NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

PS3 in terms of games at launch is going to have nothing on 360.

Online support is lackluster.

Its gunna cost you alot more to buy a PS3.

All very true. The 360 really came into its own last year with a great selection of games, now would be a great time to pick one up.

Ok, It's my birthday today, and I didn't ask for anything for my birthday, as I was thinking of getting PS3 in march. However, I was wondering whether you guys could convince me otherwise into getting a 360. It just means I actually have something to instead of waiting another month to get a present.

Any help appreciated.

A 360, with the huge back catalogue of already existing games, large library of LIVE users , ease of LIVE, Gears of War. A heck of a lot cheaper than the PS3 also...which has barely any games worth mentioning, and not 1 above 9.0/10.0 from GameRankings.com. I am having an absolute blast on LIVE. Controllers better too.

Also, I used to be very ANTI-XBOX.

PS Happy Birthday!!!

I used to be a Nintendo first man but ever since getting a 360 just over a month ago I would have to say its the way to go! Loads of great games have already come out and about one must buy game is going to come out every month! PS3 and 360 will have a lot of ports but the 360 will always have a huge advantage since it has the gamerscore thing, which I'm loving, and it has a brilliantly developed online community! Playing the 360 makes me wander 'whats so great about this motion sensing mumbo-jumbo!'...and rumble really does matter, the sound of the engine in PGR 3 combined with the rumble really gets me hyped! Shame there isn't a speaker in the controller...

I Still prefer the Wii, because it is generally better and will have better games (Or rather games that I prefer) but if Wii doesnt get online....360 will win. LIVE is sickeningly good.

Also, I used to be very ANTI-XBOX.

As was I, I remember dissig the 360 because of that video I saw where a person turned it on its side while a disc was running and it left a big scratch. Then I kept reading this thread and it sounded better and better. I got one eventually.

Are people still up for Saturday night Gears/PGR3?

I too use to be anti-Xbox, bought a 360 after seeing some of Gears, love my huge noisy warm box of joy. And Viva Pinata in non-crap shocker!.. I don't think I'm getting the hang of it though.

I used to be anti-Xbox. Then I turned 11.

Get the 360 man. A console that's been out for a year with tons of good games > A console that just launched with just a handful.

I originally bought into XBOX around the time Burnout 3: Takedown came out. Was worth it, i ended up buying a 360 obviously. I just hope this time next year i will love my Wii as much as my 360.

The library of my 360 games is nearly at the same amount as my CUbe games. I didnt but many cube games, however that was over 5 or so years. The 360's been out for over a year and its up to the same amount nearly.

I dont know whether to get Crackdown, I'm really trying to save up for stuff, my next thing is an ipod video, but I want Crackdown. I need a job :(

As was I, I remember dissig the 360 because of that video I saw where a person turned it on its side while a disc was running and it left a big scratch. Then I kept reading this thread and it sounded better and better. I got one eventually.

Oh man, I will definitely try and get on this Saturday! Do you know approx what time. (Good TV on, on Saturday)...Oh wait...dang think Im seeing Hot Fuzz. Hmmm. Well....We'll have to see.

Oh man, I will definitely try and get on this Saturday! Do you know approx what time. (Good TV on, on Saturday)...Oh wait...dang think Im seeing Hot Fuzz. Hmmm. Well....We'll have to see.

Usually its late, like at 9 or 10. Its a saturday so I can stay on for the whole night if i wanted to.

Ok, It's my birthday today, and I didn't ask for anything for my birthday, as I was thinking of getting PS3 in march. However, I was wondering whether you guys could convince me otherwise into getting a 360. It just means I actually have something to instead of waiting another month to get a present.

Any help appreciated.

You could get a 360 + a decent back catalogue of games for the price of the PS3. Thats the argument done, right there.

For example:

360 Premium + Extra Wireless Controller + Smackdown vs Raw 2007 + PGR3 + Live Arcade - £300 (GAME)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter + The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - £40 (Argos)

Viva Pinata + Perfect Dark Zero - £40 (Argos)

Live Vision Camera with 12-Month Live Subscription - £45 (HMV, with voucher)

Total: £425 - The same price as the PS3 Console on its own! And for that you get 7 games, 2 controllers, the web-cam and around 15 months of Xbox Live (the console + some games include 1 month vouchers).

The Argos games are just 4 from their 2 for £40 deal: http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44423

You could get a 360 + a decent back catalogue of games for the price of the PS3. Thats the argument done, right there.

For example:

360 Premium + Extra Wireless Controller + Smackdown vs Raw 2007 + PGR3 + Live Arcade - £300 (GAME)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter + The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - £40 (Argos)

Viva Pinata + Perfect Dark Zero - £40 (Argos)

Live Vision Camera with 12-Month Live Subscription - £45 (HMV, with voucher)

Total: £425 - The same price as the PS3 Console on its own! And for that you get 7 games, 2 controllers, the web-cam and around 15 months of Xbox Live (the console + some games include 1 month vouchers).

The Argos games are just 4 from their 2 for £40 deal: http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44423

Now thats value for money! :)

Right guys, sorry to momentarily hijack the thread but, seing as ill have a load of extra cash after i buy the console, i ahve more money for games. etc.

I was thinking i'd get:

12 Month Xbox Live Gold for 32.99

Gears of War, Crackdown, Dead rising, possibly viva pinata at some point. Any others? (i know there are plenty) and NOT, PGr3.

My 360 was third hand and I got it fixed fine, it was even registered to someone else at first and I had to change this before they would fix it.

As soon as you get it, try to register it, the chances are it wont be registered already, if it is you'll need to phone customer support who will give you a code which you need to give to the guy who you bought it from and get him to give it to MS, then you should be good to go.

Holy Moly! I just played PGR 3 online, on cat and mouse mode! Even though I lost both rounds it was so much effing fun!!!

I love smashing into other cars as fast as I can! None of this racing malarky!!!

Right guys, sorry to momentarily hijack the thread but, seing as ill have a load of extra cash after i buy the console, i ahve more money for games. etc.

I was thinking i'd get:

Gears of War, Crackdown, Dead rising, possibly viva pinata at some point. Any others? (i know there are plenty) and NOT, PGr3.

Tony Hawks project 8, Saints Row and Condemned all look good!

Usually its late, like at 9 or 10. Its a saturday so I can stay on for the whole night if i wanted to.

Of course :D I'm up for it, I was going to say 9 or 10, but like you, any time is fine by me.

Holy Moly! I just played PGR 3 online, on cat and mouse mode! Even though I lost both rounds it was so much effing fun!!!

I love smashing into other cars as fast as I can! None of this racing malarky!!!

You up for joining in the fun on Saturday? Doesn't matter if you're rubbish, I'm not exactly a master.

And to anyone thinking of getting a 360, I say go for it. Pick up Gears of War, Oblivion, PGR3, Viva Pinata, obviously get Live, and also make sure to pick up Geometry Wars and Lumines off Live Arcade. Both great, even though Lumines ends up expensive, it is good if you give it a chance.

Plus Marble Blast Ultra is a really good game. Cloning Clyde is really quite fun. I havnt played it in ages, but when I did I got to about 98 in the high score tables. I didnt know how to get my score up anymore.

Cool, saturday it is. I havnt played Gears in ages, need to finish it in Insane yet.

I was thinking i'd get:

Maybe Lost Planet, buy points and buy Lumines

Maybe Lost Planet, buy points and buy Lumines

I played Lumines just and I'm getting a tiny bit better at it, and it was fecking cool. Well done Tak, recommended a gem there.

I think im just not going to buy anything for a while and see how the future turns out for all of the consoles. I mean, if ive lasted this long then sure i can wait another few months?

I loved the GC when i got it, but it was really good cause it had been out for 1/2 years and there were loads of great games for it. Granted 360 has been out for a while, but i think ill give each console a chance to get some more good software out.

Its more practical that way, because i have a more informed decision. But i see why everyone get them early; they want to play the next gen stuff! its been a good 6 years!