NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Meh... it all kind of pales into insignificance when you realise that for all their graphical trickery and gimmicks while a lot of recent RPG's on the 360 may be "good" they still don't match the classics Imo.

*goes back to playing Chrono Trigger*

Agreed. This generation has sucked so far when it comes to RPG goodness.

The last good RPG I remember playing was Dragon Quest VIII on PS2. Lved that game. The classical music was effin superb as well!

After reading some hype on here I picked up Mass Effect pre-owned for a tenner today along with Lost Odyssey which was £15 pre-owned. Not a bad coup. Only problem is, which do I play first.

After reading some hype on here I picked up Mass Effect pre-owned for a tenner today along with Lost Odyssey which was £15 pre-owned. Not a bad coup. Only problem is, which do I play first.

I'll just say play Mass Effect first coz i have never played Lost Odyssey! lol.

RPGs suck get some halo/fifa/gta

Erm.. I already have Halo, PES and GTA..

RPGs suck get some halo/fifa/gta

RPGs require a basic level of understanding, while those games don't. Some people like to think during their games.

After the GTA IV special edition I refuse to buy another one until it's price is justified.

You also get the Fable Pub XBLA games for free with the collectors edition.

RPGs require a basic level of understanding, while those games don't. Some people like to think during their games.

lol, you do have to think while you play those, ok maybe GTA requires no thought, but the other 2 require a certain amount of skill to be decent at. A lot more skill than role playing titles anyways.

You also get the Fable Pub XBLA games for free with the collectors edition.

Wont they be rubbish?

Wont they be rubbish?

They're free and give you money in game... how can they be rubbish? :p

After the GTA IV special edition I refuse to buy another one until it's price is justified.

Good choice...I kind of stray away from collector's editions. It's usually just a money grabbing scam and what you get never justifies the extra cash.

I'll be getting that special edition. I wouldn't mind watching the making of DVD. I've seen all the devs diaries on the marketplace already and it's an interesting watch.

Agreed. This generation has sucked so far when it comes to RPG goodness.

Till Disgaea 3 hits, then it will own.

Mass Effect. I hate RPG's 99% of the time, and I think Mass Effect is fookin' awesome.

lol, you do have to think while you play those, ok maybe GTA requires no thought, but the other 2 require a certain amount of skill to be decent at. A lot more skill than role playing titles anyways.

Skill and thinking aren't the same. You can do well in University with no skills, but you need to think. Usually I prefer to think in games rather than waste my life becoming 'skilled' at a particular game online.

The reason RPGs usually require some thought is that there is usually a story involved of some notable worth (in contrast to FPS games like Halo where the story is of little interest). Then the dungeons often consist of puzzles to top it off.

re: RPGs. Mass Effect is probably my favourite ever. I can't stand bloody JRPG snorefests and ME was ace. Action packed, played great, good story, very good atmosphere. It's shits on the standard angsty teen saviour mob from lofty, windswept heights.

Disgaea® 3: Absence of Justice No.1 Honor Student Set OH BABY!!! :D

1. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

2. Disgaea® Custom Soundtrack (Songs voted on by the fans)

3. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Main Theme CD (Japanese Version - 3 Songs from each Disgaea Series game)

4. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice The Official Strategy Guide

5. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Digital Media Disc

6. (randomly one of the items below will be included)

# Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Original Soundtrack CD (Japanese Version: 2 Discs with 37 Songs)

OR

# Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Artbook (Japanese Version: 36 Page in Full Color)

OR

# Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice School Flag (Japanese Version: Featured as promotional items for the Japanese release)

I need that! http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=241

*Ejacs!*

*dodges Dom's cum shot*

Thats a little... excessive for a Special Edition?

I knew you would say that! Not long now, Dom :)

damn right! :D

*dodges Dom's cum shot*

Thats a little... excessive for a Special Edition?

Damn awesome for fans! So much goody content. It's the ultimate set, there's a limited one and a normal box too, kinda like Halo, but better.