NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I hope that's not true, I'm really not interested in the Wii U/tablet controls. They don't even make sense, giving you two things to look at and no doubt hugely hiking up prices. It's just a neverending battle to out-innovate each other that seems to be bringing all kinds of crappy controls and cheesy ideas to the table.

I've been playing tons of Skyrim recently, which has lead to an issue with my 360. Every time the DVD drive is in use, it makes a loud buzzing noise, which is extremely distracting. Plus I've started to notice the game stutter/lag every so often. Bear in mind that I have the Slim 250GB version, and I've had it since it was first released.

Obviously, installing the game has helped, but is there anything I can do to fix this? Is my 360 going to die soon?

I have a noisy disk drive in my 250GB new model too :/

But I think Skyrim just stutters and lags because... it's a Bethesda game.

Oh, it's a common issue then? Well, that does suck!

And I was thinking the lag might be because of the game, but I jus needed to be sure. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm going to get one of the new slim xboxs and was wondering if anyone would say I needed the 250GB as opposed to the 4GB?

I don't use it for anything other than gaming (i.e. no pictures or music storage) and barely get any demos and even if I do, I delete them soon after. So I was thinking the 4GB but don't want to get it and then fully regret buying such a small amount.

Got another question.

I had to cancel my XBox Live Gold subscription due to lack of funds and was wondering, where is the cheapest place I can get a gold sub? The best I've seen is £30 on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper elsewhere. I got the 1 month for £1 deal, so that should last me until I get monies in anyway, but I just need a price for future reference.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Got another question.

I had to cancel my XBox Live Gold subscription due to lack of funds and was wondering, where is the cheapest place I can get a gold sub? The best I've seen is £30 on Amazon, but I'm hoping to find it cheaper elsewhere. I got the 1 month for £1 deal, so that should last me until I get monies in anyway, but I just need a price for future reference.

Thanks if anyone can help.

To be honest, i can't really find any place selling Gold for that low a price.

I'm going to get one of the new slim xboxs and was wondering if anyone would say I needed the 250GB as opposed to the 4GB?

Id say get 250GB, 4 is 2 low an amount, just with game updates, XBLA games or if you decided to buy some dlc it will quickly eat away at it and it will have run out.

If you've used ShopTo before (you need to have used your card to make other purchases), they have an instant access code for £30.

I hate how there is no leeway so it practically forces you to get 250GB. I have a few xbox live games but not many.

I don't use it for anything other than gaming (i.e. no pictures or music storage) and barely get any demos and even if I do, I delete them soon after. So I was thinking the 4GB but don't want to get it and then fully regret buying such a small amount.

4GB is crippling. Demos aren't usually huge but Arcade games are the kicker. These days they come in around 1gb each and you simply can't manage the space. That, combined with the wealth of excellent DLC, means you're basically locking yourself off from some of the system's best games and content.

Buy a 250gb. You won't regret it.

Agreed, get yourself a 250gb model. It's practically the only way you'll be able to enjoy the quality content that XBL can provide.

More Rumours

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/01/24/report-next-xbox-six-times-as-powerful-as-xbox-360-ships-q4-2013/

Next Xbox Six Times as Powerful as Xbox 360, Ships Q4 2013

The latest, from IGN, says the next Xbox is taking form, with an estimated 6X boost over Microsoft's current console and a ship date of late 2013.

IGN reports today that "mass production of the system's GPU will indeed begin by the end of 2012," a GPU that "will be akin to the Radeon HD 6670, which offers support for DirectX11, multidisplay output, 3D and 1080p HD output."

IGN's unnamed sources peg the console's release for "late October or early November" of 2013 — or about eight years after the launch of the Xbox 360.

I think the "six times more powerful" makes it sounds a lot better than it does. For example, using the same comparisons, the Wii U is five times more powerful than the 360. So a 20% gap between the two.

I think the goals are probably more to get Kinect fully integrated into the hardware/software and to make 1080p the main output for most (if not a requirement for all) games.

Could i buy Resi 4 with points or do i have to use a bank card or paypal?

I'm sure i read somewhere with download games you could at checkout use ms points but it doesn't give me the option to ( i have 1510 ms points ). Is it because i don't have enough points?

Don't want to put my card details on their hackable system.

Don't want to put my card details on their hackable system.

Every system is hackable. Even PayPal.

Anyway, when hovering on the part that has the price in pounds, look around for button commands. I think it's X (but I'm not 100% sure) but there is an option to change to Microsoft Points.

Cheers Shorty & Cube

1840 points .... Gulp!!!! Gets Wii out from under bed.

Think i'll wait for a sale & get Code Veronica.

Downloading some 360 titles may be a good way forward for me to play some of the classics i've missed out on. I couldn't believe i missed out on Mass Effect, and i believe i'm missing out on some other classics as well. Oh well, as soon as i get some funds i'll get on the case.

Better off keeping an eye out online. Pretty sure I've seen Mass Effect for about £7 before.

I already own Mass Effect, purchased a older copy for £5 last year. I'll be looking out for deals on other titles i may have missed out on though.

That was just an example, to match yours :)

After having a quick nosy at Good Games I've Played But You Haven't Which Are Really Cheap:

Orange Box (Portal!)

Mirror's Edge

Prey

Beautiful Katamari

Bayonetta

Halo Reach

That was just an example, to match yours :)

After having a quick nosy at Good Games I've Played But You Haven't Which Are Really Cheap:

Orange Box (Portal!)

Mirror's Edge

Prey

Beautiful Katamari

Bayonetta

Halo Reach

Three cracking and very overlooked games right there.