NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I can't imaging those looking good from the moment you touch them.

If I ever buy a new 360 pad, that'll probably be it though I bought the original silver pad with the new d-pad, only thing that annoyed me slightly after a while is how the buttons aren't their original colours but it wasn't really a deal-breaker seeing as the layout has always been instinctive but I do like the fact that they've reinstated the colours for these. :)

Although...

I can't imagine those looking good from the moment you touch them.

This is a minor concern, fingerprints will surely show up on them very easily indeed but the thing I'd be more concerned about is the coating... is it substantial enough to not be worn away over time in a way that'd make the pad look... odd :p a lot of my old 360 pads went 'shiny' as the surface wears away over time, if they are durable though then they seem pretty decent. :D

Alternatively you could've flogged the code on ebay or something and bought your points from shopto or ebay.co.uk (plenty of instant digital deliveries available). I got some on ebay last week for about £15 and the code was emailed to me in about 2 minutes.

Difficult at the moment as I'm living a cash-only lifestyle :P

I found some of these deals on Zavvi;

if anyone's interested.

Gears of War 3: Steelbook Edition Xbox 360- £19.95

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/gears-of-war-3-steelbook-edition/10531599.html

Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 Double Pack Xbox 360- £12.95

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/assassin-s-creed-1-and-2-double-pack/10584661.html

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: Limited Edition Xbox 360- £34.95

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-xbox-360-limited-edition-zavvi-exclusive/10574262.html

Devil May Cry: HD Collection Xbox 360- £23.85

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/devil-may-cry-hd-collection/10568481.html

Silent Hill HD Collection Xbox 360- £22.95

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/silent-hill-hd-collection/10480723.html

btw does anyone have or is planning to get Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations?

I'm going to play the Wii & 360 at the end of May (last exam)

Microsoft is set to roll-out TV-style advertising for Xbox Live, with 15-30 second spots set to run within TV and video apps.

The deal also confirms new channels coming soon to US gamers, including anime-streaming from Manga Entertainment.

"With the growth of Xbox Live, advertisers no longer have to choose between digital and TV advertising - we're offering the impact of TV and the interactivity and addressability of digital in one platform," said Microsoft's Ross Honey, general manager of Xbox Live Entertainment and Advertising.

"As more and more industry leaders like ESPN work with us to help monetize their content on Xbox Live, TV media buyers win with the ability to extend their standard TV spots to this highly engaged consumer audience."

Microsoft has recently enjoyed a huge increase in advertising revenue from Live. The service has earned Microsoft 142 per cent more ad cash since 2010.

US Gold subscribers now spend an average of 84 hours a month signed in to Xbox Live, with entertainment app usage recently surpassing online multiplayer gaming for the first time.

This is getting a bit nuts now.

It won't be long until Zune is renamed to become part of Xbox Live.

This is getting a bit nuts now.

Yeah...

If Microsoft were nice and they are racking it in with all this advertising they could always make a gold subscription free... lol.

Or make it that you pay for subscription and by doing so don't have to see the adverts! :p

I watch TV on the 360 though and very occasionally use the Youtube/Vevo Ap so this wont really effect me.

It won't be long until Zune is renamed to become part of Xbox Live.

Did you know this was happening? :heh:

Microsoft will reportedly preview its new music service, code-named Woodstock, at E3 2012.

The cross-platform offering will operate on Xbox 360, Windows 8 PCs, phones and tablets, plus Android and iOS devices. It will completely replace the current Zune brand.

Woodstock will be browser-based, Verge reports, but run without plugins.

Spotify-eque social playlist sharing, Facebook features and iTunes Match-style library integration are also likely.

Microsoft's E3 demo will come some months ahead of Woodstock's launch, according to the report. The final product is set to be released alongside the first wave of Windows 8 devices due later this year.

MGS HD Collection arrived, I'll post some pics later.

I hope you enjoy them as much as i have enjoyed them.

Edit: I was asked if i was interested in getting Prototype II the other day whilst in GAME (it happened to be an employee who asked). He said i'd like it if i liked the 1st one, which i did for 10 minutes. I'll give it a miss, the 1st wasn't too great to be fair.

Edited by Jimbob

How tacky. Does it play God Save the Queen when you power it on?

No (to the console and to the tunage)

End of discussion

But... I wanted to discuss it :(

No. End of discussion

(it's tacky to begin with, and very untasteful)

UPDATE: We've just heard back from Microsoft: "We haven't made any announcements and we don't comment on rumor or speculation."

ORIGINAL STORY: Microsoft is to launch an Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle priced at just $99, according to a report from The Verge.

However, that low price will be offset by a monthly subscription fee of $15 to run for two years, which will include Xbox Live Gold membership and "possibly some additional streaming content from cable providers or sports package providers".

That adds up to a total outlay of $459. The current Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle sells for around $299, while two years of Xbox Live Gold membership is around $120.

According to The Verge's inside source, any customers who want out of the deal ahead of time will have to pay a termination fee.

It's thought that Microsoft's thinking behind the offer is to better position its console as a competitor to Apple TV, Roku and PlayStation 3.

If true I imagine it will be officially announced at E3.

Hm, strange angle if it's true. Bringing consoles somewhere in line with mobile phone contracts.

two years of Xbox Live Gold membership is around $120.

Is it really $60 to renew Gold in the US? I just renewed mine for £26 which is more like $40.

Is it really $60 to renew Gold in the US? I just renewed mine for £26 which is more like $40.

May I ask where from? My Live runs out this weekend.

I got my renew for £24 last year from Microsoft themselves.

I rang up to cancel the auto renew and they came out with some 'because i'm a long running loyal customer bla bla bla' they offered me a renewal at that price.

May I ask where from? My Live runs out this weekend.

Go to Marketplace on your console then Featured > Love Live. That's the best price you can get through the console except...

The best price you can get altogether is if they offer you 2 months for £2 through the dash, this is account specific but would only be £12/year if it continues to be available.

Other best price is to call Xbox like Mike says, they tend to give it you for £24 and if you barter they might even throw in some points depending on what mood they're in.

Cheers, Shorty. Problem is that I don't want to put my new card details on my Xbox. My last card ran out at the start of the year and i'm trying not to put my new card on as it makes buying MS points far too easy. :D

Ha, put your card on, then disable automatic renewal and change your billing address through xbox.com. Payments won't go through on your xbox then unless you go on your PC and fix your address.*

* don't count on this

I see Microsoft is streaming their E3 conference on Xbox Live. They should have done this years ago.

I see Microsoft is streaming their E3 conference on Xbox Live. They should have done this years ago.

No.

What they should do is to make all the E3 demos playable for the week of E3.