NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Don't bother, you're wasting your breath -__-

Thats true, i havn't changed yet.

New dash is apparantly being released to the public tomorrow.

Well, it's the 6th and the new dashboard doesn't appear to be live yet... perhaps it goes live at a specific time.

Well, it's the 6th and the new dashboard doesn't appear to be live yet... perhaps it goes live at a specific time.

Their updates tend to come at around 6pm GMT

Scratch that, this one is coming at 3pm

Just read on twitter that major nelson has confirmed the update has been slightly delayed, no news on why or when we are getting it.

Well no dash update yet but my xbox has stopped syncing with my pads !!

And my Xbox keeps updating every time I play a game, never had this before and I know how you're supposed to 'fix' it - clear the cache - but it all feels too coincidental being so close to the update.

Well, the dash hasn't arrived on the 6th. Delayed until further notice i guess.

Downloaded the update, liking it so far but it'll take a little bit of getting used to...

Managed to download an 'app' by voice with Kinect not even havign to touch the controller so the integration seems solid enough but I'm not really liking the fact that when you sign in to Xbox Live you're immediately seeing adverts... of course it's effective advertising but it's annoying to the user, or at least to me. :sad:

But overall I guess it looks nicer but it'll be a week or so before it really proves its worth with me.

My mate's getting her boyfriend a bigger HDD for his xbox as part of his xmas present. Does anyone here have a transfer cable I can borrow for a couple of weeks?

transfer caaaaable!!

Will pay for postage and return the cable!

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doublepost

Just been shopping at Morrisons and picked up Lord of the Rings: War in the North and Batman: Arkham City for £25 each. I originally went to Tesco's to look for Rayman as apparently they are selling it for £22, but my store didn't look to have stocked it in the first place.

I've just popped on GAME and seen they are doing Rayman for £25, Lego Harry Potter 2 for £22 and their daily deal is L.A. Noire for £9.99. I've snapped those up aswell. Merry Christmas H-o-T. :D

My mate's getting her boyfriend a bigger HDD for his xbox as part of his xmas present. Does anyone here have a transfer cable I can borrow for a couple of weeks?

transfer caaaaable!!

Will pay for postage and return the cable!

Is this the first cable that came out that's for the original style 360's? If so I think I have you that I will happily send off. You can keep it aswell as it's useless for the new 360 models.

I've just popped on GAME and seen they are doing Rayman for £25, Lego Harry Potter 2 for £22 and their daily deal is L.A. Noire for £9.99. I've snapped those up aswell. Merry Christmas H-o-T. :D.

Ooooo, I'm snapping up a copy of Lego Harry Potter 2 for that price! (Great games for co-op imo)

Went on their website just then and it's listing L.A. Noire at £9.99 as well but it's out of stock, bummer!

Yes it is :) PMing you my address if that's ok?

Yeah, that's fine and don't worry about any payment. I won't be using it again and it will cost pennies to send it. Who should I make the parcel out to? I will get it shipped out to you on Monday.

2011.jpg

This is what you're after, isn't it? No other wires needed or anything? I honestly can't remember as I haven't used it in many a moon.

Yeah I think that's it... I don't really know either! Will PM you name (though sending it to jayseven would be fine by me :P)

Hi has anybody tried the cloud save system on the new dashboard yet? Do your achievments register to your profile if you gain them on another xbox 360? Does it automatically sync your saves when you go back on your own Xbox?

I haven't been able to try it yet as my gold has just run out & i'm waiting for my nrw 3 month to arrive!

Has anyone noticed how Xbox have screwed up the downloads system?

Before, I could start a download and go and do something else on the Xbox, or disconnect the controller to save battery. The download just went into the background and you could see it by going to guide - Active Downloads.

Now, leaving the screen just cancels the download. The only on-screen option is "Cancel Download" and turning off the controller or hitting the guide button will just stop the download, and you have to find it and "Download Again" (thankfully, it carries on from where it stopped).

Edit: It even happens when your controller turns off because you haven't touched it in a while.

And when I went to download again, the download impossibly went from 12% to 99% (It's 2GB) so I'm pretty sure it'll be corrupt if it ever moves above 99%.

Edited by Cube

Downloaded the app today for Youtube.

Really like the full intergration, easy to navigate and search, comes up full screen when watching vids and quality is better than I expected (I was expecting some slow down, big jaggies due to it filling TV). (standard vids)

Just watched the Captain America trailer (HD vid), had black border top and bottom (not unexpected) but quality is as you would expect... excellent! Also just watched Men in Black 3 trailer in HD and that was full screen but still excellent quality! :)

Edited by Mike1988uk

Has anyone noticed how Xbox have screwed up the downloads system?

Before, I could start a download and go and do something else on the Xbox, or disconnect the controller to save battery. The download just went into the background and you could see it by going to guide - Active Downloads.

Now, leaving the screen just cancels the download. The only on-screen option is "Cancel Download" and turning off the controller or hitting the guide button will just stop the download, and you have to find it and "Download Again" (thankfully, it carries on from where it stopped).

Edit: It even happens when your controller turns off because you haven't touched it in a while.

And when I went to download again, the download impossibly went from 12% to 99% (It's 2GB) so I'm pretty sure it'll be corrupt if it ever moves above 99%.

Are you trying to download something in game or straight from the marketplace? The former has always behaved slightly differently, not allowing you to download in the background etc.

Just tried the 360 Youtube app as well. Unfortunately it looks like its got the same problem as watching Youtube videos on the PS3, unless you watch it in HD then the quality is not great. I'll go back to using my PS3 for Youtube I think with the ps3youtube.com address.

Are you trying to download something in game or straight from the marketplace? The former has always behaved slightly differently, not allowing you to download in the background etc.

It was downloading in game (as that's the only way to do it with the Season Pass), but it's still ridiculous.

Should be going round a friend's on Saturday for a gaming day. Somewhat out of the loop at the moment so good multiplayer games (not COD :p). Aaaaand go!

[/vague]

For split-/same-screen gaming you're probably best off with XBLA titles. There's a whole lot to choose from, so you'll need to be a bit more specific about what you're looking for.

Failing that, rent Rayman Origins.