NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Does anyone else feel like it's been such a slow, unexciting year for gaming so far? In November, things went crazy, and Skyrim and Dungeon Defenders have tided me over quite nicely since their release. March is looking fantastic. But it feels like a real drought in between. I'm really looking forward to SSX and Mass Effect 3, as well as the new Naruto game, but it feels like they're taking forever to arrive.

It hasn't bothered me too much as I am always playing catch up this time of year!

But not long till ME3 now! :D

I started and finished The Darkness II yesterday and I have to say that it's not a patch on the original game. Now I loved the first one and was pretty excited for the sequel, but the game is just far too short and easy. I think total campaign time was around the 5 hour mark. You do get another little campaign to do in the form of Vedetta, but even that is only about a couple of hours long.

I own the first Darkness game, Have started it, but never got very far into.

How long was the first one then if the 2nd is only 5 hours?

Does anyone else feel like it's been such a slow, unexciting year for gaming so far? In November, things went crazy, and Skyrim and Dungeon Defenders have tided me over quite nicely since their release. March is looking fantastic. But it feels like a real drought in between. I'm really looking forward to SSX and Mass Effect 3, as well as the new Naruto game, but it feels like they're taking forever to arrive.

I can't wait for this. The last game was freaking awesome and this one looks even better. Here's the achievements for the game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-generation/achievements/

I own the first Darkness game, Have started it, but never got very far into.

How long was the first one then if the 2nd is only 5 hours?

Much longer, probably around 12 hours first playthrough.

I've got a local rental shop that offers weekly rentals for 4 AUD (like, ?3ish) on select (read: old) titles; Played Mafia II through rather solidly, only needing the collectables achievements but figured it wasn't worth another $4 just to get those. Played TMNT and got all 1000G in like 4 hours - ridic. Currently been playing Godfather: The Game for 30 hours/1 week and a day - for an xbox/2006 game it is quite meaty, albeit rather repetitive and, in many ways, massively dated. Did anyone else catch this title, or have any memories?

There rental shop doesn't have a very large catalogue of weekly rentals on offer, but I think there were two or three maayyybe titles left to try, including duke nukem - then I think I'll have to go halves with my cousin on Skyrim.

Anyone noticed since the dashboard updates it seems to sign in twice and takes for aaaaaaages.

Rumour has it that (new) Arcade games from June 1st will be worth 400 achievement points rather than 200.

Rumour has it that (new) Arcade games from June 1st will be worth 400 achievement points rather than 200.

Interesting... if true then I think this may have a lot to do with developer RedLynx pushing the boundaries of what to expect from an arcade title with the release of Trials Evolution as from what I've seen that title is more than just a simple sequel as not only does it appear to retain all the elements that made the original Trials HD such a fantastic title but it looks like they've added a lot more.

Simultaneous online multiplayer will undoubtedly be one of its main selling points but what intruiges me more is the level editor which looks to be extremely powerful and versatile especially for a downloadable game, interestingly it seems not only to allow you to create tracks but actual slef-contained mini-games within the confines of the games engine... that's what it looked like from the latest trailer anyway.

June 1st would seem a likely date for it so I'm gonna call it now, if this gamerscore increase is going to happen for all/some XBLA titles then Trials Evolution will most lkely be the game that launches it, if I'm wrong then the game will just come out even earlier with less gamerscore - if the rumour is even true - but either way I can't wait for it. :D

Interesting... if true then I think this may have a lot to do with developer RedLynx pushing the boundaries of what to expect from an arcade title with the release of Trials Evolution as from what I've seen that title is more than just a simple sequel as not only does it appear to retain all the elements that made the original Trials HD such a fantastic title but it looks like they've added a lot more.

Simultaneous online multiplayer will undoubtedly be one of its main selling points but what intruiges me more is the level editor which looks to be extremely powerful and versatile especially for a downloadable game, interestingly it seems not only to allow you to create tracks but actual slef-contained mini-games within the confines of the games engine... that's what it looked like from the latest trailer anyway.

June 1st would seem a likely date for it so I'm gonna call it now, if this gamerscore increase is going to happen for all/some XBLA titles then Trials Evolution will most lkely be the game that launches it, if I'm wrong then the game will just come out even earlier with less gamerscore - if the rumour is even true - but either way I can't wait for it. :D

Major Nelson has just confirmed the story on his blog, games can start having 400 GS from April and it becomes mandatory in June

link

Widespread reports of Xbox 360 Achievements being wiped

Eurogamer has been alerted to widespread reports of Xbox 360 Achievements being completely wiped.

Numerous readers have written in with personal accounts of their score and Achievement tally disappearing.

The Xbox.com forums are awash with complaints of a similar nature.

The Xbox Support Twitter account is telling worried gamers that Microsoft is "looking into this right now".

Eurogamer has contacted Microsoft for comment.

More to follow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-13-widespread-reports-of-xbox-360-achievements-being-wiped

I wonder what would happen if HoT's achievements were erased...

I wonder what would happen if HoT's achievements were erased...

Suicide springs to mind.

I'm scared, I don't want to sign in to Live.

You think companies like Microsoft don't back up their databases? Nothing to worry about.

Just signed in now and my cheevos are fine, but I did see something on facebook before stating the problem was sorted!

<Wipes sweat from brow>

Man, I'd forgotten how much fun Dead Island was. Got 1000g at around the 50 hour mark. Wee bit annoying how, because there's been DLC released, it doesn't count as a 100% completed game. Minor niggle, but hey.

Next up, some Dead Space 2. Been playing it for like 30 minute sessions, about 4 hours in and already on the 2nd disc. Wtf?

Okay, this is a total noob question, but I can't find this anywhere in the settings; does anyone know how to turn off the 4 button password when signing in? I find it kind of annoying... :heh:

There's a 4 button password?

Anyway, Google says to go to Family Settings, then Xbox Live Settings.

Ballsed up a little today; bought some gamerpoints in-store. According to customer services, there's different laws concerning "point payment schemes" in different regions, and as such, both points and gamer accounts are 'region locked'. Which means if you buy points and scratch off the foil stuff, you can't return the card in-store and you can't get the points on your 'foreign' account.

However, due to the admittedly rather nicely broad licensing regulations MS have in place, it is possible to simply create a new Australian account to which the code is redeemed, then once DLC is downloaded onto the console any other profile logged in can play it! Phew.

Alternatively you could've flogged the code on ebay or something and bought your points from shopto or ebay.co.uk (plenty of instant digital deliveries available). I got some on ebay last week for about £15 and the code was emailed to me in about 2 minutes.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default sign in profile? Emma's GT signs in automatically but she rarely plays on the 360 so every time I use it I have to waste time signing out and in again.