Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

guessing why he also wanted to get to the tardis to avoid the nuclear matter getting out in the atmosphere and killing people. That is one thing (I've said that so many times, I really didn't like the episode did I?!) I hated the doctor dieing alone, it means his regeneration has very little immediate context, you know someone to mourn and relate to the lose of the doctor in his current form...

The old man was mourning, to be fair.

true...but not there and then...Just been reading through various comments on forums etc...and people are claiming its the best episode ever seriously WTF?!

I personally can't comment on whether its the best episode ever but you have to admit that it was a tremendous send off for Tennant.

"I don't want to go."

I personally can't comment on whether its the best episode ever but you have to admit that it was a tremendous send off for Tennant.

"I don't want to go."

Thats my problem really it may well be the best episode of the revamped lot but in the greater context of Doctor Who it is not up there at all...also did Tennant deserve this long drawn out death, a send off far longer and self indulgent than the likes of Baker, Mccoy, Pertwee? no...he had his chums all meeting up in the last regular episode so why go back and see them all again. It would have been far better if he had a tragic and sudden death (and I don't mean his "suicide" going into the chamber) with bernard cribbins sat there with him.

So people are saying smith wont be as good because he's not that pretty

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that from the ending and the 2010 trailer, it looked odd. I think he looks too young. It's like casting a teenager to play him, it won't look right.

"I don't want to go."

This. I thought Tennant in this episode was the best he's ever done and the ending really got to me. Brilliant acting from Tennant as always.

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Seriously? No. I just like pointing out his massive face.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

its that nose! plus by the looks of his new clothing that Dicky-bow seems a little offputting to me.. that's the reason noone's warmed to him fully yet

I love how he actually comments on that after he regenerates

I also rather like the Mass Effect-style galactic gay bar near the end. :heh:

Star Wars style bar.

Alot of Star .. theme reference's in final episode ie Star Wars, Star Trek, Starbug (Red Drawf).
Edited by Dante

nothing against the new guy but i think they should have gone for an older actor this time round.

That was actually the plan. Then Moffat saw him and changed his mind.

Star Wars style bar.

Nah. The Star Wars style bar is quite dusty. This one was clean like Mass Effect.

He just looks so young to me... When I said George McFly I meant the young one from the 50s. I have a fear that the next season will be little more than a kids show.

It's not a great fear, since I don't care that much about the show anyway, but I just can't see him reaching the bar that Tennant has raised.

On the other hand, if they had a 3 doctors episode where they brought back Tennant and Eccleston, that would be the best thing since the show restarted.

He just looks so young to me... When I said George McFly I meant the young one from the 50s. I have a fear that the next season will be little more than a kids show.

It's not a great fear, since I don't care that much about the show anyway, but I just can't see him reaching the bar that Tennant has raised.

On the other hand, if they had a 3 doctors episode where they brought back Tennant and Eccleston, that would be the best thing since the show restarted.

I loved it when they did the old three doctors with William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee! They also did five doctors but that was only a one off special I think. Hell do the 4 doctors and give Paul McGann a shot, yes the film was largely shite but he actually pretty good.

Just saw the trailer on TV again, he SERIOUSLY doesn't suit as The Doctor. He looks like he belongs in The Sarah Jane Adventures. Really? Why him? Am I missing something?

No you not missing something your just feeling how a lot of people feel...

And, need I add, you're feeling pretty much the same thing people were when Tennant joined. Give him a chance

I thought Tennant would be brilliant as The Doctor when I first heard about the Eccleston-Tennant change but I don't really see Smith as The Doctor. However, as I said, I'll give him a chance and hope I'm wrong.