N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtual On heading to XBLA!

It's true. Sega is bringing Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, its hardcore arcade mech fighting game, to Xbox Live Arcade. The re-release has been officially announced in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu Weekly.

The Xbox 360 release will be Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram version 5.66, the final release for Sega's NAOMI arcade platform, released in 2000. The Xbox Live Arcade release, slated for April, has already been priced at 1200 Microsoft Points according to the mag.

Hopefully, the official announcement of VOOT means that more of Sega's Dreamcast and NAOMI titles are en route. After all, Sega registered the trademark for Virtual On Oratorio Tangram in December, alongside a slew of other Dreamcast era games over the past six months.

Those include ChuChu Rocket, Cosmic Smash, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Shuffle and more. Sega has yet to confirm a re-release of any of those titles, however.

With the Dreamcast due for its tenth anniversary in North America later this year, will Sega capitalize on console nostalgia further? Oh, God, let's hope so.

It's true. Sega is bringing Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, its hardcore arcade mech fighting game, to Xbox Live Arcade. The re-release has been officially announced in the latest issue of Japan's Famitsu Weekly.

The Xbox 360 release will be Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram version 5.66, the final release for Sega's NAOMI arcade platform, released in 2000. The Xbox Live Arcade release, slated for April, has already been priced at 1200 Microsoft Points according to the mag.

Hopefully, the official announcement of VOOT means that more of Sega's Dreamcast and NAOMI titles are en route. After all, Sega registered the trademark for Virtual On Oratorio Tangram in December, alongside a slew of other Dreamcast era games over the past six months.

Those include ChuChu Rocket, Cosmic Smash, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Shuffle and more. Sega has yet to confirm a re-release of any of those titles, however.

With the Dreamcast due for its tenth anniversary in North America later this year, will Sega capitalize on console nostalgia further? Oh, God, let's hope so.

1198022678018.gif

It MUST happen!

Is there a whiff of Dreamcast revival-ness in the air?:bouncy: Sega must capitalize on this because there will be tons of people like me who were and are still loving the Dreamcast so being able to play these games in HD on 360 would be amazing, although I could do without Sonic Shuffle - still seems like an odd choice (if it indeed does reappear).

Laaame...

Game has effectively cancelled my order. Either that or I change the delivery address to my brighton address, and thus have to explain to my mother how I can afford to spent £230...

My pre-order is still standing, but the memory unit and even the fucking reward card have been cancelled. I may just try and go into my local bank branch and change my billing address - and make sure to remember to change it when I move out.

Hassle.

I'm getting fed up of the new standard 1200 pricing system for Arcade games.

The 1200 pricing structure for new arcade games is beginning to really piss me off. 800 was pricey enough, let alone 1200. It was alright for a couple of games, but it's as if every new game that comes out on XBLA is coming out at 1200 points.

http://www.classification.gov.au/special.html?n=46&p=156&sMediaGames=1&sDateFromM=1&sDateFromY=1970&sDateToM=3&sDateToY=2010&record=232632

A new version of Worms Armageddon (Called Worms Armageddon Decade) has been rated in Australia (published by Microsoft). Probably an XBLA version, and likely 1200 points. Hopefully it doesn't skimp out on the features.

http://www.classification.gov.au/special.html?n=46&p=156&sMediaGames=1&sDateFromM=1&sDateFromY=1970&sDateToM=3&sDateToY=2010&record=232632

A new version of Worms Armageddon (Called Worms Armageddon Decade) has been rated in Australia (published by Microsoft). Probably an XBLA version, and likely 1200 points. Hopefully it doesn't skimp out on the features.

And straight after posting my previous post about hating the 1200 points pricing, I'm immediately sold. God damn you worms.

I hope it's much better than the first Worms on XBLA - which was great fun but was really just a reskinned Worms 1 with the damage and options cut down by half and lots of glitches.

WOOOO!!! Cant wait for that, although i think if you've already bought worms HD they should make this an add-on forless points. Bastard Team 17

Laaame...

Game has effectively cancelled my order. Either that or I change the delivery address to my brighton address, and thus have to explain to my mother how I can afford to spent £230...

My pre-order is still standing, but the memory unit and even the fucking reward card have been cancelled. I may just try and go into my local bank branch and change my billing address - and make sure to remember to change it when I move out.

Hassle.

I bought the Resi Evil 360 too, it states on the GAME website that orders of £200 (I think) can only be sent to the address your card is registered too.

Xbox number 2 is starting to act up! Just got the two red lights saying that its overheating which I find hard to believe especially where it is positioned but OK. Unplugged everything and leaving it to cool off but I don't have high hopes that it will sort itself out.

Noticed over the last week its been getting quite hot and then this morning the main fans were super loud so I thought something was up. I really don't want to have to send it off for repair so has anyone had this happen to them and their Xbox has lived to tell the tale or is the dreaded three lights an inevitability now?

This generation sucks ass for reliability - this is my 2nd 360, I'm also on my 2nd PS3 after the lens died but still on my 1st Wii:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sam & Max is heading to XBLA.

Xbox LIVE® joins PC and Wii as new channel for "gaming's first sitcom"

SAN RAFAEL, CA, February 26, 2009 - The dog and rabbity-thing stars of Telltale's popular episodic games are one step closer to world domination today with the announcement that the first two "seasons" of Sam & Max will be appearing on Xbox LIVE Arcade. This is the award-winning comedy duo's first appearance on the Xbox 360, as well as on a connected console download service. Worldwide PC and Wii retail releases of the second season are also upcoming.

These approaching releases will sport catchy new monikers to more closely tie the season titles with their respective story arcs. Season One, which takes the Freelance Police from the New York City streets to Washington D.C. and all the way to the moon on the trail of a hypnotic nemesis, will be dubbed Sam & Max Save the World for all new releases moving forward. Season Two, which involves a baffling series of time paradoxes at the hands of unconventional aliens, has been renamed Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space. The Xbox LIVE Arcade releases will carry these new titles, as will Atari's 2009 retail versions of the second season.

"With Sam & Max coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade and the approaching retail launch, we're reaching a larger audience than we ever have before," says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "These new releases give us an opportunity to better communicate the imaginative stories that make the Sam & Max games so special, and to strengthen the unique identity of each season."

Both Sam & Max seasons will be released on Xbox LIVE Arcade as full-season bundles, providing instant gratification to players who have been eagerly waiting for the Freelance Police to appear on Microsoft's console. The second Sam & Max season - which recently received Best Adventure Game accolades from IGN and PC Gamer and took home five Aggie Awards, including Best Comedy Writing, Best Gameplay, and Game of the Year from Adventure Gamers - is also scheduled to hit retail for PC and Wii in the coming months.

Today's news follows Telltale's recent announcement that the highly anticipated new series, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, is leading the company's expansion to Xbox LIVE Arcade. For more details about Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit, and Telltale's other games, please visit http://www.telltalegames.com.

Anyways, bought Halo Wars today. Looking forward to delving into it as I really liked the demo, and for me to like an RTS game is quite rare. Cutscenes look amazing though. Imagine if Halo 3 had turned out like that.

Im on the last mission now and the game is pretty meh to be honest. You will love the cutscene after mission 14 though :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!