NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Just played the PES demo. Fucking waste of bandwidth. Horrible, horrible gameplay. Feels like it could have been done on the PS freaking 1. Yes, PS 1, not 2. graphics are almost like the Simpsons. The only good thing about them are the player faces.

I deleted the demo after 1 game, and will go back to playing Fifa 08.

PC PES >>>>>>>> Every Console Football Game

Not any more IMO.

Tried the Ace Combat demo at matinists and all in all, very much enjoyed it.

It looks quite spectacular, especially the Rouge Squadron-esque cockpit view, with missiles and enemies exploding all around your aircraft. It all controls quite solidly too (though still nothing quite like the fluidity of Heatseeker on the Wii). Being forced to manually turn tail and run to end the level was a nice florish: I honestly felt a little bad leving the capital city and it's people to their fate.

I think my only complaint is the enemy AI - I'm sure it'll be tightened and ramped up before release, but in the demo you could quite happily drift around a crowded battle enviorment almost without suffering so much as a missile lock. Your allies could stand to be a tad busier too.

Still, as I said, looking good. Half naked men playing beach ball bonus level please Namco.

Only bad thing about Fifa to me is the way the player recieves the ball. If Fifa had it's own version of the super cancel, it would be amazing. I say it's own version, because the super cancel is broken in PES.

Yeah FIFA does need Super Cancel. although both games really shouldnt need one. I like the keepers in PES2008, they seem very much improved and the ref's seem very realistic. tackle from behind is a red card!

no black screen is very welcome also..

PES2008 demo is a joke! plays like a fun arcade game and not a 'simulation.'

the pace is crazy. plays way too fast. This build is the same as the shocking demo in Leipzig and is not the final build.

the physics are ridiculous, every ball skates across the grass. Everything is decided by the CPU so every pass you do is either perfect, or goes straight to the CPU. Its impossible to pass into space unless you use through balls.

oh and playing on top player is laughable. way to easy!!

the faces are amazing though and look so like real life.

Like I have said, this is a very old build..

After the first 5 minutes in game time you can just see the difference. I've already had a shot on goal on Regular difficulty, the through balls just go straight through the defence whereas Fifa they actually go for the ball. Many other things to say but it feels like PES6 with better graphics at the moment, and yes after 5 minutes game time.

Playing both game I'll probably get both.

Fifa I like with the physics, having to get positions right, making precision passes making sure not to give away the ball. I'm abysmal at this because I'm used to the through balls almost making it every time on PES. And the fast pace of PES is what I'm used to so Fifa will be a challenge when I get it.

A little bit more playtime, PES still has the annoying when changing player it stopes the player you changed to then finally gets him to move after the opposing player has already skipped ahead.

Yeah FIFA does need Super Cancel. although both games really shouldnt need one. I like the keepers in PES2008, they seem very much improved and the ref's seem very realistic. tackle from behind is a red card!

no black screen is very welcome also..

On ESPN NFL 2K5 on the Xbox, it has it so the CPU controls the player at first, but if you want to take control, you just move the analog stick. If Fifa had this, it would be awesome. That's what I basically meant by a super cancel. In PES it's broken because you can only use it while sprinting, and you can only run in 8 directions with it, and you have 2 hold 2 shoulder buttons to enable it.

I just can't take it any more...I'm going back to Pro Evo 4...

That was the last good PES game for sure. WE8LE is the best PES game ever though. Imagine PES 4 with improvements. Shame I don't have it anymore because I gave me WE collection away.

On ESPN NFL 2K5 on the Xbox, it has it so the CPU controls the player at first, but if you want to take control, you just move the analog stick. If Fifa had this, it would be awesome. That's what I basically meant by a super cancel. In PES it's broken because you can only use it while sprinting, and you can only run in 8 directions with it, and you have 2 hold 2 shoulder buttons to enable it.

That was the last good PES game for sure. WE8LE is the best PES game ever though. Imagine PES 4 with improvements. Shame I don't have it anymore because I gave me WE collection away.

That NFL2K5 idea sounds great. will have to mention that on the FIFA community board. Yeah WE8:LE was great!!

trust people a good FIFA game is good for everyone. It might just wake Seabass up again!!

Yes, please do mention it, mate. If Fifa 08 had it, it would be immense. I love the way Fifa plays like such an open, non scripted fiitball game. It's not perfect, but it's still great.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Aaron Greenberg, the Product Manager for Xbox and Xbox Live, said that Europe is Microsoft's priority right now.

"The No. 1 objective is to win on a global basis and that may mean winning some markets and losing others,'' said Greenberg in an interview at the Tokyo Game Show yesterday.

Hiroshi Kamide, a Tokyo-based games analyst at KBC Securities Japan, told Bloomberg:"It's difficult to see Microsoft capturing a significant share. After two years on the market, Xbox's position in the country is such that it makes you wonder whether further efforts are even worth it.''

Makes a nice change that someone is think of us euro peeps for a change. I have to say though that Microsoft and those companies who support the 360 platfrom do a great job of getting games to us very close to the yanks release dates.

Sounds good. They've already started with Halo.

Let's hope they continue with other games.

Makes sense to make an effort to please an entire continent with far more people in it than a single country.

Just played the PES 2008 Demo....

Whoever thinks this is not a good game needs their heads checked...

It's incredibly fun Deffo getting this

Just played the PES 2008 Demo....

Whoever thinks this is not a good game needs their heads checked...

It's incredibly fun Deffo getting this

Yes it is fun but it is is realistic?? If you like 100mph football, creating tons of chances and scoring lots of goals you will love it but other people will not like the direction PES/Winning Eleven is going.

It still seems too scripted for me . Two/Three passes and you are comfortably on the wing with the over paced runners of your choice. the running animation is horrible, looks like they skating on ice.

the game still has the usual problem when your fullback fails to understand you need him on the flank. you need to turn 360 before he makes a run.

I think your being way over critical tbh, I didnt notice any of those problems and at best scored 2 goals in a game. And Ronaldos running animation in particular is spot on, looks like the real thing

defo, I played three games, once I drew and twice I won 1-0 each.....feels great when you make an opening to score.

maybe it just me but i finding it easy to score goals. (pass the ball to a winger, run pass the full-back who most of the time won't do anything to stop you, cross and score).

I honestly can not see any improvement in the A.I. I can attack the RW for example all game and the CPU is not doing anything to combat this. Where is this TeamVision Konami were making a big deal about.. I still have not lost a game yet.

watch the physics when you pass the ball, It doesn't bobble, it doesn't move, it does nothing when it leaves a player's foot. The ball becomes stuck to the ground until it reaches the pass target.

Long passes are very strange also. In FIFA they sometimes can be a bit too floaty. In the PES2008 demo it is like the ball has a rocket attached to it. it reaches the target well too quick.

I downloaded the Pro Evo demo last night. Fuck me, it's got me more excited about it than before. Can't bloody wait.

Also downloaded the FIFA 08 demo last night. Fuck me, it was rubbish...

Yea, after finally downloading the demo, the demo is awesome. Way better than I expected.

The link in the email to get the label I need to print out and stick on my Xbox 360 to send it to get repaired DOESN'T BLOODY WORK!

Fucking UPS!

Gah!!!!

Just got back from Huddersfield Uni and found out that the Microsoft competition, the XNA one I think, where you develop a game and it could go on the Arcade.

Huddersfield came second and the game the students made Yo Ho Kablamo looks really good. I didn't play it, and it'll look different from what I saw apparently but it looks great.

does anyone know of loads of ways of making your xbox 360 cooler so it won't get 3 red lights of death

or basicly preventing a 360 frm getting it