NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

@ BeerMonkey - What's Last Remnant like? Kinda looking for an RPG to mop up some of my time and with this sitting at £19.99 in Gamestation I'm very tempted.

yea its defo worth a buy if you like rpgs like lost oddessey, blue dragon and eternal sonata :smile:

just remember to install the game to the hard drive as it makes it run ALOT smoother

LR is the last time i buy a rpg on launch...i paid £35 for it and 2 weeks later i saw it for £19.99 gah o well

You don't have much look with ur cards when it comes to the 360 do u? <Thinks back to the whole B&K incident>

Weirdest part is, they never accepted my payment for the repair, kept getting an error about "order failed at payment gateway or something".

Yet I went back an hour later to try again, using someone else's card, and before I did I spotted "your repair has been processed, please print off your label and send it to us". So it's on its way, and I've been charged :blank:

they need to make up their minds.

There's a free arcade game Dash of Destruction on XBLM. Too bad the game sucks...I managed to get all the achievements in 10 minutes. :shakehead

There's a free arcade game Dash of Destruction on XBLM. Too bad the game sucks...I managed to get all the achievements in 10 minutes. :shakehead

Free AND easy achievements? I'm in. :heh:

meh sounds like waste of time then if its shite. Good for you number collectors thou

I downloaded and completed it in about 15 mins... it's not shite, I enjoyed it just that I won't be going back to it. :heh:

Seriously though anyone who has about 15 mins to spare should download it, it's a great laugh and it has T-rex's! that eat trucks! and stuff... >>

It looks like Crackdown 2 is on the way.

VG247 has is on good authority that Microsoft is funding Scottish start-up Ruffian Games specifically to develop Crackdown 2.

We’ve been told this morning that a significantly-sized group of people resigned from Realtime Worlds approximately two weeks ago to form the new company.

Realtime Worlds has steadfastly refused this morning to give any information on the individuals that left.

A spokesperson told us on the phone that doing so would be “against the data protection act,†and declined to comment in any way.

Ruffian came to light this morning after Gamasutra posted a link to a Flickr set of members of the fledgling firm look at office space in Dundee.

Crackdown lead designer Billy Thomson is involved with Ruffian, as is Xen Group long-timer, Gaz Liddon. Xen provided physics, art and other resources for the original game.

Why Microsoft has decided to go it alone on the sequel is unknown.

The news is no real surprise. Microsoft dropped a heavy hint recently that something was moving forward with a much-wanted sequel, with Xbox Live’s director of programming, Larry Hryb telling MGS boss Phil Spencer in a podcast, “I’m here to tell you on behalf of the community, I want - we need - another Crackdown.

“That’s all I’m going to say, so you don’t have to confirm for deny anything. I’m just saying we want it.â€

Spencer replied: “Yes, Crackdown’s one of my favourites. I’ll leave it at that.â€

Microsoft UK was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.

Crackdown 2! We are, quite literally, living the dream.

crackdown 1 is shite. was not impressed at all

one week till xmas and FINALLY....FINALLY get my mits on gears 2 (and other games)

Crackdown was overhyped, it was just that there was nothing better out at the time, it was the game of the moment so some people will have a soft spot for it I guess depending on when they got it, I picked it up cheap somewhere down the line and I got a small amount of enjoyment out of it.

What? Crackdown was fucking awesome. Nothing but awesome! Beats the crap out of any other 'free roaming' game of this generation thats for sure...

As for that free XBLA game this week? Dinosaurs? Easy achievements? Its free! Dinosaurs with robotic upgrades?

Whats not to like?!

I didn't say it wasn't good, just overhyped. :heh:

Coming back home from Uni tomorrow...cannot wait to get started playing some games again! Think I'll finish off FEAR, start GTA4 and maybe GOW2! WoooO!

I really enjoyed Crackdown when I played through it. The driving was awful but it was great being able to leap buildings and stuff. Have been looking in to getting it again. I think many people got hold of Crackdown initially to get on the Halo 3 Beta and didn't really give the game a proper go. So I'm glad that they may be doing a sequel.

tryed out that dino game was rather fun :)..good considering its free

bout 15 mins and got 190 points not too bad

I have to say I just played the Crackdown demo so I wouldn't know. I didn't like it at all, but it didn't seem to be able to minimally represent anything.

Crackdown was overhyped, it was just that there was nothing better out at the time, it was the game of the moment so some people will have a soft spot for it I guess depending on when they got it, I picked it up cheap somewhere down the line and I got a small amount of enjoyment out of it.

It's not that it was that there was nothing out at the time. It's that there was a Halo sticker on the front of the box with that in game thing that was related to Halo in some way. Everyone bought it for that.

I bought it for the game and loved every minute of it. Especially with a friend. Blowing each other up with rocket launchers from on top of buildings.

I have to say I just played the Crackdown demo so I wouldn't know. I didn't like it at all, but it didn't seem to be able to minimally represent anything.

The demo has nothing on the game, especially since it stops letting you play the moment things get interesting.

But it´s one of those games that are more fun played with someone else and there´s no local co-op so sucks for that.

I also gave the dino game a quick blast last night, really didn't take long to get all the achievments, lol. Now it will never be played again...

The demo has nothing on the game, especially since it stops letting you play the moment things get interesting.

But it´s one of those games that are more fun played with someone else and there´s no local co-op so sucks for that.

There is system link though... it should be noted that the only other time I played it was over system link when Xbox Live was down for a day or something.

I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, I'm getting a 21 ich HD TV, I hopefully will get Eternal Sonata too which i think would be ideal to break the baby in.

Just signed into Xbox Live for the first time in months and I'm impressed!

I love the new dashboard, it seems to work so much better than the old cluttered one.

Righto, I'm off to buy some Rockband songs!

why hadnt you played it in months?

quite impressed with "the godfather" its alot better then i thought it would be :)

mafia meets gta