Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not 100% sure but i think it stays silver but you can play online and stuff.

yep jus tried it and it works!

Played street fighter 4 online for the first time and didn't fair too badly actually! Got my arse kicked in the first 5 or 6 matches but notched up a fair amount of wins later on..got 3 victories in a row! I feel so happy. Will be playing this alot during the wkend....

hey peeps, just bought far cry 2 from ebay....just wanna know your opinions on it?

I had a sealed copy of it hanging around for months, which I never got around to playing... and subsequently traded in >> but I can say that it was probably one of the best games that I almost played. :heh:

I really enjoyed FarCry 2. It's pretty broken and appears to run out of ideas quickly — it's a fairly typical "expansive yet sparse" Ubi Soft game — but if you approach things on the game's terms there's a lot of fun to be had.

The important thing to keep in mind is that you have to mix things up yourself. Some people see that as a failure of design and I think that's a perfectly fair criticism, but bar one or two situations you can tackle things however you wish. Sneak around using your machete, run in with a shotgun, rig the entire area with explosives, snipe everyone from far away, use a mortar or RPG to decimate everything from a overlooking cliff... these options aren't presented to you, you have to decide to take them.

There is no mission that requires you to strap several IEDs to a jeep, jump out of the vehicle as it approaches an enemy checkpoint and blow everything up, but you can do that. So if you approach every objective in the same way that the game will get boring fast, and outside of that the game has numerous technical issues that are out to sabotage your enjoyment; enemy vehicles are inexplicably faster than yours, the stealth mechanics are incredibly idiosyncratic, and until they finally come out with the patch — they've allegedly been working on one since January — there's a few genuine game breaking bugs.

It's a mess of a game with a load of untapped potential, but if you've the patience for it you can still have a great time in a vaguely masochistic way.

I thought it was fantastic

Like aimless said- variety is in your hands, not the game's. If you're willing to play it that way, the mechanics can lead to some truly breathtaking moments that rival the rightest scripted moments from the best shooters. It can get boring, but if you put effort in, the game rewards in spades.

hey peeps, just bought far cry 2 from ebay....just wanna know your opinions on it?

It's extremely bad driving game with no gameplay, no story, terrible AI and a few poor shooting sections. The only good things are the graphics and health bar.

I'm currently playing through Mirror's Edge. At times it's extremely awesome, at other times it's incredibly frustrating. Some parts are well designed and other parts are just put together badly.

Yep, although I found that on the second run through I could disable or avoid the enemies pretty easily and bypass the game's biggest flaw: the combat. The time trials were insanely frustrating, however. It's one of few games that I've sold on and then had a real itching to play again.

E3 info?

-Is pixel-blurred and gob smacked. APB could well be a GTA killer. MS is about to stun E3 with their lineup... Aah wel. back to gang design!!

-MS E3 big drops. Xbox Fluid - New Motion camera! Splinter Cell Conviction Halo ODST Alan Wake APB Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide (Show Finale)

-Yes. Metal gear solid + Oxide is one title.

-For the questions about MGS+O being show finale: Konami will announce a 360 exclusive (NOBODY outside of Kon has been told what this is)...

-.. After that they announce MGS4+O as a 360 exclusive. MS have also cut LostPlan2, AssCreed2, Bioshock 2, GTA.BAAFLC, to 3 min slots.

-E3: The Molyneux / Lionhead project "Richter" will show at E3. In fact, it will open it After Progress/xbla titles are shown

I just tried the terrorist hunt mode... and I don't get it. Do the terrorists just run at you or something? Or do you actually have to find them? I tried the first level and about 4 or 6 just came at me. Very boring.

Also, I loved this game so much. Vegas 2 worth the investment? Any others games recommended based on this?

I never played Vegas 1 but V2 is fantastic, and judging from reviews if you liked the first game you'll like the second. It just lacks originality compared to the first apparantly. Terrorist Hunt seems bland, I think the idea is it's a dynamic co-op experience because they're in a different place each time, and actually, when I played it with public players on realistic difficulty it was quite good fun, and very hard. Can see the fun in it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!