NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Does anyone know when the new gears of war 1 pack is coming out? With the extra content, and if thers a price tag been announced? I wanna buy it again, its only a tenner in blockbuster, but dunno wether to wait.

It's the one that's GoW with some GoW2 gamertags/trailers/themes stuffec on a second disk, right?

Im not sure, i heard they were releasing one that had all the extra DLC that you had to pay for already included?

The map DLC's for GoW are free to download now. Think they have been free for awhile if i remember rightly.

Can anyone suggest a good 360 arcade stick? The controller is beginning to annoy me in Soul Calibur IV! I always wind up using a really wierd grip; index + middle finger of my right hand on the YBAX buttons, 3rd finger on RB and little finger on RT, left hand as normal. I'm thinking a stick will be a lot easier/faster.

So I've finally started playing Blue Dragon, I had it unplayed for around 11 months. Pretty solid. Strange the way the skills work. You have your shadow class... then skills based on that class. But you can look at these skills on the shadow menu and the seperate skills menu. It's like they overlap... or I'm missing something.

Here's a few snippets from an interview with RARE

On the return of Conker

Will we ever see that cute rodent Conker again? VideoGamer.com has another chat with Rare's Nick Burton about it,

"We'd be stupid if we didn't, like we have done with Banjo, if we didn't have Conker back at some point," said Burton. "But to continually do sequel after sequel after sequel for something is hard on the team because they get locked into a sequel mentality, so they don't do new things necessarily. And that can be bad for your staff in general, that can be bad just for morale... it's better to let things have a hiatus for a while."

Conker had so much attitude and you can never get enough of what he says. Only time will tell if the little guy will be seen again.

On making a sequel to Kameo

Nick Burton, Rare's senior software engineer has said he was keen to begin work on a Kameo sequel immediately after the first game was completed. VideoGamer.com has the interview with Burton,

"This is just me personally, I was very big for the second we got Kameo out, for hitting the deck running and going right we're doing Kameo 2, we're going to take 12 to 18 months to do it, bang, it's done," explained Burton. "But for one reason or another we didn't do that in the time frame where you could hit that sweet spot. So she's got to take a hiatus."

How long we'll need to wait before we see the sequel is currently uncertain, with Burton noting it depends on a lot of factors.

"That is the unknown. It could be short, it could be long. It depends on the team, it depends on the market, it depends on the portfolio from other studios. There's so many factors that get involved in making that decision that it's impossible to say at any one time.

"I could say to you now, no, 18 months at least. In reality, everything might come into alignment at the end of next week and suddenly it's like, yeah go and start doing that. And it might be out of our control. It might be because suddenly there's a massive gap in the portfolio where there's no games like that at all coming down the pipe in two years' time," said Burton. "And then if the resources were there, let's say Banjo's finished but they decide they want to do something different, and then there's this opening for Kameo, what I'm saying now could be completely wrong in three months, four months time. But it's not something that one studio can just go, yes we are going to do this now, because if you do that that's when you might time it wrong."

We might not see a sequel to Kameo for a while, but we do have games such as Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts to look forward to from Rare.

Source: xbox360achievements.org

I would love to see a sequel to Kameo, love that game to bits.

Started eternal sontata today.. pretty good stuff! I love the colourful graphics and the music is great aswell. I'm not sure about the battle system yet or the story yet and the cut scene go very slowly, but overall would say i'm enjoying it!

I've just been reading some threads about Braid and quite a lot of things have come to light that I over looked and just would never have thought of.

The constellation in the sky before you walk through to where the Worlds are. Apparently you collect stars in the levels to fill up the constellation. I'm not sure what for though.

I was too busy trying to figure out why I was just reversing time and watching myself go through the level backwards again and if I had done something wrong.

But if you actually thought about it, the Princess is in fact running away from you. It all starts when you get on that platform outside the Princess's window, well you were peeping on her. She's running away from you, pulling the levers to stop you from chasing her not to help you. Then the dialogue with the Knight is well done, she's asking the Knight to save her from you not to save her from the Knight. This game is seriously well done. To think that I spent a few days playing as a stalker.

You can also read all of the books in Level 1 apparently. I must try that.

And collecting the stars.

It's such a good, well thought out game.

I have downloaded the trail for Braid, might give it a go tonight and see what i think about the possible purchase as it seems to be popular with some ppl on this forum!

I have downloaded the trail for Braid, might give it a go tonight and see what i think about the possible purchase as it seems to be popular with some ppl on this forum!

Everyone is raving about it. Methinks I will follow Mikes actions and download the demo and see what happens from there.

Everyone is raving about it. Methinks I will follow Mikes actions and download the demo and see what happens from there.

Cool, i downloaded it last night but i'm in work today till bout half 4 so can't give it a go till later on. :(

Demo is pretty cool, and quite clever in places, but the full game doesn't look like it's that long.

Braid's a good game. It's clever and enjoyable. And the graphics are pretty sweet.

Looks like The Force Unleashed demo is coming on marketplace this Thursday! I cant wait to give this a go, will get me all hyped ready to see Clone Wars on Friday :)

Looks like The Force Unleashed demo is coming on marketplace this Thursday! I cant wait to give this a go, will get me all hyped ready to see Clone Wars on Friday :)

oh, superb.

been keeping an eye out for this. I'm a little concerned the control scheme might be beyond me (got a poor right hand. complicated...) so it'll be nice to give it a whirl first.

Just had an awesome sesh on COD4 online. Bloody good. I was getting bored of it but not so much now...

If I were to get another HDD for my 360 is there a way to transfer the data on it across from the new to the old?

If I were to get another HDD for my 360 is there a way to transfer the data on it across from the new to the old?

I think the 120GB Hard Drive comes with a cable for transferring stuff.

You should all head out to your local blockbusters for some crackin deals. I had a look in my local to find a whole new games section which took over half the shop. Aswell as the advertised games starting from £9.99 (Including John Woo and Gears for that price) They had a range of deals for games catagorised by release date. Cant remember the exact bundles because there were so many. There are also a number of games for a number of different prices under different deals. For example John woo was advertised for £10 but I picked it up (I think mispriced) in a 5 for £25 offer. So I went on a spree, having only gone to pick up Skunky Gears for £10. I purchased Kameo 2wice (Skunky was wondering wether to pick it up on the cheap so I got 2 EDIT ffs you bought it you pleb). I also got Fuzion Frenzy and Football manager 2006 (cocked up my gamerscore ending in a 5 or 0 so wanted to pick it up to finish after 2 years of waiting). So yea, head down to Blockys and grab yourself a bargain even if they havent put newer games in the bargain bin.

Fable 2's XBLA Pub games is up tomorrow. 800 points.

Does anyone know if, if you pre-order the limited edition over here you get the pub games free? America does but I can't find any info to say we do.

Bionic commando is out aswell. getting the pub game free would help there then.

Checking the Lionhead website is says when you pre-order from participating retailers you get the pub games.

*USA - GameStop, BBY, Circuit, Game Crazy, Amazon

UK - Game and GameStation

But it doesn't mention in store or online...reading the forums it looks like only instore.

Yea I ordered online. I got an email actually saying the release date had changed