NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

hey guys

Do the Xbox arcade systems come with the 65nm fans and falcon chipset (or whatever the new stuff is called) , also is it true there's a price drop in September,

Please reply

Im oiled and waiting

Thanks

Finished Halo 3 last night for the first time. Co op made it much better.

Co op makes any game better me thinks.

within limits. Burnout, for example, is a joy on online coop right untill some numb nuts joins the game, you set the challenge and all get underway in the spirit of things and *then* realise that the new guy isn't taking part, doesn't have a mic and can't read english.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck it's annoying.

Anyone seen the FUEL trailer? It looks like hot sex to me.

http://kotaku.com/5040702/the-first-fuel-trailer

If it copies Burnout Paradise's online mode (every free roaming game should have freeburn challenges - GTAIV's Free Play mode felt extremely empty) then I'm sold.

Microsoft said that Ninja Gaiden Black would be fixed and ready to re-download "in a few days" back on the 12th. I just called them and complained again.

1200 points get!

Plus I found out that my housemate still has his old copy of Ninja Gaiden so I can play that instead.

dunno if anyone else had this problem -

When i wanted to download something an error comes up after like 30 secs saying "cant download (insert title here)" also couldnt save games well. For example on bioshock it took like ten attempts just to save it as it kept saying "failed to save"

fixed by simply unplugging everything and putting it back in.

works fine now

On a different note anyone know if GAME are gunna be stocking "tales of vesperia" as its not listed on there website. Would hire on lovefilm but its not listed on there either grr

On a different note anyone know if GAME are gunna be stocking "tales of vesperia" as its not listed on there website. Would hire on lovefilm but its not listed on there either grr

Been a while since I seen you on here BM.

I dont think Tales of Vesperia even has a release date over here yet GAME will most definetly stock it when it finally arives on these shores. Its the same situation for Last Remnant as I went to preorder that the other day but couldnt find it on their site.

I don't suppose anyone knows the cheapest way to get this fable II limited edition with the free pub games? I think it's GAME and GS only, but anyone have any offer codes?

Buy from GAME.co.uk using Quidco, a reward card and the offer code "NW02GME1". Quidco is 11%, reward card nets you £2 worth of points and the code is £3 off.

Been a while since I seen you on here BM.

I dont think Tales of Vesperia even has a release date over here yet GAME will most definetly stock it when it finally arives on these shores. Its the same situation for Last Remnant as I went to preorder that the other day but couldnt find it on their site.

ah saw on amazon and ign that its coming this friday haha o well

was away for a little while as now in a flat and didnt have a cpu/laptop. Brought a cheap laptop the other day so back now : peace: :)

Yeh, too many people believe that because XBL is better it justifies the cost. Truth is, the cost isn't really justified (AFAIK private servers with XBL are few and far between). It just so happens that MS has a good system and decides to charge people to use it on a regular basis, nothing more. It doesn't need the kind of funding it gets. I still haven't bought gold yet, as it's a rip off really.

I gladly pay 40 quid a year, because IMO, it's the only online service that's actually worthwhile.

at what, 20p a day? oh man, i feel robbed of my livelihood!

If you pay £40 for the year subscription, then it's more like 11p a day.

How does a stable (minus last christmas) online community plus a load more options and whatnot not justify 11p a day?

Considering you can buy it at about £20 on ebay or if you look around. What is wrong with some of you?

sorry yeah, 11p.

I mean, fuck. It's hardly gold dust! It's a quality service, I don't care about the price.

sorry yeah, 11p.

I mean, fuck. It's hardly gold dust! It's a quality service, I don't care about the price.

True, the cost isn't the earth, it's more the point that M$ could make it free easilly but we all know that they won't... still I guess all the live subs that keep rolling in must go towards all those Free RROD repairs or something so I guess it kinda works out. :heh:

I thought that article was pretty retarded anyway. MS should make XBL free because Sony might eventually have something that's just as good when Home finally gets released. Given that we've all seen the Sony hype train in full force before and Home doesn't look to be released anytime soon, it's a pretty moot point really.

Besides as Stefkov said if you look around you can normally pick up 12 months subs on ebay for less than £30.

at what, 20p a day? oh man, i feel robbed of my livelihood!

£200 over a 5 year lifetime is a lot. I don't care if it's a small amount a day, because it adds up to a lot. You could use your "so much a day" comparison with a thousand pounds and it wouldn't even sound like much tbh. In fact, they do that in real life with paying off university debts. Admittedly, the cost of XBL gold isn't anywhere near that, but it's still the principle that annoys me somewhat. Microsoft don't charge to play online with their PC games while at the same time using MSN messenger / skype, so I really don't like the fact they do it for XBL.

Again, lots of people here use the same argument- "You get what you pay for", etc etc. This is a very clouded view and really only stands up because PSN isn't quite there yet. You're not really getting what you pay for, in fact you're paying for very little over what you get with silver (pretty much to play online). The fact is, MS have just decided to take advantage of the fact that their system is the best so far.

Edit: I wouldn't trust buying a subscription code off eBay in my life.

Well you should, saves money, and is completely legit.

£200 over a 5 year lifetime is a lot. I don't care if it's a small amount a day, because it adds up to a lot. You could use your "so much a day" comparison with a thousand pounds and it wouldn't even sound like much tbh. In fact, they do that in real life with paying off university debts. Admittedly, the cost of XBL gold isn't anywhere near that, but it's still the principle that annoys me somewhat. Microsoft don't charge to play online with their PC games while at the same time using MSN messenger / skype, so I really don't like the fact they do it for XBL.

Again, lots of people here use the same argument- "You get what you pay for", etc etc. This is a very clouded view and really only stands up because PSN isn't quite there yet. You're not really getting what you pay for, in fact you're paying for very little over what you get with silver (pretty much to play online). The fact is, MS have just decided to take advantage of the fact that their system is the best so far.

I agree with what you've said here, especially the way "x pence per day" can make anything sound cheap, when really it isn't. But I don't understand why you wouldn't buy a sub code from ebay... that's what feedback is for.

but it is cheap. The way I see it is that I play regular games of Halo, Gears and Burnout- 3 games that are just...so, so much better with online gaming. The jump in quality + the massive boost in lifespan is more than enough justification. Furthermore, the social network of the friends list is, imo, the single best feature of the 360.

It's great value for money, and you're basically robbing yourself of the best console experience through some kind of illconceived abstinence.