. How do you complete Halo with everyone in a Ghost?

I never finished HL2E2 when I borrowed it - I was going by what works in every other situation...

YES! I DID IT! I finished the damn game! Feel so good. I dunno how. Didn't really have a different strategy...I think I managed it cos I killed those damn Hunters with some tree logs. They are such a pain in the arse!

But yes..SOOOO happy. Time to play through Rainbow Six Vegas now before I'm off to Uni!

Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will be down for 24 hours from 0900 UK time (1000 CET) on September 29 - but it's not all bad news! This downtime is really important as the Xbox LIVE team will be using it to prepare the service for the arrival of the New Xbox Experience later this year!

Just to be clear, NXE WILL NOT come online when the downtime finishes, but the service will then be ready to receive NXE when it does eventually go live.

Official blurb:

"Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will be down for 24 hours, beginning on September 29, 2008 from 12:01 AM PST until 11:59 PM PST. This service maintenance will allow us to bring some exciting new features and functionality to you this holiday and beyond through the New Xbox Experience."

Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will be down for 24 hours from 0900 UK time (1000 CET) on September 29 - but it's not all bad news! This downtime is really important as the Xbox LIVE team will be using it to prepare the service for the arrival of the New Xbox Experience later this year!

Just to be clear, NXE WILL NOT come online when the downtime finishes, but the service will then be ready to receive NXE when it does eventually go live.

Official blurb:

"Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com will be down for 24 hours, beginning on September 29, 2008 from 12:01 AM PST until 11:59 PM PST. This service maintenance will allow us to bring some exciting new features and functionality to you this holiday and beyond through the New Xbox Experience."

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!