NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

but it is cheap. The way I see it is that I play regular games of Halo, Gears and Burnout- 3 games that are just...so, so much better with online gaming. The jump in quality + the massive boost in lifespan is more than enough justification. Furthermore, the social network of the friends list is, imo, the single best feature of the 360.

It's great value for money, and you're basically robbing yourself of the best console experience through some kind of illconceived abstinence.

After a bit of googling, as far as I can tell the only additional feature gold has over silver is to play games online. The friend lists and whatnot are all included in the silver package (which I have now after my gold trial ended). Now I don't know about you, but I think £30-£40 a year to simply connect to other people (not even private servers we're talking about here) seems excessive, especially seeing as nearly every other system format lets you play games online for free (excluding MMORPGs, which in fairness do get far many more updates and need constant maintenance). Put simply Dan Dare, in the grand scheme of things it isn't cheap.

To be honest though, I have all 3 consoles and I get a fair bit of online play in on the others. There wouldn't even be much worth in me having gold - I'd probably go as far as using it for Halo 3, and possibly for the upcoming Fable II. I'm having much more fun with games like MK Wii online at the moment anyway. My girlfriend has burnout on the PS3 too, and as far as I can tell from sources the PS3 version is better for online. Plus, free. :p

Regarding the eBay thing, I have recently been 'shafted' by 3 sellers with 100% - one of which decided to send the item 13 days later, another who forgot to mention that a board game was missing pieces, and another who still hasn't sent me something. It just seems incredibly strange for people to be selling the cards that cheap considering the cheapest online retailer option seems around £35. Stolen off the back of a lorry much?

voice chats gold only right?

Access to latest demos before the silvers.

And there people selling the UK subs so cheap all seem to be american, so they must be getin em cheap from somewhere.

If you do a bit of searching, you'll find a ebayer devoted to selling subs, jsut get it off them

voice chats gold only right?

Access to latest demos before the silvers.

Gold is needed for video chat, which let's face it no one does. Waiting a week for a demo is hardly anything, but really they should just be available for everyone. Demos serve to attract customers, not act like a privilege for people who are paying.

I would have thought it's more likely Sony go into a subscription system, look at that "Qore" thing they do that gives demo's early.

So should I give Mass Effect a go then?

Fable Pub games are pretty good imo. Nice to sit back and lose a load of money.

Yes, yes, for the love of god a thousand times yes.

I probably missed out on any deals, is it cheap anywhere. Like mega cheap, trying to save as much money as I can at the mo.

Fable Pub games are pretty good imo. Nice to sit back and lose a load of money.

Mass Effect is one of the best games the 360 has to offer IMO.

Fable Pub Games might aswell not be a game. I mean the whole spinner game is based on luck so you have to just sit there and hammer away on the A button until the thing decides to let you win.

You can get Mass Effect for about £10-15 second hand from Amazon Marketplace if need be.

I'm up to Ilos and damn is this game good; the story is engaging and the characterization is the best i've ever seen in a game - truly gripping stuff.

Now if Mass Effect 2 can iron out the omnipresent glitches, I could be looking at one of my favourite game series of all time. :)

First play through I thought Mass Effect was pretty average and hugely disappointing.

Second play through I loved it.

I loved Mass Effect, lately I've been wishing I could play it again but not really wanting to because I already had to finish it like... 7 times in order to get all the achievements.

You can get Mass Effect for about £10-15 second hand from Amazon Marketplace if need be.

Tenner new from Argos here, can collect from store too. This game isn't as great as I thought it'd be, and the star wars feel is putting me off a bit.

Tenner new from Argos here, can collect from store too. This game isn't as great as I thought it'd be, and the star wars feel is putting me off a bit.

How far in are you?

has anyone got "civilization revolution" i tryed the demo and my interest in it has leaped up. Would the game keep me busy for a while or is it a short game?

Mass Effect is one of the best games the 360 has to offer IMO.

Fable Pub Games might aswell not be a game. I mean the whole spinner game is based on luck so you have to just sit there and hammer away on the A button until the thing decides to let you win.

Yes it is all just the computer deciding when you win but I think it's alright. Especially with it being free. I'm glad I waited it out and didn't pay the points for it. I did good on the spinner game earlier. I did lose all of my chips but then bought back in. Then down to about 70 chips and luckily, very luckily, got a few of those free spin things. Had about 13 free spins.

Got back up to over 200 chips. So...I basically didn't win anything.

Thanking you. That's a nice price.

More news from the Valve camp.

Left 4 Dead has been delayed 16 days till the 20th of November. The 10th Anniversary of that fantastic game Half Life 2.

Left 4 Dead has been delayed 16 days till the 20th of November. The 10th Anniversary of that fantastic game Half Life 2.

Im really looking forward to that, 4 player co-op FTW!

Actually, thats the 10th anniversary of Half-Life 1... Hense HL1 came out in 1998.

Actually, thats the 10th anniversary of Half-Life 1... Hense HL1 came out in 1998.

I thought that would make it a bit old. Stupid Joystiq

acceptable tactical losses. That leaves room for Gow2 and L4D to shine, independently.

Damn looking at a Q3/4 release date list, i'm gonna be skint come the end of the year: Fable2, GOW2, Dead Space, and Fallout 3, all within a 2 week period. Plus Fifa09, Cod 5, Far Cry 2, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Mirror's Edge, EndWar...now that's a lineup Nintendo.

Nintendo don't do gaming any more. they do lifestyle bollocks and shovelware, remember?:heh: