NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Guys just started playing Halo 3 for the first time. Its the first Halo game I've ever played....and I'm really not enjoying the experience. Its awful! I just finished the second mission.

Firstly it just doesn't feel right for me...too floaty and i don't like the jump...way too high. The guns don't feel as if they're making any impact whatsoever...the plot is everywhere, although I think thats down to me being a Halo novice.

It irratates me more than anything. I don't find it fun at all, shooting all these random aliens. I'll definitely try and finish the game but right now, first impressions are disappointing.

It's te first halo i've ever played and the single player is laughably bad imo (god bored after 30minutes). That said, i think i've been spoiled by recently played CoD4 single player and having just completed Bioshock which opens very well.

The online however....:smile:

That said, i think i've been spoiled by recently played CoD4 single player and having just completed Bioshock which opens very well.

The online however....:smile:

I keep comparing it to COD4...as well as Bioshock which is one of my favourite games...might not be able to try it online since I am only borrowing the game, so I just wanna finish the single player tbh.

I keep comparing it to COD4...

This is your problem. You're comparing a technically excellent but over hyped crowd pleaser with possibly the best game ever.

The only other competitors for "best game ever", for me, our COD and COD2... I love Infinity Ward like Jordan hates Apple.

Halo3 campaign is a bit naff, but it offers undoubtedly one of the very finest multi player experiences you're ever likely to find, foul mouthed American teenagers notwithstanding.

My views on Halo 3 have not changed since last night. I thought: "maybe cos i'm tired, i''m not enjoying the game" so this morning i continued the single player and its still as annoying as hell. I'm just not getting on with it....I HATE IT!

Bayonetta Impressions

It's a shame that Sega hasn't released any screen shots of Bayonetta in action to share with you. Platinum Games' work on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 action game really deserves to be seen by more people -- this is the best looking game we've seen at Leipzig. It may sound like an odd proposition in print, a raven haired witch battles the forces of "good" with her mystical and impossibly groomed hair -- hair that also acts as her clothing -- along with a pair of pistol heels, but the style, sex appeal and mind blowing art direction of Bayonetta couldn't be more promising to fans of ass-kicking action.

Only in a game with a female lead could Bayonetta's contributions to the action genre make so much sense. A giant, mystical stiletto heel attack made of Bayonetta's black locks sounds silly in concept, yes, but in practice it's an enjoyable kick in the pants. Same for that flesh-eating dragon made of hair we saw during one boss fight and the balletic split kicks that rain gunfire in 360 degrees -- this shit looks cool.

But we kind of knew much of that going in to see Bayonetta for the first time. Fortunately, we learned a hell of a lot more at Sega's behind-closed-doors demo today about the title.

While we were initially led to believe that Bayonetta would rely on her handheld pistols and matching pistol boots to do her thing, Sega announced today that the heroine will also be able to switch, on the fly, to a different weapon set — a katana and a pair of shotgun boots. Honestly, we were just trying to keep up with all the frenetic action on screen, so we didn't really notice much of a difference in her attacks, but Bayonetta's dance moves of death looked good whatever she was wielding.

Players will be able to purchase new weapons (along with new moves) throughout the course of the game, we presume with the halos one collects from fallen foes. That should keep the tedium away, something we don't actually expect much of.

Remember that whole "best looking game we've seen at Leipzig" thing? That really wasn't so apparent until Bayonetta's producer showed us a brand new level, just revealed at GC.

While the initial demo stage takes place in a forgettable setting — yes, I already forgot about it — the new area was jaw-dropping. It takes place on the head of a clock tower, one that happens to be falling from the sky at maximum velocity. Bayonetta casually walks with her signature slink across the face of the clock as she fought off demonic angels. She did so with a mysterious female ally, both of whom were being circled by a massive, ornately decorated sky serpent. On top of the dozens of angels attacking, with clock towere debris falling in tandem and golden halos spilling everywhere, a massive winged mini-boss also attacked. With a body comprised of a decapitated marble statue head and serpentine arms, it wowed us with its artistic and technical achievements.

Seriously, this is a game so packed with visual flair and awesome creative direction that we might just snatch it up for its graphical achievements. It's fanboy spawning stuff. Sadly, we didn't get to go hands-on with Bayonetta, so we can't tell you how well it plays.

We're definitely going to be calling dibs on Tokyo Game Show appointments for the game, though. Just in case Sega gives us the controller at that event.

My views on Halo 3 have not changed since last night. I thought: "maybe cos i'm tired, i''m not enjoying the game" so this morning i continued the single player and its still as annoying as hell. I'm just not getting on with it....I HATE IT!

Then stop bitchin and turn it off, that or try playing single player with 3 more people, thats a lot more fun.

Just got an e-mail from GAME with a code for xbox live...

For pre-ordering Fable 2, I imagine it's the pub game? Is it out already? :S

Just checked my email and yeah its the Fable Pub code. Im suprised they have sent them out now as you could easliy just cancel your preorder and your left with a free XBLA game.

Just checked my email and yeah its the Fable Pub code. Im suprised they have sent them out now as you could easliy just cancel your preorder and your left with a free XBLA game.

It says on the Fable 2 page on GAME, that it would be sent out when Fable 2 is released....

Someones made a big whoopsy.

I have just pre-ordered Fable for that reason :p

Don't usually bother pre-ordering unless I find a particularly good deal, but a free game is a free game :smile:

It says on the Fable 2 page on GAME, that it would be sent out when Fable 2 is released....

Someones made a big whoopsy.

Well, the point of the Pub Games is to make money before getting the game so you can start with it.

Oooo, *checks my e-mail too*

Hurray got mine aswell <3 :yay:

Is there a site for 360 games to see if they're region free or not?

play-asia usually state whether a game is region free or not I think.

Also got my pub games code aswell. Considering I pre-ordered the game the day before the date the game came out I was sceptical. Awesome.

Now to cheat me some moneh.

So i've had my Xbox for 2 months and guess what?

I got the red lights of death :'( Ok, so who do i call? Also, will they fix it for free? I'm worried because I got the xbox off my cousin who had it for like 2-3 weeks so I don't have the receipt...

Oh and what happens to XBLA games...I assume that they're registered to my gamertag so I can redownload them if they send me a replacement..?

Oh and what happens to XBLA games...I assume that they're registered to my gamertag so I can redownload them if they send me a replacement..?

Generally you don't send them your HDD.

omg.

I opened the fridge door and left the xbox next to it for 10minutes and OMG it works again.

I'm so happy :D

Guys just started playing Halo 3 for the first time. Its the first Halo game I've ever played....and I'm really not enjoying the experience. Its awful! I just finished the second mission.

Firstly it just doesn't feel right for me...too floaty and i don't like the jump...way too high. The guns don't feel as if they're making any impact whatsoever...the plot is everywhere, although I think thats down to me being a Halo novice.

It irratates me more than anything. I don't find it fun at all, shooting all these random aliens. I'll definitely try and finish the game but right now, first impressions are disappointing.

I thought it was pretty bad as well to be honest. I totally see what the fuss is about with the multiplayer, but the single player I thought was fairly crap. I played through the whole lot co-op though which was what made it fun.

I have just pre-ordered Fable for that reason :p

Don't usually bother pre-ordering unless I find a particularly good deal, but a free game is a free game :smile:

Gizmo, considering you pre-ordered it today, have you already received your code? As I don't want to lay down a pre-order and then find out that they've stopped giving the codes out.

Pissed off really that they aren't sending these codes to stores and that it's online only it seems.

I was wondering if I was gonna gett my free game. At least I can have it for free but I was hoping to make some money beforehand. And no glitch either. Bummer.

Hang on. WTF. I must have got that completly wrong. I got the code too. Time to get some moneyz before the update to get rid of the glitch.

Gizmo, considering you pre-ordered it today, have you already received your code? As I don't want to lay down a pre-order and then find out that they've stopped giving the codes out.

Pissed off really that they aren't sending these codes to stores and that it's online only it seems.

Not yet no, it does say there will be a limited amount of them but it also says it includes people who pre-order it from yesterday onwards, so I would think theres some left.

Best probably to pre-order it now, if you don't get the code within the next week or so you can just cancel it.

Cheers Gizmo, just pre-ordered it online as well.

I even work at Game, so hoping those codes are sent to stores as well really.