NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Are there any serious problems I'm liable to encounter if I purchase a used Xbox hard drive? I'm trying to keep my belt buckled tight and a used 60GB for £20 (plus a transfer cable for 10-15) would be just the ticket.

Don't bother with the transfer cable, i've got a spare I can give you if you want it.

Don't bother with the transfer cable, i've got a spare I can give you if you want it.

Superb, that saves me at least a tenner.

rszbroforce.jpg

Edited by gaggle64

Been getting back into BlOps - prestiged, level 15, dying without my ak74u! Only two more levels to go...

Problem I'm having; the game appears to crash every time nuketown is loading. I've not yet tried the 24/7 nuketown thing, but every other time it's come up my game just forever a-loads. Anyone else had this?

Could be a scuff on your disk preventing it from loading that map, seems unlikely but you never know. Tried installing the game?

Hyperthetical question:

If i was to buy a new slim 360, i would obviously need to transfer my saves to the new console. But what if i decide to trade in my old 360 for some money off, how would i go about transfering the data then as i wont have both the hard drives at the same time?

Is there a way to transfer save data to another device, say a external hard drive? So i can then transfer to the new 360 hard drive?

You can transfer 16GB at a time to an external HDD.

Cheers.

I tried my old ps3 40gb hard drive and it seemed to work fine with putting some saves on there. Bit rubbish how it is limited to 16GB though!

I'm struggling with my 60gb 360 to store more than a handfull of installed games with downloadable content etc. I've tried doing a search & all i can find is streaming video via an external hard drive but is it possible to install & run installed games from an external hard drive? Or would i have to upgrade my xbox hard drive?

Wouldn't mind all my games installed so it doesn't sound like a 747 in my room when im playing an uninstalled game. Cheers.

I'm pretty sure you can't install games to the external drive though. That would mean more people would do that, instead of paying for Microsoft's own hard drives.

Darn, thanks for your replies, looks like i'll have to keep on deleting & re-installing games. Wierd, i've got a massive drive on my PS3 & can hook up an external HDD no problem.

Had a decent sesh on GoW3 with my mate yesterday - reached end of chapter 4 (getting into sub I think) after about 8 hours of play. Not as many "nnyyawrraghgh" moments that were in GoW2.

Currently just started Red Dead Redemption - literally just like 20 mins into it. Taking it leisurely.

You'll enjoy Red Dead, once it picks up the pace a little you won't really want to put it down. I liked the beginning, eased you into the feel of the game and how it works/plays.

Yeah that's precisely the kind of game I'm after right now - nothing too hurried; a nice, gentle pace to counter-balance blops/gears and their relentless on-edgery. It's like with fallout when I just soaked in the atmosphere, red dead's vibe is serene (so far!) and it also shows you just how bad the gears script is :P

Yeah that's precisely the kind of game I'm after right now - nothing too hurried; a nice, gentle pace to counter-balance blops/gears and their relentless on-edgery. It's like with fallout when I just soaked in the atmosphere, red dead's vibe is serene (so far!) and it also shows you just how bad the gears script is :P

Aye, it's one of them games that has enough to do outside of the main story. I recall spending 1/2 the time in the saloons playing poker. The side-quests add a refreshing turn to the game as well.

Really need to get back into Red Dead. I played it through and got pretty far, then stopped for a long time to play Splinter Cell Conviction, which is awesome. I let a mate play my game for a bit in the mean time and he was messing around loads. Killed loads of civilians and lawmen, lost loads of my honor and fame (or whatever they are) and then paid the bounty on my head, which was around $800, cleaning out my money. I haven't really wanted to go back on since - I guess it will have auto-saved at some point in this despite the fact I switched off without saving.

But yeah, that.

I'm started playing Mass Effect 2 and love it. At first the changes were hard to understand (hacking etc all changed to something completely different) but now I've gotten the hang of it.

I just recruited Tali and the battle was amazing. They give you 3 methods to attack in the final push and I felt a sense of achievement when I managed to overcome those pesky geth.

I'm enjoying the effects of completing missions in ME1 as well now. Good to see old faces .