N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Unless you were playing Perseus Mandate. Holy shit, that looked like ass.

F.E.A.R PC did come out in 2004, it really hasn't aged well. It did look amazing back when it came out, but i think as Dom says it didn't look as good on consoles anyway.,

Your thinking of Gamerscore here really, there's a difference between Achievements and the Gamerscore you get in reward. Good Achievements are new challenges, stuff you wouldn't normally do in a game.

They add things to do, which really can't be a bad thing.

Not wanting to bring this up again, not wanting to spark an old debate or something, it's just that I don't remember every talking seriously about it:P

Yes, it does apply more to gamerscore, but it's tied to achievments though. Again, when a dev adds things to a game because of achievements, like the skulls in Halo, that's cool, and no, it's not a bad thing, I said that, it's just that most of the times it adds nothing new, just a thing saying "Achievment Unlocked", and a little icon in your stats, all of the things that are "achieved" could be achieved before achievments and would be if a player really liked playing the game. On the other hand this nudges players to try certain things (getting high scores and whatnot) that maybe they didn't try before (they were doing it wrong!) and they might like them, on the other hand there are people repeating monotonous tasks, doing things they don't like, just to get achievments, leading to a lot of devs doing this to artificially increase replay value, when in reality, there's no more replay value there.

Again, achievments are cool, I would like all or most games to have them in the future, it just doesn't carry any weight in how I like or dislike a game.

Guest Stefkov

I just want to say Top Spin 3 is shockingly bad. I like the timing aspect of it, having to let go when you think it's right but the players movement is just annoying. The guy just feels clumpy and slow, sure his stats are low but it's just so bad.

Got NBA Street Homecourt off Ebay. Really enjoyed the demo when it came out but never got around to buying the game so thought I'd pick it up. Will be nice to play something a bit different to what I've been playing recently.

Decided to start playing Sega Superstars Tennis again. Still can't do the missions I was stuck on (one of them is due to partial colourblindness). I tried my first online match on the game. They won the first game, I won the next two and so they quit.

Why can't games just give you a win when people quit? I don't care if they punish people or not, just give the victim a win.

Finally on the last (I think) mission of Sega Tennis. It's effin annoying that the harder AI mainly makes your character mess up more (shots that aren't a problem with easier opponents make your character run a few metres to the side after the shot and stuff like that), as opposed to making the AI play well.

Anyone else been playing Unreal Tournament 3? My mate got it and we started it on co-op seems pretty good if not a little confusing. Doesn't really explain the game types very well. Although it is the first Unreal Tournament game i've played so maybe its my fault :) i still rock at it though lol

Started Bioshock last night, it is INCREDIBLE, but playing it at midnight in the dark wasn't a good idea..:(

Eventually in Bioshock you become so awesome that everything else is scared of you.

Or they should be.

I completed Bioshock about a week ago. One of my fave games!

Might play it again sometime (saving the girls instead of killing them) but I've got Mass Effect to keep me busy now. :smile:

I completed Bioshock about a week ago. One of my fave games!

Might play it again sometime (saving the girls instead of killing them) but I've got Mass Effect to keep me busy now. :smile:

It's like your me 9 months ago.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!