N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict GOW to be a dissapointment, as everyone has their hopes waaaaaaaaay too high.

i think your gonna be proven wrong Ashely. Gears IS the Halo of the 360 except its more like the Halo 2 of the 360 with a 4 player live co-op (is that actually in the game?). i seriously want to play this game on co-op but i dont think anybody wants to pway wit me :( lol

2 days left and i can't wait-no doubt most of you guys will get it a few hours before me so have fun-and don't be gentle if you play me on live.

what dont you like about COD3?

good question-i'm enjoying the single player, its stupidly immersive and pretty. haven't tried the online but when it works (i think theres some probs or somat) it looks to be a pretty nice package.

its better than dead rising anyway so i'm happy.

what dont you like about COD3?

The use of infinitely spawning enemies. It isn't fun, it isn't challenging, it's just annoying and a lazy design choice.

Getting stuck on scenery. If this had happened once or twice, fair enough. But no, it happened all the time.

Linear, linear, linear. If the game wants to funnel me through areas to make things more cinematic, fine. What I object to is the invisible walls, or those that have been lazily 'disguised'; "Oh no, there's a plant/pavement/inch-high sandbag here. Guess I better find another way around."

On a similar note, there's a lot of things which you look like you should be able to do that you just can't. Want to take cover under that truck? Nope, sorry. Hide behind those boxes? Nah, I'm afraid the enemy bullets go through them.

You aren't part of the war effort, you -are- the war effort. My so-called teammates ran past enemies, loitered in doorways I wanted to use, push me forward when I'm retreating for cover... They aren't useful enough to warrant all the annoyances they bring. Oh, and why do the enemies always shoot at me? I can be peeking over a window ledge 50 metres away and they'll still aim for me rather than the other soldiers standing right in front of them — and those guys are still missing, I might add.

Also: The amateur dramatics. The obtrusiveness of the cutscenes. The uneven visual quality. The stereotyping. The rather needless QTE segments.

Still, the online mode seems good. Although it's a shame Ranked Matches simply don't work.

Halo 3 news:

NEW XBOX360 Exclusive Halo 2 maps in Spring, will cost "something".

Halo 3 Public Multiplayer Beta also coming in Spring to XBOX360 (hopefully, it'll be an open beta like PSU)

New screenshot, looks very nice. Shit tonne of bump mapping.

Halo 3 news:

NEW XBOX360 Exclusive Halo 2 maps in Spring, will cost "something".

Halo 3 Public Multiplayer Beta also coming in Spring to XBOX360 (hopefully, it'll be an open beta like PSU)

New screenshot, looks very nice. Shit tonne of bump mapping.

OH SHI-

Where are these new screenshots

Or was that C + P?

edit: Neogaf to the rescue

AnniversaryMCNewsweekLrg.jpg

Guest Stefkov

My copy of Gears had been sent at 9 this morning. Sweet.

New maps for Hao 2 sounds good, but that demo online sounds better, I never got a chance to play PSU it never conected.

My copy is being picked from Gameplay. I was hoping to get it today but Thursday will do.

Yea mine is too, but its being sent today aswell

i seriously want to play this game on co-op but i dont think anybody wants to pway wit me

I will:hehe:

Guest Stefkov
He has less than 3000 points, don't listen to him.

I dont, now listen to me :D.

Need to get rid of Lara croft....my bro wont play it though.