Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Martha's solution; destroy the world.

*clap*

*clap*

In fairness, it was either Earth or all of reality. Since we'd be buggered either way in that situation, that's a hit I feel the Earth could probably stand to take. You know, "For the team."

anyone else hate the two doctors thing just as a means of getting rose with the doctor...

and Donna wasn't actually all as special as we perhaps thought...

Yeah the two Doctor was lame. It's just an excuse to me the Doctor the only one who is alone.

And the fact that Donna went back to normal was lame.

It was just full of fanservice. It had some interesting bits but in the the end it just glassed over them. It just SO over the top, they probably should have done it in three episodes.

I'd give it 6.7/10.

In fairness, it was either Earth or all of reality. Since we'd be buggered either way in that situation, that's a hit I feel the Earth could probably stand to take. You know, "For the team."

lol, I know. She just seemed so ready to use it. :heh:

Not a bad episode, though I will confess I was begging the Doctor to bash Donna's head in with a pipe when she started freaking out at the end. To put her out of her misery. I also enjoyed the fact that's it's actually impossible for her to ever come back, or she'll explode.

So, I'm guessing that episode was scavenged from fanfiction.net, right? Right?

Lol it is the kinda thing you would expect all the characters coming together.

I'm watching Confidential at the moment...Russell T. Davies on uber ego trip about how epic this episode was...

So, I'm guessing that episode was scavenged from fanfiction.net, right? Right?

Nah, would have been ten times better if it was.

I'm watching Confidential at the moment...Russell T. Davies on uber ego trip about how epic this episode was...

To be fair, he does that about every episode.

I actually rather liked it, although the whole Doctor #2 having a relationship with Rose strikes me as being a little weird. It is good that the ending was focused mainly on Donna. I actually prefer her to the other companions. Oh, and is just me, or is Doctor-with-Donna-brain actually better than Doctor-with-Doctor-brain?

As for the Christmas special, looks like they're overusing another classic Who villian who used to have a lot more menace than they do now. But David Morrissey ftw!

MorrisseyPOTP_468x492.jpg

:heart: you, David!!

Oh, and is just me, or is Doctor-with-Donna-brain actually better than Doctor-with-Doctor-brain?

I sort of thought she was more funny with the Doctor's brain, lol. I also thought it was funny when the Doctor picked up Donna's mannerisms too.

I didn't think that episode was bad, actually I thought it was great. I liked and hated the ending at the same time, lol.

Rose with Doctor #2 was a little weird but at least almost all of them got a happy ending, I suppose. :smile:

Would probably give it an 8 : peace:

I actually always liked RTD in Confidential. In principle the man's a prick, but in Confidential I always liked him- he seemed quite nice every week. Not too sad to see him go as hopefully the new writer will deliver some good plots.

I thought overall the finale was pretty useless! Good idea's but there was too many characters and too little time for each of them. The best bit was how fricking desperately sad it all was in the end. Everyone going back to their lives and whatnot, but the Doctors just left alone. Donna's grandad was the star of the show, and his speech to the Doctor right at the end was top stuff.

Isn't that how it always is? You look at the night sky you used to gaze at together, and wonder about the stars and eternity... only to be left on your own at the end, looking at the moon on your own. Wondering if they are looking too like you used to do... or have they forgot it all, like Donna.

Fun fun!

I..actually cried at the end. Donna's Dad's speech really got to me, only when he said it was "On her behalf". And the doctor in the tardis at the end..it just got to me. The way they drove out the emotions in the characters was..superb. The storyline however was not to so great, the way they dealt with the 2 doctors and the daleks.

Well I liked it - best episode since the series' return, IMO, though I'm not sad to see Russel T Davies go. Donna was fantastic as a companion, I never thought I'd like her, but I'll certainly miss her in future episodes.

I enoyed the episode tonight although i felt a little underwhelmed. I was probably expecting 2 much from it. I thought Donna would be something more than she was, something timelord related.

Not surprised about the cliffhanger at all, everytime he has done a cliffhanger it got sorted within like 10 seconds off the next episode.

I thought they would of used this storyline to bring back the timelords (learning that the time war was not as time locked as the doctor thought with caan getting through etc)

I can see where your coming from with ur comment flameboy, i agree.

Overall it felt like he put all the characters in for the sake of it coz it was his last episodes, they didn't really DO much when you think about it.

Also that little clip for xmas special i thought it was really done badly... I mean whats with the big bold 'Word Art' used to say the cybermen were back....

I enoyed the episode tonight although i felt a little underwhelmed. I was probably expecting 2 much from it. I thought Donna would be something more than she was, something timelord related.

Not surprised about the cliffhanger at all, everytime he has done a cliffhanger it got sorted within like 10 seconds off the next episode.

I thought they would of used this storyline to bring back the timelords (learning that the time war was not as time locked as the doctor thought with caan getting through etc)

I can see where your coming from with ur comment flameboy, i agree.

Overall it felt like he put all the characters in for the sake of it coz it was his last episodes, they didn't really DO much when you think about it.

Also that little clip for xmas special i thought it was really done badly... I mean whats with the big bold 'Word Art' used to say the cybermen were back....

The classic series did stupid cliffhangers as well that were sorted within like 10 seconds in the episode as well and xmas special clip did look like a rush job.

and Donna wasn't actually all as special as we perhaps thought...

Completely unique and saved the universe...I'd be happy with that personally :P

I like Donna, she is the most human of companions (somewhat ironic I know). Rose has turned into some kickass action chick (which I do enjoy), Martha has suddenly become G.I. Jane (I think missing most of S3 and Torchwood has left me clueless) but Donna...she's human. And fun. I loved her cockiness when she had the timelord in her 'awoken'.

Two doctors was a cheap stunt. But it did result in a good line from Jack; "I can't describe what's going through my head right now." That'd be hot :P

And yeah the ending was a cop-out/smooshfest but what I expected really. Kinda epically shame that Donna wanted to be something special, became it and now won't ever be able to remember it. Shame Catherine Tate will never be able to return (well...never say never).

On the Bad Wolf Bay I wanted Rose to called the other Doctor 'Doctor Two', would have been fun. Atlhough what did the Doctor whisper to her? Looked like "I love you", then cut to t'other then back and he's still whispering. Was it his real name ala River Song?

And thats all I can think of now.

Guest bluey
Two doctors was a cheap stunt. But it did result in a good line from Jack; "I can't describe what's going through my head right now." That'd be hot :P

On the Bad Wolf Bay I wanted Rose to called the other Doctor 'Doctor Two', would have been fun. Atlhough what did the Doctor whisper to her? Looked like "I love you", then cut to t'other then back and he's still whispering. Was it his real name ala River Song?

And thats all I can think of now.

holy HELL i was thinking the same thing. i thought about it long and hard, mind.

may have another think about it later on too... *drool*

i think the cut to the real doctor was meant to suggest that HE wanted to be able to say it, instead of doctor two (love it!) also~ i nearly died of shock when rose kissed him. O_____O god DAMN.

...can anyone explain the little "ooh are you from an old cornish family...?" thing between the doctor, rose, and that lass from torchwood?

...can anyone explain the little "ooh are you from an old cornish family...?" thing between the doctor, rose, and that lass from torchwood?

I thought he said "ooh are you from an old cardiff family...?", which i guess would make more sense. If so it would be a reference to the first (Eccleston) series where they went to back to 1869 Cardiff.

Guest bluey
I thought he said "ooh are you from an old cardiff family...?", which i guess would make more sense. If so it would be a reference to the first (Eccleston) series where they went to back to 1869 Cardiff.

ahh my mistake... so who does that make "main character from torchwood" girl? :wtf: